What's new

Rumor: Gobert wants Jazz to decide between him or Mitchell

A rumor so juicy that it doesn't even start at Best Buy, but rather Circuit City.

If the Jazz get rid of Rudy, keep Mitchell, and Mitchell asks out in a year, I’m going to want to riot, get the rope, pitchforks, the whole 9 yards.

If the Jazz get rid of Rudy, keep Mitchell, and Mitchell asks out in a year, I’m going to want to riot, get the rope, pitchforks, the whole 9 yards.
Yeah, it isn't like this outcome isn't patently obvious to anyone paying attention. I think instead of asking "what can we do to get Donovan to stay?," the front office should be asking themselves, "even beyond all we can do, do we believe Donovan will stay?," and the answer to that question will provide much more meaningful guidance on how they approach moves.

Yeah, it isn't like this outcome isn't patently obvious to anyone paying attention. I think instead of asking "what can we do to get Donovan to stay?," the front office should be asking themselves, "even beyond all we can do, do we believe Donovan will stay?," and the answer to that question will provide much more meaningful guidance on how they approach moves.
Changing the common analogy slightly, this would be someone turning down the chance to get in a lifeboat because they're insistent on rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

(all sarcasm in this post read accordingly)

This is Rudy's way of staying with the team. He know Donovan won't demand out (he prefers passive aggressive) and they won't proactively trade him, but by coming out and saying "him or me" all of a sudden Donovan realizes if they choose him that adds a ton of pressure... cuz Rudy announced that the split had to happen. It starts the conversation and Donovan actually saying "you know what... if he feels that way I am thinking about getting out anyway so you should pick him and move me". Its a galaxy brain way he is proving his loyalty to us by trying to stay.

I had been avoiding this place since the Jazz lost, I hate reality TV and I feel like that's what all this BS and Drama has turned into, feels more like a Kardashian or whatever "reality" TV show craving drama then actual Jazz fans rooting for their own team (not just this site every place really).

But yeah Rudy seemed to respond and imply it's all BS.

This is exactly my thinking... and everyone in the room would have to be dead *** honest. Short of making a finals appearance... would Donovan stay? Almost certainly a no.

Then the other set of scenarios is there... say he gets hurt or has a bad year... would he be motivated to sign an extension to lock in security and maybe we squeeze a few more years? I think that scenario is much more likely than the good scenario.

He's not gonna stick around... he just isn't. The next 12-24 months isn't going to be fun or provide us with a whole lot of success if we break these two up. I don't get it... but someone gotta sell tickets I guess.

This is exactly my thinking... and everyone in the room would have to be dead *** honest. Short of making a finals appearance... would Donovan stay? Almost certainly a no.

Then the other set of scenarios is there... say he gets hurt or has a bad year... would he be motivated to sign an extension to lock in security and maybe we squeeze a few more years? I think that scenario is much more likely than the good scenario.

He's not gonna stick around... he just isn't. The next 12-24 months isn't going to be fun or provide us with a whole lot of success if we break these two up. I don't get it... but someone gotta sell tickets I guess.
Being an expert in something isn't about knowing the right answers, but is more about being able to formulate the right questions. I haven't seen anything that we can discern publicly that suggests we're asking the right questions.

Oh man, this off season is straight fire. Lol, and after what I had to watch this year I’m ready to enjoy and pop some popcorn. I want Wholesale changes to the jazz. Trade both for all I care. If the jazz keep Gobert I won’t complain though.

Damian Lillard

Rudy is the bad guy here. No spinning it. You don't do this in public. But hey, y'all have been applauding his stupid media statements.

Rudy is softer than a croissant.
Not even close. How do you sleep at night?
If true. If true. I've said that the whole time.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
No. You started out saying if true. Then like your very next post you called Gobert the bad guy, basically accusing him of saying that which then he came out and said it was a rumor. Lol idiot!!
All the Don rumor stuff started this same way. It's all just rumors.

So you believe the Don stuff?
So do you believe believe Rudy stuff?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
No it didn’t.