What's new

Russian Culture Night! Jazz @ Nets 1/19/2011 5PM MST

Bad time to have a slump. Jazz had a fairly easy road trip and I thought they could go 3-1 or better. With games against LA and Spurs coming up soon, they needed as many wins as possible. Instead they are stinking up the joint. Not taking advantage of Mavs's struggles. Disappointing. I think losses like these last two will be the difference between a top 3 seed and a 4th/5th seed and a first round/second round exit come playoffs.

And games like tonight show why it is difficult to rely on guys like Millsap to be the third option. Ditto with AK, even though he had a good game.
But the bigger problem has been defense.

Headed towards a six-game losing streak. I say put 'em all on the trading block. Time to blow up this mess and start the rebuilding. Every single guy on the Jazz is worth about half of what he's getting paid; AK even less.
If I were KOC, I'd head into the off-season (strike) with all expiring contracts. Greg should then see how much money Stern is offering to be one of the teams that gets eliminated. Clippers survive because they have a budding superstar in Griffin. Sacramento can move to Anaheim, with the Jazz and Wolves contracted out of existence.

If you're not sarcastic (and I don't think you are), you embody the worst of myopic fan boy horse-****. You're embarrassing yourself and embarrassing the site.

The Jazz need a reliable 2nd player. Millsap has been the closest thing until the last two games. You can't be the same player every game, but you can't go from 18/8 to less than half the player.

If the Jazz are going to make a big move, Millsap is the most valuable asset they have that they could get rid of. I'd rather not lose him but he's slowly been falling apart and his rebounding (or lack thereof) is simply unacceptable. Kevin Love isn't bigger or more athletic than he is and he doesn't play closer to the basket (in fact, Love plays a lot more offense on the perimeter) and he outboards everyone in the league by a mile. Millsap's size is not a reason he's fallen off of a cliff, rebounding-wise. I've been concerned about this all year but now it's fever-pitch. WHERE THE **** DID HE GO???

Millsap is just a good role player. You expect a role player to be your consistent second option you are in trouble. Apart from Deron, Jazz need a couple of borderline all stars to have a shot against the Spurs or Lakers. Al Jeff looks like he might get there someday. Which leaves one more player. And AK or Millsap is'nt it.

Millsap is just a good role player. You expect a role player to be your consistent second option you are in trouble. Apart from Deron, Jazz need a couple of borderline all stars to have a shot against the Spurs or Lakers. Al Jeff looks like he might get there someday. Which leaves one more player. And AK or Millsap is'nt it.

The rebounding, though. Rebounding numbers are supposed to be the most consistent stat through levels of competition and minutes, but he's lost it. Whatever it was. I'm not asking him to be the pillar, I know he can't be. But let's focus on his bread and butter, what got him into the NBA in the first place. What THE **** happened to his rebounding?

I guess I would be in favor of benching AK and Bell and starting Hayward and CJ. Do that and let's see what happens.

The rebounding, though. Rebounding numbers are supposed to be the most consistent stat through levels of competition and minutes, but he's lost it. Whatever it was. I'm not asking him to be the pillar, I know he can't be. But let's focus on his bread and butter, what got him into the NBA in the first place. What THE **** happened to his rebounding?

Maybe his rebounding was overrated considering he went up against bench players for the most part of his first 3 years.

Layden also said something about Big Al and Millsap trying too hard to connect on defense and not being in position to rebound. Maybe they just dont jell that well as far as defense/rebounding is concerned.

I said at the beginning of the season that we were going with a frontline that was even smaller than last year's. And that was'nt going to help us a whole lot on rebounding. Not everyone can be a Love or Rodman. And I think Love is actually a bit bigger than Millsap with probably better instincts for rebounding.

i'm in favor of benching the entire team picking up a bunch of D-League scrubs and starting them. That would be more entertaining to me than watching this starting lineup get abused by the New Jersey Nets.

KOC said that Bell's role was envisioned along the lines of Bowen's in his twilight years. Which is, hit a few shots, play some defense. Thats about it. And thats about what he is doing. In other words, the Jazz are not looking at him as the 4th option. They are looking at AK and Millsap to be the two consistent options behind Big Al/Deron.

That doesnt mean I am hapy with Bell's productivity. Just saying that you need to keep your expectations tempered, production-offense. Atleast he doesnt go 2-9 or 3-11 a lot of times like Miles. He takes less shots which keeps his FG% higher. The problem is AK and Millsap havent been consistent. Even Big Al has'nt been that consistent. Thats what is hurting us.

I say take out everyone in the starting lineup and put the bench in. Except for d will. Then we would have the best bench in the league. When other teams put in there bench maybe millsap and everyone could handle them.

Outrebounded by 13 against the Nets, outrebounded by 11 against the Wizards. Its time for some massive changes imo.

Best thing about this loss is the fact that OKC lost too so we're not losing any ground there. Would be nice if we'd actually win games against cellar dwellar teams though. One can only hope with the Jazz I guess.

Best thing about this loss is the fact that OKC lost too so we're not losing any ground there. Would be nice if we'd actually win games against cellar dwellar teams though. One can only hope with the Jazz I guess.

This is not a good thing at all. Our conference foes are playing against each other, you have got to take advantage of that. Look at the recent schedules of Denver, OKC, Lakers, Mavs. They have been playing against each other and some other tough opponents but the Jazz stupidly lost MUST WIN games and when the season is over, those little by little dumb losses will have a superior impact. The Jazz eventually will also play against the tough opponents and division rivals, against which the Jazz have not had a good success rate. The Jazz could have easily been a top2 seed right now. The Jazz, with those kind of losses at home and on the road, will be lucky to get a top4 seed and first round home court advantage. Other than Lakers, nobody above the Jazz in the standings have had an easier schedule than the Jazz.

Deron badly wants to call his team an "elite" but this team is not an elite offensively or defensively. The Jazz have always been an elite offensive team but this team is just unpredictable, inconsistent. They are supposed to get better and better but not only the offense has not come along, but also the defensive efficiency, effort which won several cruical close games in the early season went to south. The Jazz just do not commit themselves to play help defense and help the helper. Their offense is just stagnant and stupid thing is while Deron wants to push the ball, others cannot accompany with him. The Jazz have to play faster.

I didn't say the loss was a good thing I said it was good that since we lost that OKC lost too. Meaning we aren't losing ground in the standings and so even though it's frustrating that we lost, we still have a great shot at improving up to the 3 spot very soon if the Jazz get their act together.

This is not a good thing at all. Our conference foes are playing against each other, you have got to take advantage of that. Look at the recent schedules of Denver, OKC, Lakers, Mavs. They have been playing against each other and some other tough opponents but the Jazz stupidly lost MUST WIN games and when the season is over, those little by little dumb losses will have a superior impact. The Jazz eventually will also play against the tough opponents and division rivals, against which the Jazz have not had a good success rate. The Jazz could have easily been a top2 seed right now. The Jazz, with those kind of losses at home and on the road, will be lucky to get a top4 seed and first round home court advantage. Other than Lakers, nobody above the Jazz in the standings have had an easier schedule than the Jazz.

Deron badly wants to call his team an "elite" but this team is not an elite offensively or defensively. The Jazz have always been an elite offensive team but this team is just unpredictable, inconsistent. They are supposed to get better and better but not only the offense has not come along, but also the defensive efficiency, effort which won several cruical close games in the early season went to south. The Jazz just do not commit themselves to play help defense and help the helper. Their offense is just stagnant and stupid thing is while Deron wants to push the ball, others cannot accompany with him. The Jazz have to play faster.

It's always those silly losses that kill us every year. Like the losses to the Twolves of the last few years(we almost lost again to them this year) this year's
version is losses to the Nets, Portland shorthanded @ home, Wiz + memphis. sigh

I didn't say the loss was a good thing I said it was good that since we lost that OKC lost too. Meaning we aren't losing ground in the standings and so even though it's frustrating that we lost, we still have a great shot at improving up to the 3 spot very soon if the Jazz get their act together.

I see, man but let me remind you something. The Jazz every year have their run, winning streaks, they play really well in some stretches but every year, what seperates SAS, LAL from Jazz is winning the games you are supposed to win. I'm not claiming that those teams do not lose to lesser opponents, which they do less than Jazz, the difference is they win on the road consistently and they win statement games at the end of the regular season. The Jazz, yet again, will win 50+ games if they just execute the offense, try to get better as a group. However, every year, it has been same story: win at home lose everything on the road. This year, the Jazz are dominant neither at home, nor on the road. The result is same: losing the lesser opponents will catch up with them. Actually, there is a huge possibility that the Jazz will get hampered much more by those losses than the old Jazz teams used to because this team has some bad habits, like not running, slow starts, bad execution, lack of ball movement. This way, there is no way the Jazz can get a top4-5 seed. We have seen the same thing, so it's difficult to be optimistic about the remainder of the season, even for a optimist fan, me. The Jazz have to convince us that they improve in fundamental facets of the game to make me feel comfortable watching them, believing them. It's all on them.

Trade Klinko for Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries. Humprhies starts at the 4, Milsap can go back to abusing the other teams second unit.

Trade Troy Murphy for a wing, ANY wing.

It's always those silly losses that kill us every year. Like the losses to the Twolves of the last few years(we almost lost again to them this year) this year's
version is losses to the Nets, Portland shorthanded @ home, Wiz + memphis. sigh

Come on now. Memphis not that bad of a team. i know some will hate this idea, but i say start Fes and Miles. Send Raja and Millsap to second unit. Millsap will give us more scoring on the inside in the second unit. Against Boston you have Garnett and Shaq starting. Fes is the best defender for a Shaq type player. See how it goes.

Horrible loss, and this is a bad stretch, but I'm personally optimistic. The team is more talented than they're playing. We won games early we shouldn't have, now we've lost games we shouldn't have. I believe these two embarrassing losses will get things clicking.