What's new

Ryan Smith Will Run This Team Into the Ground Then Sell

I was told that Ainge was brought in because of Mitchell. Utah knows they have Mitchell for this year and maybe next and that's it. Utah feels that Mitchell may want out this summer and they wanted someone experienced in moving a player like Mitchell.

I, personally, think hiring Ainge was a mistake, but that was the reasoning.
Knicks already sound like they will go after Donovan before next season
If Donovan really wants to go to Knicks Ainge needs to make the price very high like the other all stars who have been traded

First Yuta Watanabe and now this.

My mans smokin that Ryan Smith richboy pack. Must got the best of the best reefer in Utah.

It is his new billion dollar toy. He is playing with it like a kid putting stickers on his GI Joe trucks. Gotta make it look cool! Pew pew!! It can shoot!! Look out Cobra!! Maybe he is Sid from Toy Story. Break his toys apart and create horrific new versions of them with their random parts. Doesn't matter if it works as intended, it will be SO...FREAKING...COOL!!!

Seriously get a weird jr high vibe from him and what he is doing with the franchise. Strange. I guess in my 50's I am just getting old and not in touch with these young 40 year old whippersnappers.

And by the way, that Sid kid was a complete psychopath and needed outside help. I mean, damn!
What has he done that makes you feel like he's playing with the team like a toy? What has he done to make you post this lol.

the stuff you read on this site. Just unhinged stuff.

What has he done that makes you feel like he's playing with the team like a toy? What has he done to make you post this lol.

the stuff you read on this site. Just unhinged stuff.
Um yeah. Unhinged. :rolleyes:

why would DM go to NY? that team is a contender?
If he wants to go to NY I’m not sure he’s the guy that can lead us to a title. NY is a **** show still. Going to NY means he gets around 40ish wins a year and has a good playoff series or two. Especially since they will have to gut their team and future draft assets to get him.

If he wants to go to NY I’m not sure he’s the guy that can lead us to a title. NY is a **** show still. Going to NY means he gets around 40ish wins a year and has a good playoff series or two. Especially since they will have to gut their team and future draft assets to get him.
With Dolan, NY will always be an interesting, uneasy scenario. But let's just jump down the rabbit hole just a minute.

Let's just say we trade Donovan to NY. And let's just say it's something like...

Fournier and anybody else on their roster we want (Barrett, Reddish, etc) plus NY's 2022 1st, Dallas' 2023 1st, NY's 2024 1st and maybe another future 1st
for
Donovan

In addition to getting all the draft assets possible, we look to get completely out of the luxury for the coming season.

As for the Knicks with Donovan, I don't think it's all gloom and doom. They lose draft capital, but they suck drafting anyway. Donovan would be the best young player to build around that they have had since Allan Houston. With Donovan there, who knows who they attract in free agency. Jaylen Brown and Donovan are really close, and Jaylen is an unrestricted free agent in 2023.

I really hope this doesn't happen regardless.

With Dolan, NY will always be an interesting, uneasy scenario. But let's just jump down the rabbit hole just a minute.

Let's just say we trade Donovan to NY. And let's just say it's something like...

Fournier and anybody else on their roster we want (Barrett, Reddish, etc) plus NY's 2022 1st, Dallas' 2023 1st, NY's 2024 1st and maybe another future 1st
for
Donovan

In addition to getting all the draft assets possible, we look to get completely out of the luxury for the coming season.

As for the Knicks with Donovan, I don't think it's all gloom and doom. They lose draft capital, but they suck drafting anyway. Donovan would be the best young player to build around that they have had since Allan Houston. With Donovan there, who knows who they attract in free agency. Jaylen Brown and Donovan are really close, and Jaylen is an unrestricted free agent in 2023.

I really hope this doesn't happen regardless.
I like Donovan, and while I’d much rather have it work out with him here, if you’re telling me we could have Fournier, Barrett (or Reddish), and 3 to 4 first round picks, I’m hard pressed not to think the Jazz come out wayyyy ahead in that scenario. But they’ve gotta hit on one or two of those picks for that to be the case.

I like Donovan, and while I’d much rather have it work out with him here, if you’re telling me we could have Fournier, Barrett (or Reddish), and 3 to 4 first round picks, I’m hard pressed not to think the Jazz come out wayyyy ahead in that scenario. But they’ve gotta hit on one or two of those picks for that to be the case.
Ya. Im a huge Spida fan but thats a pretty good haul. First round picks, especially lottery picks, are fun for fans to speculate about and fantasize about. Gives fans more hope than they probably should. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Having said that, like you, I want him to stay here for his next contract. He is an awesome player and awesome person and his game is fun to watch.

Ya. Im a huge Spida fan but thats a pretty good haul. First round picks, especially lottery picks, are fun for fans to speculate about and fantasize about. Gives fans more hope than they probably should. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Having said that, like you, I want him to stay here for his next contract. He is an awesome player and awesome person and his game is fun to watch.
And frankly we are a couple of pieces around Mitchell and Gobert from being hard-core contenders. If we turn the corner on team D we will be the toughest out in the playoffs regardless of home court. I hope we have both Mitchell and Gobert until we have won a couple rings and they leave as geezers chasing one last ring or one last contact as we rebuild. Hell I'd be happy for both of them to retire here. Win a few rings, have some great playoff runs, go down as the best duo the Jazz have ever seen. The potential for that is there.

Just wanted to bump this pre-draft as we are all about to witness his next masterstroke at ruining a team.

Maybe his goal is to ultimately move them to Las Vegas so they can be cool. So he makes embarrassing uniforms and makes a few dumb trades and the Jazz suck and fans stop coming to games and then he petitions the league to move the team. So he can hang out with DW and the boys in Las Vegas.

Maybe his goal is to ultimately move them to Las Vegas so they can be cool. So he makes embarrassing uniforms and makes a few dumb trades and the Jazz suck and fans stop coming to games and then he petitions the league to move the team. So he can hang out with DW and the boys in Las Vegas.
He’s Rachel Phelps.

“The yellow on the jerseys represents the bright lights of the strip!”