What's new

Sanders starting to kick some HC... whatever

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sanders supporters will vote (and help elect) Trump to teach the party a lesson.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sanders supporters will vote (and help elect) Trump to teach the party a lesson.

I've heard so many people say that they might have to vote f Trump because they just can't vote for Hillary. I tell them the only time I'd have a hard time considering voting for Trump was if Hitler was running against him, other than that it's a no-brainer.

They say Hillary is just so dishonest. I ask them how many male politicians are honest. Like it's okay to elect a lying man, but a lying woman? Whoa, that's just unacceptable.

I've heard so many people say that they might have to vote f Trump because they just can't vote for Hillary. I tell them the only time I'd have a hard time considering voting for Trump was if Hitler was running against him, other than that it's a no-brainer.

They say Hillary is just so dishonest. I ask them how many male politicians are honest. Like it's okay to elect a lying man, but a lying woman? Whoa, that's just unacceptable.

I don't see the big issue with voting for an administrator instead of a "leader". I see a lot of problems in politics and society that can use a better vision from the executive branch, but society progresses on its own anyway, and I'll happily settle for someone who just won't stand in the way.

Hillary gets my vote.

Bernie should run as an independent if Hillary doesn't make the concessions that he's asking for.

Him getting more than 10% of the vote would 100% lead to a collapse of the 2-party system, which I'm pretty sure everyone working American wants.

If splitting the left-wing vote results in Trump getting elected, then so be it. The Democratic party will continue to avoid drifting to the left unless there is a real pressure of their party alienating massive voter bases.

The same argument is always made here in Canada-- "you gotta vote Liberal in order to avoid letting the Conservatives win because the NDP will split the vote!!". Well, it might happen for one election, maybe 2. But in the long run it's healthier for democracy because it holds parties accountable to the votes that they receive.

I'd love to see the fireworks go off in the DNP if Bernie ran as an independent. Oh God damn, it would be hilarious.

I wish Bernie would do it.

I'm actually starting to feel the Bern. I hate that he's so populist like Donald Bar Room Drunk Trump, but the guy says some good things.

Also, [MENTION=848]dalamon[/MENTION], your JimLes Snyder hate troll job will never trump my Ty Corbin love. You don't have the time to invest...

I'd love to see the fireworks go off in the DNP if Bernie ran as an independent. Oh God damn, it would be hilarious.

I wish Bernie would do it.

I can see it now. Hillary v. GOP establishment shill (chosen at convention) v. Trump v. Johnson (polling over 10% in the general election) v. Sanders.

Bernie should run as an independent if Hillary doesn't make the concessions that he's asking for.

Him getting more than 10% of the vote would 100% lead to a collapse of the 2-party system, which I'm pretty sure everyone working American wants.

If splitting the left-wing vote results in Trump getting elected, then so be it. The Democratic party will continue to avoid drifting to the left unless there is a real pressure of their party alienating massive voter bases.

The same argument is always made here in Canada-- "you gotta vote Liberal in order to avoid letting the Conservatives win because the NDP will split the vote!!". Well, it might happen for one election, maybe 2. But in the long run it's healthier for democracy because it holds parties accountable to the votes that they receive.

He really can't. There are sore loser laws in many states that would deny him ballot access and in most states it's too late anyway. He could run a write in campaign or maybe accept a vp position with a 3rd party(don't know but this could be against sore loser laws as well).

Bernie isn't running anymore. The best he can hope for is to get Warren selected as Clinton's VP.

He really can't. There are sore loser laws in many states that would deny him ballot access and in most states it's too late anyway. He could run a write in campaign or maybe accept a vp position with a 3rd party(don't know but this could be against sore loser laws as well).

Bernie isn't running anymore. The best he can hope for is to get Warren selected as Clinton's VP.

Jill Stein/Bernie Sanders

;)

Even the green party probably won't be on the ballot in all 50 states. Likely 40-48

IIRC Oklahoma and Michigan are a real bitch to get on the ballot. Most states are pretty difficult.

Only 3 candidates will be on the ballot in all 50 come the general election. D candidate, R candidate and Gary Johnson.

Even the green party probably won't be on the ballot in all 50 states. Likely 40-48

IIRC Oklahoma and Michigan are a real bitch to get on the ballot. Most states are pretty difficult.

can someone explain why this is? I'm not sure I understand the thinking behind this. Hard to see this as anything other than undemocratic.

can someone explain why this is? I'm not sure I understand the thinking behind this. Hard to see this as anything other than undemocratic.

It's an American thing, you wouldn't understand.

On a serious note, USA isn't really into democracy. We are in to fighting one party against the other and gerrymandering districts for an edge and boiling down every single swing state to the district and slamming them with t.v. ads and automated phone calls that our poly scientists come up with. Nobody's vote except those in swing states matters & we like to keep it that way. If you want to enter the green party candidate chicken into this pit bull fight we basically don't want to deal with the obnoxious distraction in the match. Everyone knows it won't win anyway, except "principled" Ron Paul voters.

There are hundreds probably over a thousand people running for president. I have signed to help a crazy person on the street try to get on the ballot twice so far in my adult life. One of the dudes, the Mango King, may have given me some acid(I plead the 5th). If there were no ballot restrictions the ballot would become unmanageable. The restrictions have gone way too far though. I think we can handle around 8-10 candidates before we even need to start worrying about tightening the ballot.

BTW I would totally vote for Vermin Supreme, the only dude that gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxaLOsqTIQw