What's new

say NO to EXUM. the biggest bust since darko.

How do you know that Sabonis would’ve been unprepared to play NBA ball without having gone to college if he had had the chance?
I only can judge by what his father was saying - that he was nowhere near being ready and if he wanted to be successful he needed to go to college. I mean whom we should trust better than HOF center about preparedness of his son to play in NBA? At the end of the day it worked perfectly fine for Sabonis Jr. in Gonzaga. Mark Few is damn good coach and I think he did great job by developing him. Had Dante gone to Duke for example and played prime role under coach K? Just my opinion but I think he would be much better player today

Dante's overall situation, if you look at it and think that it is nothing out of the norm, and not abnormal in the slightest, then you need to rethink.

But thats my point. There was not a single international player who was successful in NBA and who did not go to college or did not play in pro league before being drafted( Unless I am missing somebody) Not sure why Exum's camp thought he is going to be exception. Had he played at least a year in Euroleague or in college I think he would have been much better prepared for NBA.

I
ha, they may not be the most popular amongst Exum homers ( Jazz, tragic, magic utahjazzz and all other alts are on ignore so I do not need to worry about reading their crap anymore) but they for sure are not the worst. Please provide arguments against anything I said and we can have normal discussion about it.
I still read your crap, I love comedy. Oh, but you want see this I’m on ignore. I think Exum is very average, but also hard done by compared to other Jazz players. Guess that makes me a homer?

But thats my point. There was not a single international player who was successful in NBA and who did not go to college or did not play in pro league before being drafted( Unless I am missing somebody) Not sure why Exum's camp thought he is going to be exception. Had he played at least a year in Euroleague or in college I think he would have been much better prepared for NBA.

So he is unique then? I told you that he's had a unique journey but you vehemently disagreed, but now you're agreeing with me. Do you know what you're debating anymore?

Anyway, I've written all I've had to say.

Nowitski was ok?

Nowitski was ok?
I will remind you that Dirk played in 2d bundesliga in Germany from age 16 to 20 for DJK Wurzburg. That is professional league - not at Euroleague level but still he had 4 years in professional league before declaring for draft. Apparently I have not put this alt account on ignore yet. Here, now it is done.

So he is unique then? I told you that he's had a unique journey but you vehemently disagreed, but now you're agreeing with me. Do you know what you're debating anymore?
Yeah, he is unique in a way he decided to develop his professional career - skipping college or pro league and entering draft while being green as a cucumber... He is not unique as it comes to international talents and I was pointing to successful players from outside of USA who made much wiser decisions than Dante and thus have much better success as NBA players.

And by the way, Exum was so ill-prepared to play in the NBA as a rookie that he managed to play all 82 games, and more minutes per game than he has in any subsequent season. It seems his body was just fine then.

Luke Walton recently said this is a man's league and got after his players for not attacking the lack of physical presence in young players. It takes quite a long time to build the body many of these guys have. Exum worked out enough that a year in college wouldn't have helped his physicality. Could have taken time and energy away from it.

Yeah, he is unique in a way he decided to develop his professional career - skipping college or pro league and entering draft while being green as a cucumber... He is not unique as it comes to international talents and I was pointing to successful players from outside of USA who made much wiser decisions than Dante and thus have much better success as NBA players.

He was the longest of long term projects. Wouldn't have seen it in a workout, but in the game he still has some awkward moves around the rim... much more fluid than it used to be... but for the first few years it seemed like every shot around the rim looked like the first time he'd ever shot around the rim.

I'm encouraged by his progress last 4-5 weeks. Didn't check out Trey Lyles style when he was pulled from the rotation. The investment up to this point really won't justify the end result imo... but at this point I think he's useful and it's worth continuing... if someone offered something solid in trade I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger though.

Maybe immature, but mentally weak seems like a stretch. He just came in not ready in his 2nd season, but guys struggle in their 2nd seasons, it happens to most of them.

Locke basically said he mentally checked out and he may have actually hinted at it himself.