What's new

Game Thread September 1, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 7

Added to Calendar: 09-01-20

It isn't just about schools... I live in CA and they have shut businesses down for months ruining financial lives/futures... Locally we have not really spiked all that hard. Unless it is less about safety and more about election season then there is no way we are playing nba basketball with crowds in December... and if that is the case they destroyed businesses and financial lives over some political ******** they never really believed.

My brother lives in CA and he keeps me posted.

I live just south of Nashville. Our county put out benchmarks for the schools to abide by for being "in person". Despite the rising covid numbers, k-2 still went to school. Last Friday, all kids are back in school. The mask mandate from the county mayor just lifted as well.

Something doesn't add up. With the recent report that 94% of those dying from COVID had at least 2 underlying conditions either baffles some or doesn't surprise some at all. Of course this whole thing,, rather the response to the thing, has been manipulated due to the fact that it's a presidential election year. Any other year, there wouldn't have been this level of hysteria.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Something doesn't add up. With the recent report that 94% of those dying from COVID had at least 2 underlying conditions either baffles some or doesn't surprise some at all.

Probably because it's basically false.

Of course this whole thing,, rather the response to the thing, has been manipulated due to the fact that it's a presidential election year. Any other year, there wouldn't have been this level of hysteria.

Are you so young you don't remember SARS and Ebola?

what do you mean? See bolded

I’ve started to wonder whether a science-forward approach would work with the post-truth American public. Science has too much nuance.
I don't have all the answers but asking those in the highest tiers to stay home and providing them means (access to delivery service, income to sustain, etc.) to do it would have been a focus. If they didn't want to do that then that is up to them (can provide a seat belt but can't buckle it for you).

Provide businesses that can stay open with thermometers and guidelines for safe operation, but let them operate. Travel still likely needs to be limited.

The point is... shutdown was never ever the answer... it was to flatten the curve so we could ramp up other stuff... then it became the answer... just doesn't work.

I don't have all the answers but asking those in the highest tiers to stay home and providing them means (access to delivery service, income to sustain, etc.) to do it would have been a focus. If they didn't want to do that then that is up to them (can provide a seat belt but can't buckle it for you).

Provide businesses that can stay open with thermometers and guidelines for safe operation, but let them operate. Travel still likely needs to be limited.

The point is... shutdown was never ever the answer... it was to flatten the curve so we could ramp up other stuff... then it became the answer... just doesn't work.
It’s possible that any hope of a sustainable and rational response to this was lost once the most basic and credible things were ridiculously politicized, but I share your disappointment by our collective inability to find some other way through it. There were many tools that went not just unused, but were unable to even rise to the level of an imagined use.

Probably because it's basically false.

Are you so young you don't remember SARS and Ebola?

Lol. That's why I called it a report not necessarily the facts....

I don't ever remember any kind of epidemic that led to us being shut in our house for months.

Lol. That's why I called it a report not necessarily the facts....

I don't ever remember any kind of epidemic that led to us being shut in our house for months.

SARS was much less contagious, and Ebola had less than five cases in the states. If you change either of those, there would have been shutdowns.

Any further replies on this topic will be made in the appropriate thread in General.

Quin has options against Murray that he hasn’t even sniffed in 5 or 6 quarters.
Problem is now its game 7... experiment with something that gets you smoked and that's a bad look. I bet you almost nothing changes... Royce is capable of much better than he showed last game so I think it still might work. Quin's lack of experimentation (in season and playoffs) kind of limits our current options.

If Mitchell scores 53 points tonight he will own the record for most points in a playoff series.

Curry owns the record for most threes in a series at 32. Mitchell and Murray both have 31 going into tonight.

I have a feeling the Jazz are going to lay an egg, but tbh, I always have that feeling before big games.

It will be interesting to see what Mitchell does tonight.

I'm glad Mike is coming off the bench.

**** Murray.

I have a feeling the Jazz are going to lay an egg, but tbh, I always have that feeling before big games.

It will be interesting to see what Mitchell does tonight.

I'm glad Mike is coming off the bench.

**** Murray.

Conley is coming off the bench?