Should Jazz claim Melo?

jazzfan1971

Melo is making 2.4 mil this season. If Houston cuts him it has been rumored that Philly will claim him off waivers. And why not take the risk for that few dollars?

But, Utah would be ahead of Philly in the waiver claim process as it stands today. Why not cut Tyler Cavanaugh and claim Melo? I'd think he could play next to Gobert pretty well. Put him in as the starting 4 and see what happens.

If it doesn't work out you can always waive him and re-sign Cavanaugh.

yamers

Dr0iKwLXQAAzLTd.jpg

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
1. Cavanaugh is on a 2-way. Waiving him does not open a roster spot, unless Melo clears waivers and decides he'd like to be on a 2-way in Utah.
2. Most people are coming around to see on Melo what they should have seen 10 years ago. It's like young, youthful good looks with a terrible personality, but everyone looks past the obvious for the optics. Now that youthful good looks has faded and you're left with not being able to see anything besides reality.
3. When we see Melo, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Alfalfa

1. Cavanaugh is on a 2-way. Waiving him does not open a roster spot, unless Melo clears waivers and decides he'd like to be on a 2-way in Utah.
2. Most people are coming around to see on Melo what they should have seen 10 years ago. It's like young, youthful good looks with a terrible personality, but everyone looks past the obvious for the optics. Now that youthful good looks has faded and you're left with not being able to see anything besides reality.
3. When we see Melo, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

No way he's leaving the scotus.

jazzfan1971

ah, I am not used to 2 way contracts yet. Honestly there is nobody on the active roster I'd dump to take a flyer on him.

jom2003

He could play a similar role as Iso Joe. We need a second option behind Donovan in the event of a broken play.