What's new

Should Jazz claim Melo?

Melo is making 2.4 mil this season. If Houston cuts him it has been rumored that Philly will claim him off waivers. And why not take the risk for that few dollars?

But, Utah would be ahead of Philly in the waiver claim process as it stands today. Why not cut Tyler Cavanaugh and claim Melo? I'd think he could play next to Gobert pretty well. Put him in as the starting 4 and see what happens.

If it doesn't work out you can always waive him and re-sign Cavanaugh.
:NotSureIfSerious:

No thanks on Melo
His specialty was hitting open shots
He can't even do that anymore

He'd be like Joe in that second season when the Jazz couldn't wait to get rid of him. On top of the guarantee that melo will be a douche in the locker room.

Why you gotta do Joe dirty like that? Big ups to a great guy who filled his role nicely, professionally for Utah.

Joe handled his role worthy of our respect. Melo's ego wouldn't let him.

Melo: coach, put me in I can help

QS:

Melo: coach, my shot is on tonight during warmup.

QS:

Melo: coach, I dont feel part of the team like I should be. Why aren't you me, me, me, me, me, me.

QS: can somebody get the waterboy a Gatorade?

Joe: Thanks for letting me rest Q. You know these old knees ain't gettin another contract with higher mileage.

QS: NP. Beers at Wing Nuts later on?

Why you gotta do Joe dirty like that? Big ups to a great guy who filled his role nicely, professionally for Utah.

Joe handled his role worthy of our respect. Melo's ego wouldn't let him.

Melo: coach, put me in I can help

QS:

Melo: coach, my shot is on tonight during warmup.

QS:

Melo: coach, I dont feel part of the team like I should be. Why aren't you me, me, me, me, me, me.

QS: can somebody get the waterboy a Gatorade?

Joe: Thanks for letting me rest Q. You know these old knees ain't gettin another contract with higher mileage.

QS: NP. Beers at Wing Nuts later on?

You're right. Joe was great. Carried the Jazz past the first round. And we appreciate it. But he lost a step in his second season with Utah and became a liability.

But ya, melo sucks.

Melo is in denial and so is anyone that thinks he can be a useful role player. Melo has 5 assists and 121 shot attempts this season which makes him a great addition for a dumpster fire team like the Wizards.
Spot on with this post! Couldn't have worded it any better!

What I meant to type is "...they should claim he's a ballhog and they don't want him."

Saying he's a ballhog is a claim. Saying they don't want him is a statement.
A claim is an unproven assertion. I don’t think “Melo is a ball hog” qualifies.

A claim is an unproven assertion. I don’t think “Melo is a ball hog” qualifies.

I looked up the statement and it's defined as "State or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof."

I didn't attempt to elaborate or prove it - it was an assertion as you agree - so it's a claim.

I looked up the statement and it's defined as "State or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof."

I didn't attempt to elaborate or prove it - it was an assertion as you agree - so it's a claim.
Melo being a ball hog is more in the realm of fact than claim.