What's new

Should Mitt release his tax returns?

You mean like, voting?

Why would an illegal immigrant care more about voting than they would about getting legal?

If all they had to do was say they were born in a barn and never had a birth certificate, every one of them would do that. That would make them legal.

LOL, nice spin. Keep at it my friend.

Hey I lost my ID and it is an inconvenience for me to get all the crap I need for an ID so everyone else should cater to my absolute laziness.

Where has anyone suggested that anyone should be catered to? We're only suggesting you don't have to do any extra work (meet extra requirements) in order to keep your constitutional rights. It's all about the constitution, right?

LOL, nice spin. Keep at it my friend.

Hey I lost my ID and it is an inconvenience for me to get all the crap I need for an ID so everyone else should cater to my absolute laziness.

Last time this was discussed, every single objection was answered including buying an ID for the indigent. The opposition backed off into their weeds waiting to rehash the same **** a few months down the road. So here we are, all there concerns have been accommodated, & they still refuse voter ID laws. They don't care about the content, only that illegals & the dead won't be voting democrat.

Last time this was discussed, every single objection was answered including buying an ID for the indigent. The opposition backed off into their weeds waiting to rehash the same **** a few months down the road. So here we are, all there concerns have been accommodated, & they still refuse voter ID laws. They don't care about the content, only that illegals & the dead won't be voting democrat.

Oh I know but I hope that continuing to hammer them over the head with it will open at least a few eyes one day.

More like the elderly and minorities won't be voting at all.

And yet it's true in a lot of cases.

Do you really think this was pushed out with such urgency for any other reason?

Wait, you mean a major political party in America took a good idea (voter ID laws) and twisted it to suit their agenda while the other major political party in America turned all their supporters against the idea in its entirety instead of the horrible warped verision offered by their rivals?

You don't say...

How many cases of illegal immagrant voting have you heard about?

How the hell would I hear about it? Some illegal immigrants go vote, get away with it, and then proceed to the nearest television camera?

My opinion, to which I am entitled, is that there should be a law to protect American's with integrity in the voting process. Do you disagree? I also believe we need to do everything we can to ensure every American citizen has the right to vote, once.

Apparently the new reason is that he doesn't want people to know how much he gives to the church.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...bffba6-ed5a-11e1-866f-60a00f604425_story.html

This is the genesis of my new pet theory. The reverse is true: he doesn't want the church to know how much he makes because they can figure out what his tithing SHOULD have been. ;) I bet a yanked temple recommend during election season would suck for ol' Willard.

This is what I've long suspected. He's not dodging income tax. It's the heaven tax he's not paying.

How the hell would I hear about it? Some illegal immigrants go vote, get away with it, and then proceed to the nearest television camera?

We've had people coming the voting rolls for illegal voters, who less than a couple hundred of a ten-year period (and much of thaqt was due to irregularities). We haven't heard of this problem, despite such investigations. Do you support unicorn leash laws?

My opinion, to which I am entitled, is that there should be a law to protect American's with integrity in the voting process. Do you disagree? I also believe we need to do everything we can to ensure every American citizen has the right to vote, once.

I agree with both goals. You are willing to sacrifice the second for the first. I support the second over the first.

We've had people coming the voting rolls for illegal voters, who less than a couple hundred of a ten-year period (and much of thaqt was due to irregularities). We haven't heard of this problem, despite such investigations. Do you support unicorn leash laws?

So, how does coming the voting rolls for illegal voters work?

Are you an illegal immigrant?
No.
Thank you, come again.

I agree with both goals. You are willing to sacrifice the second for the first. I support the second over the first.

Different perspectives. I see you as liking the second and not giving a damn about the first.

So, how does coming the voting rolls for illegal voters work?

I suppose if you are willing to believe in some other things that are without evidence, or even against evidence, illegal immigrant voting is not a big stretch.

Different perspectives. I see you as liking the second and not giving a damn about the first.

Give me evidence the first is in any jeopardy, and I will support measures to protect it from that threat. For example, I support requiring signed paper ballot from all electronic voting machines, ecauset flaws in electronic voting have been demonstrated. Generally, I only support restricting rights when it can be shown there is a legitimate threat.

Why are we even talking about his tax returns when we don't even know he's a citizen? For all we know Romney was born in Kenya.

Lets see his birth certificate first.

Why are we even talking about his tax returns when we don't even know he's a citizen? For all we know Romney was born in Kenya.

Lets see his birth certificate first.

From what I understand, him being white excludes him from the burden of proof that he is American.