What's new

Should The Jazz Target Kevin Porter Jr?

We seem to have lots of options at point guard and undersized shooting guard currently on the roster. Also have lots of options at the 4 and 5. Im hoping if we add anymore to the roster that we add a bigger shooting guard and/or a small forward.
Options? Options?

Our best player on the roster play SF, so I'm not sure what rocks you smoking fish.

I'm just thinking out loud here but, to me if he's moved before the season, he seems like he'd be the "pot sweetener" in a bigger trade, likely a 3+ team trade, like if MIA was trying to get other teams to help them get Dame.

For the Jazz I don't dislike the idea I'm just trying to think who's spot he would take to get minutes. I think if he is traded it'd likely be during the season after HOU settles on a rotation and he is not getting the minutes he wants or deserves.

I would be pretty hesitant to make a move for him. If we had more of a veteran roster then maybe but I don't really want him around our young guys.

I would be pretty hesitant to make a move for him. If we had more of a veteran roster then maybe but I don't really want him around our young guys.

I don’t want him for the simple fact that we’ve got 2-3 players at his position that talent wise is very close and quite a bit less money. But I would have no problem with him around the team otherwise

If he was such a good PG why was the biggest need for Houston PG? They drafted a PG and then brought in the best PG in free agency.

Jazz is still trying to figure out who our PG will be starting the season with a long list of potential starters

Dunn
Clarkson
George
Sexton
THT

are all guys that could be starting at PG next season I do not see a need to bring in another that has the potential of character issues if they do not win the starting job.

Doesn't help that a bunch of those will also be in play at the 2 guard spot with Agbaji.

If he was such a good PG why was the biggest need for Houston PG? They drafted a PG and then brought in the best PG in free agency.

Jazz is still trying to figure out who our PG will be starting the season with a long list of potential starters

Dunn
Clarkson
George
Sexton
THT

are all guys that could be starting at PG next season I do not see a need to bring in another that has the potential of character issues if they do not win the starting job.

Doesn't help that a bunch of those will also be in play at the 2 guard spot with Agbaji.
Their biggest need was vets so they got the vets they could get and they drafted Amen because he was BPA.

I also dont think KPJ is a pure PG, but he's big combo guard who can handle/pass/shoot better than anyone on the Jazz can (currently).

Good thing Kevin Porter JR has + 2guard size and is equal length to many SF's.
Good to know. I dont know much about him and just saw you post that he would be the likely starting PG. which would seem like a logjam situation with tht, george, dunn, and sexton already kicking it on the roster.

Options? Options?

Our best player on the roster play SF, so I'm not sure what rocks you smoking fish.
Weird I have to type this but...... PG: Dunn, george, sexton, tht. Options

I just don’t see why we would need to trade for him. Not much better if at all and I believe he makes much more money. Tell me if wrong on that. Even if he doesn’t. We don’t need him.

There have been 1000 sources about the Jazz and teams not wanting that culture by taking Whitmore. I've posted links to articles multiple times. Tim Bontemps said the Jazz would have no interest in Christian Wood because of bad culture. If he is on the no go list why wouldn't Porter Jr or Whitmore be?

Last edited:
He is worth it for cheap. He is not far off from Haliburton in size and ability. He put up 20-5-5 last year on decent percentages at the age of 22.

There have been 1000 sources about the Jazz and teams not wanting that culture by taking Whitmore. I've posted links to articles multiple times. Tim Bontemps said the Jazz would have no interest in Christian Wood because of bad culture. If he is on the no go list why wouldn't Porter Jr or Whitmore be?

Wood, Whitmore, and Porter Jr are 3 different people

Ya, but Wood and Porter Jr are tied together by their actions. Whitmore's got things going on that kept other teams from taking him in the draft. Different people but similar or associated actions.
I just dont take much seriously from the Houston Rockets. Wood has a pattern of behavior across multiple teams and his reputation hasnt improved a lick.

KPJ at least seems to be trending in the right direction when it comes to maturity and is still young.