What's new

Should The Jazz Target Kevin Porter Jr?

Miles is a much better player… not that what he did was better but as far as nba opportunities go… if you are really good teams will be more likely to give additional chances.

Bridges was on the verge of getting a max contract if he hadn’t had his issues… KP is not anywhere near him as a player. I really think he’s cooked.

really shouldn't be a factor what kind of player you are. Any piece of filth that does that to a woman shouldn't get another chance

What Douchebag said. These organisations bang on about culture, community, role models and yet the NBA lets a bloke who beat his wife to a pulp in front of their children back into the league. I'm sorry but **** off, players in the 80s got year long bans and life bans for testing positive to coke, a drug you can guarantee half the front 4 rows of an NBA game are on, bash a woman or the mother of your children? No issue.

really shouldn't be a factor what kind of player you are. Any piece of filth that does that to a woman shouldn't get another chance
I agree but nba teams will give more chances to better players.

What Douchebag said. These organisations bang on about culture, community, role models and yet the NBA lets a bloke who beat his wife to a pulp in front of their children back into the league. I'm sorry but **** off, players in the 80s got year long bans and life bans for testing positive to coke, a drug you can guarantee half the front 4 rows of an NBA game are on, bash a woman or the mother of your children? No issue.
I agree but was just stating how nba teams work with this stuff. Not giving my opinion on how it should work or saying Bridges should get a chance.

I try hard to convince myself that I believe in redemption, that I believe in forgiveness, that the whole business of it isn't just a self-serving racket. About half the time I can convince myself of the necessity of it all. The other half I just can't.

Part of it is that redemption/change arcs just tend to seem awfully opportunistic. I'm sure Bridges regrets what is probably a couple of hundred millions he missed out on, but I also know he definitely doesn't want to miss out on the 8 million he's due to make now that he's "reinstated" or whatever.

If I am to believe a redemption narrative, then I need to see tangible things. It's been 15+ years and I'm willing to believe when Tim Hardaway says he's changed because of the work he seems to have put in. One thing I really appreciate is that he's always willing to talk about it. Even around the time he was inducted in the HoF, he would answer all and any questions in interviews about his homophobic remarks, the fallout, the journey it took him on. It's also worth pointing out that his counselling and his work with LGBTQ organizations did not take two months. It took years for him to get to a place opposite of where he was in 2007.

Miles Bridges was apparently redeemed in a year. I'm sure Morant will be redeemed by the end of this year. Forgive me for being just a little bit skeptical here. Bridges and Morant are public figures and they've chosen to be such. I don't think it's horribly unfair that I ask for some of this redemption process to also be public, especially since the point of it all is that they'd like to remain public figures. If Bridges decided that he was done with basketball and went off to do whatever else away from the limelight, then sure, I don't care about what he's learned. If he wants me to believe that he's anything more than a piece-of-sh*t abuser, then let's see what's going on here.

When the Hornets gave him a QO this summer, there was a half-hearted apology of the AI-written variety published, but that was it. I am convinced he's not going to speak about this publicly, and the Hornets will probably not let journalists ask him questions about it. All under the guise of moving on and being here to talk about basketball, of course. Bare minimum of standards. I wanna hear him talk about this. I wanna see him do things. One of the good things about all the work Tim Hardaway has done is that he's both a former NBA great and the guy who launched a public tirade against gay NBA players and the LGBTQ population in general. Fame and notoriety provide a much taller pulpit than you would get otherwise. Use your damn position to speak because more people will listen. I get that it's not easy. Bridges volunteering at a women's shelter would be more than a little uncomfortable for everyone involved, but that's what journey to redemption should look like.

If it's possible. Maybe people are simply what they do and that's it.

Yeah, like Porter, a 23 year old who just put up 20-6-5. If you don't think a team will throw him a minimum after his suspension is over you are being delusional.
I’m fine being delusional then lol. Maybe this young man will figure **** out but this isn’t strike one. He seems deeply troubled on top of this incident.

Unfortunately Bridges and now KPJ have committed their crimes in places that have soft on crime district attorneys so instead of facing real jail time they will get off with a slap on the wrist. The fact that Bridges isn't sitting in prison right now is just disgusting.

Unfortunately Bridges and now KPJ have committed their crimes in places that have soft on crime district attorneys so instead of facing real jail time they will get off with a slap on the wrist. The fact that Bridges isn't sitting in prison right now is just disgusting.
The person Bridges abused doesnt even want him in jail. It's not going to happen. These people have money. Doesnt matter what state it took place in.

Oh well that changes everything then… he should definitely not do any time then. (All sarcasm for those that don’t always catch it)
Who's going to charge him? You can be sarcastic all you want, but there is a legitimate discussion to if you are hurting the wife/child more by locking up their source of income if they think there is an alternative way to rehabilitate him. She made the decision not to press charges further.

Who's going to charge him? You can be sarcastic all you want, but there is a legitimate discussion to if you are hurting the wife/child more by locking up their source of income if they think there is an alternative way to rehabilitate him. She made the decision not to press charges further.
I mean in many cases people who are abused go back to their abuser... and get abused again... it is not surprising an abused person would get talked into dropping charges... even when it isn't about finances. It doesn't negate the need for some consequences. Maybe Miles doesn't need extreme consequences to rehab or maybe jail ain't the best place to rehab or realize how wrong he was... but finances isn't a great reason to allow a guy to get light treatment.

I mean in many cases people who are abused go back to their abuser... and get abused again... it is not surprising an abused person would get talked into dropping charges... even when it isn't about finances. It doesn't negate the need for some consequences. Maybe Miles doesn't need extreme consequences to rehab or maybe jail ain't the best place to rehab or realize how wrong he was... but finances isn't a great reason to allow a guy to get light treatment.
At the end of the day we have no way of knowing what level of coercion/manipulation is involved. It's a weird grey area were it's hard to say what is the best course of action for all parties.

I agree there needa to be some level of legal consequences, but when you're rich it's always just going to be financial consequences to pay to get out of it. Broken system.

At the end of the day we have no way of knowing what level of coercion/manipulation is involved. It's a weird grey area were it's hard to say what is the best course of action for all parties.

It's not a gray area at all. I have no idea why US law works that way, but it's stupid. Here in Canada, the Crown presses criminal charges. It's not up to you as the victim to decide whether charges proceed or not.

Miles Bridges work:

Broken nose, wrist, torn ear drum, torn neck muscles. Probably just one incident out of many. This ****er should be in jail. A minimum 2-year suspension from the NBA.

1694540769976.png

Last edited:
And he got out on bail today.

Broken nose, wrist, vertebrae, and there's still no noise from the NBA or the rockets.

He's also rammed his car into her and a bunch of other things in the past. Dude needs jail time now and a ban from the NBA immediately.