What's new

Should The Jazz Target Kevin Porter Jr?

Yeah, now. I don't think he had any prior history of DV. But violence against women is the #1 thing sports team will give you grace for. The Jazz employed a child rapist for 19 years as the face of their franchise.

Nobody beats a women like that the first time mate.

And has a single NBA player said anything about the situation? It's just so easy for teams to bring in dudes like this after the smoke blows over.
Does it matter that they haven't said anything? The problem with KP jr. is the smoke might blow over from this but his *** out there setting more fires as we speak. Its not his first or second or third issue/red flag.

Coming back from this would require at least a year off.. maybe two somewhere in another league where he keeps his nose clean for a couple years. Without an NBA team supervising and protecting him. It ain't happening.

Nobody beats a women like that the first time mate.
He apparently ran his car into hers another time. He's a deeply troubled dude... I can't see an nba team looking at this on top of his other **** and taking a chance.

I predict no NBA team will touch KPJ with a ten foot pole now. The teams like selling tickets to games and if no women will purchase tickets if he's on the roster it's a very easy decision to make.

Does it matter that they haven't said anything? The problem with KP jr. is the smoke might blow over from this but his *** out there setting more fires as we speak. Its not his first or second or third issue/red flag.

Coming back from this would require at least a year off.. maybe two somewhere in another league where he keeps his nose clean for a couple years. Without an NBA team supervising and protecting him. It ain't happening.
I think it does. If you want a league that takes a hard stance on DV then you need players to support it. More players came out in support of Bridges than criticized him

What a ****** look. This human is wrecking his life and another person's life... the response... we are trying to use his contract to help our basketball team.

I believe he can be waived pre-season and only paid $3M over the remainder of his season... if he is moved he might have to have this year guaranteed (think he'd get suspended and fined to oblivion so wouldn't actually see that $$$).

Just waive his *** and move on.

What a ****** look. This human is wrecking his life and another person's life... the response... we are trying to use his contract to help our basketball team.

I believe he can be waived pre-season and only paid $3M over the remainder of his season... if he is moved he might have to have this year guaranteed (think he'd get suspended and fined to oblivion so wouldn't actually see that $$$).

Just waive his *** and move on.
Otoh nba was quick to fine and suspend Myles lenard $50,000 for his racial slur while playing a video game. He did came back after 2 years tho

View: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1702396724210266128

LOL... imagine DA taking that call.

So definitely at least one pick for the optics of trading for KP, some value for taking on the guaranteed portion of the deal even though we are going to wait for suspension to save some money, we will need some additional value for the player we are providing as well....

So KP for KO and like 2 unprotected firsts?

View: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1702396724210266128

LOL... imagine DA taking that call.

So definitely at least one pick for the optics of trading for KP, some value for taking on the guaranteed portion of the deal even though we are going to wait for suspension to save some money, we will need some additional value for the player we are providing as well....

So KP for KO and like 2 unprotected firsts?

Yes, though I was thinking maybe you could do John Collins and squeeze three picks.

Yes, though I was thinking maybe you could do John Collins and squeeze three picks.
Yeah I don't know. I can't see Ryan buying into this one... and I doubt they are really selling off firsts. I just can't imagine even the biggest draft pick value whore GM saying "5 seconds for taking KP Jr's contract". They are almost certainly offering second rounders and it would just be too hilarious to see Ainge get a bunch of seconds in a deal like this... after clearly not giving one eff about second round picks for the last year. Its just gross for the Rockets and whatever teams come to the table.

Yeah I don't know. I can't see Ryan buying into this one... and I doubt they are really selling off firsts. I just can't imagine even the biggest draft pick value whore GM saying "5 seconds for taking KP Jr's contract". They are almost certainly offering second rounders and it would just be too hilarious to see Ainge get a bunch of seconds in a deal like this... after clearly not giving one eff about second round picks for the last year. Its just gross for the Rockets and whatever teams come to the table.
It makes no sense from the Rockets’ standpoint. You save as much (more?) face by just waiving him rather than burning assets.

It makes no sense from the Rockets’ standpoint. You save as much (more?) face by just waiving him rather than burning assets.
They owe their pick to OKC so they want to be good. They are using him as a cap exception to find a player that can help them win and are selling financial relief to the acquiring team. Waiving him means they can't trade his contract.

They owe their pick to OKC so they want to be good. They are using him as a cap exception to find a player that can help them win and are selling financial relief to the acquiring team. Waiving him means they can't trade his contract.
THT.

I would only trade for KPJ if you could waive him immediately. I think Sexton wants to start. If Houston ponies up some nice draft capital it gets tempting.

I would only trade for KPJ if you could waive him immediately. I think Sexton wants to start. If Houston ponies up some nice draft capital it gets tempting.
KP getting waived by Houston or whoever acquires him. He won’t play this year.

Back