What's new

Sixers at Jazz Game Thread: Monday 3/14/11 7:00 MDT

If they would have lost that game, I'm not sure they would win another this year. I hope they learned that shooting quick jump shots to get their stats while up double digits is not going to win the game. Also, at the end of a half when you have a three on one fast break, don't give it to Raja! It's hard to say that a play in the first half almost cost them the game, but that play almost cost them the game.

Glad AK played well for overtime, 'cause he was absolute garbage for three and a half quarters. He's looked absolutely terrible lately. Wonder if that Denver game's still in his head.

Glad AK played well for overtime, 'cause he was absolute garbage for three and a half quarters. He's looked absolutely terrible lately. Wonder if that Denver game's still in his head.

I'm blaming his back. Or his calf. Or his ankle. Or whatever the latest injury is.

Well defensively I thought he was okay to good the whole game but shooting wise yes he was pretty horrible, until late 4th & OT.

Well defensively I thought he was okay to good the whole game but shooting wise yes he was pretty horrible, until late 4th & OT.

LOL - I don't know if anyone caught this; but in the third AK threw up his 5th or 6th missed jumper in a row. When he was spotting up to shoot Favors quickly stepped three or four steps away from the hoop; I can only guess in anticipation of yet another brick

it must seem strange to a fan to see someone getting in position for a rebound.
most players don't understand proper positioning, let alone the fans

in reponse to tator, ak had a steal in regulation that was one of the biggest plays of the game.
also, he does a lot of good things many people don't notice because they don't show up in a stat sheet, like bothering shot attempts.
yes , he missed some shots, but then hit 2 3s late.
it's not like he went 2 for 12 like some guys will do, and it's good that he still had the confidence to shoot the ball. I'm sure you would like to have stomped on his confidence to shoot during the game if you could have.
Hopefully he'll read your posts and be scared to shoot the ball next game, right?

Love you guys.

Go team.

of course, he gets whacked in the face on the put back, looks like he took quite a hit.
Didn't even shoot foul shots on that , did he?
how often does that happen? I've seen it over and over, and the fans don't even notice or care, unless maybe, maybe... if it's Millsap or Jefferson.
Let's bitch about the players, even though they take hits in the face night in and night out , and can't even get a call from the f'n nba refs for it, even when they still manage to win the game.

oh yea, the put back. that's 4 AK plays I mentioned, any one of which the game would have been lost without, and there were more. but let's complain about AK more, after the win.

in reponse to tator, ak had a steal in regulation that was one of the biggest plays of the game.
also, he does a lot of good things many people don't notice because they don't show up in a stat sheet, like bothering shot attempts.
yes , he missed some shots, but then hit 2 3s late.
it's not like he went 2 for 12 like some guys will do, and it's good that he still had the confidence to shoot the ball. I'm sure you would like to have stomped on his confidence to shoot during the game if you could have.
Hopefully he'll read your posts and be scared to shoot the ball next game, right?

Love you guys.

Go team.

No one loves AK more than I do.

About all he did good prior to the fourth quarter was set screens and run from side to side of the court. And that's been about all he's done for the last two games. He looked pretty brilliant for stretches before the injury, so let's hope that the OT put him back on the right track, because this team is utterly abysmal without him playing well.