What's new

SLC Summer League Game 3: Jazz v. Spurs

Gino from SA was the 57th or 58th pick and he is in the HOF. The Jazz FO thought enough about all three guys to draft them. They put down a couple of million to buy pics so how about Locke relax and realize that Jazz fans can see that all three have talent but need to develop. No one is putting them in the HOF.

Personally, I think all three deserve to stick with the JAzz and play for the Stars. Jazz roster is full so I am ok with not adding anymore guys and putting a couple of these guys on 2 ways and one on the roster.

KK is so ****ing awkward, Jesus. I thought we got rid of that **** with Steven. Miss you bb.

I'm okay with doing the last roster spot for Brantley and doing two-ways for the other two if they'll sign on. I'm a fan of having some talent in the pipe.

I would invite you to go back and read that draft thread. Pretty sure many on this board thought a 50 pick was life or death. Most were disappointed in Brantley as the pick.

I admit that was me. I mean I knew Brantley on the low end would have a 10-yr NBA career, but I thought his peak would be Millsap-esq with only 3 or 4 all-star appearances. JWF on the other hand will likely redefine the pg position much like Allen Iverson and more recently Steph Curry. And i thought Onyi had a chance to be cross between Scottie Pippen with better defensive skills and Reggie Miller with ability to drive to the hoop and finish.
So yes I was dissapointed in Brantley at 50, jazz were just fortunate the other two slipped .

As for unrealistic expectations and David Locke. He is probably just tempering expectations because these three are unlikley to step in right away and contribute at a high level. We will probably have to be patient with them for the first week or two of the regular season.