What's new

So safe to say Dante's a bust?

Imagine if Exum goes to Dleague and sucks and enters his contract year still out of the rotation. He wouldn't get many offers in RFA.

Anybody who thinks Exum won't get a good offer has their head in the hole.It could easily be said that Exum is a thorough bread stuck in a slow down system that doesn't bring out the best in his game .Teams that want to run won't look away from Exum but see speed and length and encourage him to open his game up and NOT FORCE him to shoot 3 pt shots which isn't his game.

Definitely not a bust. Has elite speed, plays good D and contributes on a team where he has to compete with two other point guards for minutes. If he's a bust at 21, and still getting minutes on a winning team, he must have set some kind of record.

Ya, obviously too early. But things aren't looking great for him.

then again.....some players develop and some don't...

it's just the nature of the NBA.

Player's picked high sometimes JUST don't panout the way we with them to. Just look through the draft classes and look at the players chosen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NBA_draft

it's the nature of the game, and maybe Exum will break through or maybe he'll just be what he has been. You can't exactly tell yet, but **** happens. You don't always geta Lebron James or Michael Jordan. OR A KD or a westbrook.

Anybody who thinks Exum won't get a good offer has their head in the hole.It could easily be said that Exum is a thorough bread stuck in a slow down system that doesn't bring out the best in his game .Teams that want to run won't look away from Exum but see speed and length and encourage him to open his game up and NOT FORCE him to shoot 3 pt shots which isn't his game.

If you cant shoot and you cant dribble as a PG then you arent going to get very good offers. It's RFA, you have to overpay to get a player and I doubt anyone is going to overpay for Exum, especially in a scenario where he goes to the D-League and performs poorly and follows that up with a similar 4th season as what he is doing now.

ALSO, no one is forcing him to take 3's. Look at any other good perimeter player who can't shoot 3's. Their answer when they get the ball at the 3pt line isnt always to spot-up. You can do other things, like drive the ball, especially when the offense is still early in the clock. Exum's game is so rudimentary though he has no idea what to do other than shoot. He stalls our offense out badly. He needs D-League time but I'm nearly 100% certain his agent won't allow it because of the potential scenario I explained in the paragraph above.

Well, in this case we're talking about a player who was always going to be a several year project, 3 months into coming back from a severe injury.

So yeah, anyone calling him a bust at this point is an idiot.

Maybe a several year project to become a superstar.

I don't think anybody drafts a guy 4th overall if it's going to be a several year project just to get the guy to be consistently playable.

I would like to cast my vote for Dante being a bust. The dude just seems scared EVERY time he is on the court.

So many emotional fans here. Not enough logical thinkers. So those emotional fans revert to name calling which is just the nature of the not in tune fans on this site. So y'all just keep hoping exum starts to live up to his top 5 draft position with DNPs in favor of scrubs. I like Exum, but he is much closer to being a bust than you emotional fans care to realize.

So many emotional fans here. Not enough logical thinkers.

Neuro scientists insist that all opinions and decisions are made from the emotional core of the brain. Our intellect merely observes, and does none of the thinking or decision making.

So there is no such thing as a "logical thinker" or an "intelligent decision". All thinking is emotional, and all decisions (no matter how much logic is involved) are emotional.

Hence the OP.

So many emotional fans here. Not enough logical thinkers. So those emotional fans revert to name calling which is just the nature of the not in tune fans on this site. So y'all just keep hoping exum starts to live up to his top 5 draft position with DNPs in favor of scrubs. I like Exum, but he is much closer to being a bust than you emotional fans care to realize.

Seems you're being "emotional" on the other end of the spectrum, no?

Seems you're being "emotional" on the other end of the spectrum, no?
No. He is logical. Because its plain to see that Dante Sucks. This is isnt Dante's rookie year, or even his 2nd year, and he still sucks. You expect to see some glimpses of hope in even a player's rookie year if they are going to be good. All we see is a player who sucks. Can't shoot, cant dribble, cant play. Period. THOSE ARE NOT GOOD INDICATORS. This isn't hard to figure out. If he was on any other team 99.99999999% of the people here would have no problem saying h is a bust. But since people want to cling to hope because they are Jazz Fanz, we have 80% of people saying he isn't a bust, or too early to tell. Its dumb. Its called having your blinders on.

Bust
Bust
Bust
Bust
Bust
Bust
Bust

Dude us ****ing bust. He is a scare little bitch who doesn't belong in the NBA. It was an awful pick.

Fans will always be judgmental, optimistic, pessimistic, stupid, smart, and better than the actual coaches and general managers assigned with the task of developing a player. Dante is not NBA ready to compete at a high level consistently. Doesn't take an IQ above room temperature to see this and proclaim it. There is not one player I can think of in history that has had as little experience as he has against NBA talent that was ready at this point. He was just starting to become an adequate player when the injury happened. Physically, he is ready, mentally, he is not. Also, his leash is short, compounding the mental uneasiness. Success at the NBA level is %90 mental. Stop calling him a bust. It's better for the current Jazz that he doesn't play, it is not better for Dante. He will come around and be a good player; if he's still what he is now at 23, naysayers might be correct. Calling him a bust just because of where he was picked is ignorant.

Hassan Whiteside was considered a huge bust in Sac, was out of the league completely then came back and got a max contract after a really good year last year. Way to early to write of a 21 year old with good raw ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neuro scientists insist that all opinions and decisions are made from the emotional core of the brain. Our intellect merely observes, and does none of the thinking or decision making.

So there is no such thing as a "logical thinker" or an "intelligent decision". All thinking is emotional, and all decisions (no matter how much logic is involved) are emotional.

Hence the OP.

Do you have a source?

Hassan Whiteside was considered a huge bust in Sac, was out of the league completely then came back and got a max contract after a really good year last year. Way to early to write of a 21 year old with good raw ability.

On the other hand, 1000s of other players sucked, then they continued to suck.

What is this raw ability you speak of. It isn't like Dante is this freak athlete

Last edited:

He went late in the draft because he's dumb and immature. Dante is smart. Raw ability is like what Wiggins has Dante has some physical tools but is lacking skills... like all of them. If he were more explosive I'd agree with raw ability. He's fast but basically ground bound.

If dante was drafted in the 20s would he have anyone that thought he was a potential all star? Swing and a miss... don't compound the mistake by doubling down and being married to it.

Back