What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

Hopefully Donovan has a better bounce back than Ben, Jeez.

Going back and looking over those last few mistakes -- from failing to hold the rebound, to running over Embiid instead of setting a screen (leading to the turnover at the end of regulation), to missing the WIDE OPEN DUNK -- Ben really just tanked their season, almost single-handedly. If he had played even just neutrally well in any of those scenarios, the 6ers don't lose. Not a great way to end the year.

It may be stupid but it's true, unless someone who is developmentally disabled has been taught it's a demeaning term, which actually gets to my point about the power of words. Anyway, I do try to respect people's feelings in the language I use.

Hopefully Donovan has a better bounce back than Ben, Jeez.

Going back and looking over those last few mistakes -- from failing to hold the rebound, to running over Embiid instead of setting a screen (leading to the turnover at the end of regulation), to missing the WIDE OPEN DUNK -- Ben really just tanked their season, almost single-handedly. If he had played even just neutrally well in any of those scenarios, the 6ers don't lose. Not a great way to end the year.

Yep. True in isolation.
But the more I watch that team, the more I believe Simmons is the key to it all moving forward i.e. getting a servicable jumper, making less TOs, making the right play in the crunch (largely by not being petrified of the ft line)
Embiid was allowed to get his and he runs out of gas. His 3 pt chucking is gross.

I am intrigued what they think their squad should look like moving forward. I hope it doesn't involve Lebron.

If Ben doesn't get a jumper, he will continue to struggle in the playoffs. Teams just play off him daring him to shoot it from outside.

I have watched very little of Simmons this year, can someone tell me is that how he is used in the last 5 minutes of games? As in, not used at all as in last nights game? That's the ROTY, a guy who is a liability at the end of games? I am not talking about his mistakes and turnovers, I am talking about the fact that he was asked to just hand the ball off very early in the shot clock and then be a bystander. WTH?

Mtchell had another bad shooting night, 8/24 field goals. He simply missed too many easy layups and got blocked too many times under the basket. Simply too short at 6'1.

Mtchell had another bad shooting night, 8/24 field goals. He simply missed too many easy layups and got blocked too many times under the basket. Simply too short at 6'1.

simmons too tall to shoot 3 and choke passing the ball inside

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

you have to agree mitchell's poor shooting in the last 2 matches, 4/16 and 8/24, probably costed Jazz these 2 matches. Simply awful shooting.
No, Mitchell was not the reason we lost. Playing out of position has hurt him some and made him a little less as good but he isn't the reason we lost tonight.

you have to agree mitchell's poor shooting in the last 2 matches, 4/16 and 8/24, probably costed Jazz these 2 matches. Simply awful shooting.

dude. do you even know basketball? how it works? it’s not his fault that we lost. harden shot horrible agaisnt twolves once and still won. simmons will shot bad and still win sometimes. holy ****. i m talking to a wall. I give up

dude. do you even know basketball? how it works? it’s not his fault that we lost. harden shot horrible agaisnt twolves once and still won. simmons will shot bad and still win sometimes. holy ****. i m talking to a wall. I give up

No I did not say it was all mitchell's fault, but his poor
shooting was a contributing factor.
so why did we lose tonight? Rudy was Rubbish? Synder's poor coaching? Poor referreing ? Or Chris paaul and Harden were simply too good?