What's new

Speculation: Did the Jazz leak the rumor...

Offer Conley and O Neale for Simmons
Moneywise that works
Keep Ingles to babysit Simmons
Simmons starting PG
Hughes or House starts for Royce
Philly would clearly need more. I would go with Conley, Clarkson and a top 5 protected first for Simmons.

Philly is a legit contender with this deal. They are having a good season without Simmons, and adding those two gives them fantastic postseason depth.

We would go with:
Don
Simmons
Joe
Bojan
Rudy

Royce off the bench kind of early. Play Simmons whenever Rudy sits.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Bogey and Ingles will never get a shot up as their defenders would be glued to them. And Don will be forever double teamed leaving Simmons open at the 3pt line. When it matters in clutch time, thats what will happen.

Just doesnt work with Gobert

I think the idea of Simmons is super intriguing. I think the reality of Simon is something else entirely. Since college the word on him has been he doesn’t seem too really enjoy basketball. I think that is a major problem. Plus, if our current problem is choking in the playoffs turning to Simmons to solve that is a peculiar move.
But if we’re lock down, with the highest point differential in the playoffs it’s less of a factor. Also. if need be we have shooters to sub out for him down the stretch. Truthfully Simmons percentages are not that awful and regarding the yips, Markell Fultz’ problem was much worse and corrected with a trade and a new perspective.

Last edited:
Offer Conley and O Neale for Simmons
Moneywise that works
Keep Ingles to babysit Simmons
Simmons starting PG
Hughes or House starts for Royce
I thought about that as well, I mean from interviews I guess they’re fairly tight or at least they have a lot of respect for each other. Just gotta hope that ingles woes are just slump or injury related and not just age or he becomes an expensive babysitter IMO.

So Simmons and Gobert on the court together is a good idea all of a sudden?
Yes, because unlike Embiid, Gobert is a low usage player. There are no post ups to double and PnRs can be deadly between them because Simmons has size and is also a great passer.

His fit with Donovan would be more of an issue but Jazz could run slip screens between them or handoffs to keep them both engaged in a play. They would also be staggered.

Philly would clearly need more. I would go with Conley, Clarkson and a top 5 protected first for Simmons.

Philly is a legit contender with this deal. They are having a good season without Simmons, and adding those two gives them fantastic postseason depth.

We would go with:
Don
Simmons
Joe
Bojan
Rudy

Royce off the bench kind of early. Play Simmons whenever Rudy sits.

Yeah, I think we win the sweepstakes with that combination but as erratic and often maligned as he is, I hate losing our instant offense. Another deal that works on paper creating a bit of a trade exception for Philly is Mike, Gay and Dok for Simmons and end of the bench guys that play the same positions (Reed and Bassey).

Bogey and Ingles will never get a shot up as their defenders would be glued to them. And Don will be forever double teamed leaving Simmons open at the 3pt line. When it matters in clutch time, thats what will happen.

Just doesnt work with Gobert
In crunch time, Royce is in for Rudy. Crunch time is when teams go small.