What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Speculation: Did the Jazz leak the rumor...

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
...that Donovan is itching to play in a larger market? I have seen this a TON recently, and it is spreading through the interwebs. I almost never click on the articles, the headline is enough to tell me what it is about, so I doubt it is targeted other than I do read articles about DM. Anyone else seeing this all over the place?

If they are planning on a trade is this a way to imply he "asked" for a trade? What if that is the trade deadline move we are anticipating? What could we possibly get for Mitchell?

KqWIN

Let’s say the Jazz want to trade Mitchell. Do you think they gauge interest through private channels, or announce to everyone in the world that the guy they want to trade is going to leave anyways.

Take a second to think about things lmao.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
This has been a rumor for a while. I doubt it's the Jazz. I doubt it's "real". It's just speculation.
It started with Windy… it’s honestly just him saying ****… it’s very likely right… would you rather play in Utah or LA or NY or Miami? I grew up there and left for NorCal. It’s like me speculating that Windy likes donuts… it’s likely true but based loosely on facts.

He won’t be here forever… if Ryan is acting accordingly he’s dumb AF. You try to extend him in two years or whatever… and if he won’t extend you move him for maximum value. Once we get past 2024 we own our picks and it’s easier to rebuild. Rudy and Don are not Stockton and Malone. They will play for another team someday.

oneye

2018 Award Winner
...that Donovan is itching to play in a larger market? I have seen this a TON recently, and it is spreading through the interwebs. I almost never click on the articles, the headline is enough to tell me what it is about, so I doubt it is targeted other than I do read articles about DM. Anyone else seeing this all over the place?

If they are planning on a trade is this a way to imply he "asked" for a trade? What if that is the trade deadline move we are anticipating? What could we possibly get for Mitchell?
Again, I have my very strong opinions on the subject, but the 20 articles you’re seeing are from that same comment MacMahon made on Windhorst podcast. All the little NBA tabloid sites just write their own article off that same 20 second clip of a comment. I wish the Jazz would, but no the Jazz are not trying to trade Donovan. They’re trying desperately to keep him. Do you really think a year ago they fired their head medical trainer, hired multiple coaches that are friends with him, brought in DWade, etc. just to then trade the guy they did all that for? They kiss the dudes *** at every turn.

oneye

2018 Award Winner
It started with Windy… it’s honestly just him saying ****… it’s very likely right… would you rather play in Utah or LA or NY or Miami? I grew up there and left for NorCal. It’s like me speculating that Windy likes donuts… it’s likely true but based loosely on facts.

He won’t be here forever… if Ryan is acting accordingly he’s dumb AF. You try to extend him in two years or whatever… and if he won’t extend you move him for maximum value. Once we get past 2024 we own our picks and it’s easier to rebuild. Rudy and Don are not Stockton and Malone. They will play for another team someday.
Rudy is, but correct Donovan is not.

Hekate

Every small market team goes through these speculations. The circumstances don't matter, it's just clickbait for big market casuals. They read stuff like Westbrook and a pick for Trae Young and think that's feasible.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
People have been saying this about Damian Lillard for years. Now that they're saying it about Donovan, it just means he's reaching that level of stardom. Give it 10 minutes and ESPN will be saying the same thing about Ja Morant.

I mean, sure, why wouldn't Donovan want to be in NY or LA?

KqWIN

Oneye may be delusional, but I also think you’re a little delusional if you don’t think Mitchell will want to move on at some point. There’s no point in dissecting the rumors. You don’t need a rumor to figure this stuff out. Very few players stay with one franchise, especially nowadays. Mitchell is a big city kid who loves the lights. Nothing wrong with that at all. But gotta be realistic about this whole thing.

Saint Cy of JFC

Oneye may be delusional, but I also think you’re a little delusional if you don’t think Mitchell will want to move on at some point. There’s no point in dissecting the rumors. You don’t need a rumor to figure this stuff out. Very few players stay with one franchise, especially nowadays. Mitchell is a big city kid who loves the lights. Nothing wrong with that at all. But gotta be realistic about this whole thing.
The only thing that will keep Mitchell here is winning championships. That's the way the NBA has always been outside for a few rare exceptions.