What's new

Spida45 (agree or disagree with this breakdown)?

How is him not playing games a good thing?

He missed all of that experience yet he's still showing signs of being a stud, that was my main point. He also has less wear and tear on his body because of missing two seasons plus skipping college which could account for something long term. Would rather have had no injuries of course but think of all the wear that comes within a full season.

I would have agreed with this a couple of months ago, but Exum's play those last two weeks changes everything. We'd be crazy to get rid of him. He's a totally different player now in terms of aggression and he's only 23.
My sarcasm meter is malfunctioning.

Wasn't comparing... just saying 5-10 game samples ain't enough. Ricky can be fire for 20-25 games... doesn't mean that is who he is. I'm hopeful... it's the "we'd be crazy to trade him" I took issue with. There is just as much chance he is not worth his contract as there is that he will be good.
This is exactly right. This is why I compare him to CJ Miles. Both had those stints where they looked like legit players, both avoided college, both made lots of fans really excited. I see Ex on this same trajectory. Hopefully he ticks solidly up where CJ stayed flat. But right now I wouldn't pass up a known quantity contributor in the hope that maybe, if he stays healthy, Ex becomes the PG we need someday.

I saw this video in my YouTube suggested video’s, but never bothered to watch, because I didn’t need to watch the video to know if Mitchell was the next Wade or Wiggins, and still refuse to click on it. The fact that you would turn this into a jazzfanz discussion is ****ing ridiculous and insane that you think it’s worth discussing who he resembles more. This whole thread is offensive to me. Had you not complimented the video and ridiculed it, but no, you didn’t do that, that makes you worse than the dumb **** that posted the video.

Go make like an ostrich and put your head in a hole in utter shame!!!
To be fair he didn't talk about Wiggins or Wade in the video. It was really just a breakdown of Donovans game; I think he just titled it that for clicks.

A lot of it is accurate but I had to roll my eyes at this part:

Yeah. What does the guy expect? For him to stop PFs driving to the rim 1-on-1 when he's not even guarding the guy on a switch?

And the thumbnail text is simply clickbait. If Mitchell was the 1st pick it'd still be a stretch. Wiggins is not at all comparable to Mitchell and Wiggins plays a different game from Mitchell and Wade - and the Wade comparisons and strengths/weaknesses with Mitchell are accurate as most of us know.

This is exactly right. This is why I compare him to CJ Miles. Both had those stints where they looked like legit players, both avoided college, both made lots of fans really excited. I see Ex on this same trajectory. Hopefully he ticks solidly up where CJ stayed flat. But right now I wouldn't pass up a known quantity contributor in the hope that maybe, if he stays healthy, Ex becomes the PG we need someday.
CJ lacked consistency. He did show signs. Exum has been hurt and lacking some consistency on offense. He has always been a good defender since his rookie year pretty consistently. Being good at 50% of the game and inconsistent on the other 50% is pretty solid for a young player.

CJ lacked consistency. He did show signs. Exum has been hurt and lacking some consistency on offense. He has always been a good defender since his rookie year pretty consistently. Being good at 50% of the game and inconsistent on the other 50% is pretty solid for a young player.

Then factor in that only recently has he been(allowed) attacking the paint with any regularity. He has a lot of improvement to come.