What's new

STAYWARD

I like the idea of DL at Haywards house saying "watch this" and working out a trade for Love with Hayward sitting right there.

"Now sign on the dotted line ****er"

IMO, Jazz can afford to lose Exum more than Hood. Rubio and Exum have similar strengths. Neither is the shooter that Rodney Hood has the potential to become. I like Hood starting over Jingles, and Mitchell as a combo guard is the wildcard. If they did trade Exum, I'd probably trade Diaw to the Raptors and rent Cory Joseph for a year. Huge upgrade over Mack IMO.

Hood is more likely to get a stupid offer next year. I'd prefer to keep him, but he's a big risk to have to match an over pay. I'd bet on Hood being traded before Exum, especially if they are taking on Love's contract. They will almost certainly be tax payers, and not likely to be throwing major cash at Hood next year.

I like the idea of DL at Haywards house saying "watch this" and working out a trade for Love with Hayward sitting right there.

"Now sign on the dotted line ****er"
I've been thinking the same thing. I just hope that Rudy would leak all the details in a long string of tweets that tweak the Celtics, Heat, Knicks and Cavs. What the hell? Might as well make the Jazz the Eastern Conference public enemy #1.

Apologies... I see it now.

To clarify -- ESPN reports that New York "would need a 3rd team" to take Kevin Love. It's not clear how actively this is happening.

There were rumors of Carmelo to Cleveland, and Carmelo just waived his no-trade clause if his destination is Cleveland or Houston. New York does want to trade him to one of those destinations, but they want something meaningful in return. This is why they refused to buy Carmelo out.

If the Jazz step in and offer Favors and a pick to New York, plus something to Cleveland, I think they could make the deal happen. It could mean sending Favors to NY and Hood to Cleveland, but Cleveland can't take much salary. They're way over the cap. The Jazz could possibly include Diaw's deal and take something small back from either team. Jazz will be over the luxury tax and will need to dump Burks by the trade deadline.

Hood is more likely to get a stupid offer next year. I'd prefer to keep him, but he's a big risk to have to match an over pay. I'd bet on Hood being traded before Exum, especially if they are taking on Love's contract. They will be tax payers for then, and not likely to be throwing major cash at Hood next year.
I think they'd just extend him right now and have the whole starting group locked up. DL traded for Rubio, Hill and extends Hayward and Hood all in the span of 3 days. They could make a documentary and it would be must-see TV.

IMO, Jazz can afford to lose Exum more than Hood.

Everyone would prefer Hood over Exum, regardless of fit. That includes other teams trading core players. Also, how on earth do you pay Hood if you have Love, Hayward, Gobert, Rubio, and Ingles?

Jazz would move Hood and Favors for Love because it consolidates two players who need to be paid in a year for one player who is under contract for 2 years.

I'm just picturing Hayward and company with deal already agreed upon. They are eating some food and are kicking back relaxing. Gordo has started up a crazy FIFA tournament with Ricky, Rudy, Gail and himself.

To clarify -- ESPN reports that New York "would need a 3rd team" to take Kevin Love. It's not clear how actively this is happening.

There were rumors of Carmelo to Cleveland, and Carmelo just waived his no-trade clause if his destination is Cleveland or Houston. New York does want to trade him to one of those destinations, but they want something meaningful in return. This is why they refused to buy Carmelo out.

If the Jazz step in and offer Favors and a pick to New York, plus something to Cleveland, I think they could make the deal happen. It could mean sending Favors to NY and Hood to Cleveland, but Cleveland can't take much salary. They're way over the cap. The Jazz could possibly include Diaw's deal and take something small back from either team. Jazz will be over the luxury tax and will need to dump Burks by the trade deadline.

I have a hard time seeing Hood being at the meeting in San Diego and then getting traded. Regardless of why they're in Salt Lake, I just see Favors and Exum as being more expendable. Of course, I'm much more on board with throwing a ****load of draft picks at the problem and hoping you keep all three of the young guards and let them sort it out on the court. .

I have a hard time seeing Hood being at the meeting in San Diego and then getting traded. Regardless of why they're in Salt Lake, I just see Favors and Exum as being more expendable. Of course, I'm much more on board with throwing a ****load of draft picks at the problem and hoping you keep all three of the young guards and let them sort it out on the court. .

This is correct. It would be weird, cruel, and not in *cough* the Jazz DNA to trade Hood after bringing him to convince Hayward to re-sign.

I think they'd just extend him right now and have the whole starting group locked up. DL traded for Rubio, Hill and extends Hayward and Hood all in the span of 3 days. They could make a documentary and it would be must-see TV.

I believe it's wishful thinking to hope we keep Hood in a deal for Love. Hope I'm wrong, though.

If we have a sniff of a chance at Love and don't have to include Hood (and obvious candidates) WE TAKE IT

Even including Hood I'd pull the trigger unless it's something crazy like 2-3 future 1st rounders