What's new

STAYWARD

ESPN has a very strong bias towards big markets. It really does affect their viewership, not just for games, but also for the endless drivel they produce daily. ESPN sincerely did not want Paul George to end up in OKC. They looked truly sad and down-trodden when it happened.

If ESPN had their way, Lebron and Paul George would already be in LA with Lonzo and Lavar Ball, and Gordon Hayward would be in Boston.

The Jazz get so little coverage on national TV, that a lot of people in big markets honestly don't know that Gobert and Hayward are as good as they are.

Someone on the TV made an argument for why GH would stay in Utah? What? Is he trying to get fired?

(He obviously read Locke's stay ward article)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8khFh5gq6g

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just want to throw in my two cents on Hayward. I'll probably get ridiculed here, but I am okay with that.

I love me some Hayward. While he's no Lebron or Durant, he is damn good and means a lot to the franchise. While I am fasting today that he re-ups with the Jazz, I am not going to burn his jersey or freak out if he decides to leave.

For any planning on garnishing their BBQ meat this July 4th with your ill-fitting Hayward jersey if he buys what that greasy, catchers mitt faced Riley is selling, or if Ainge's "on the verge of crying face" turns to tears and Hayward signs with Boston out of sympathy, I would ask that you consider that Hayward doesn't owe us a thing. Yes, we drafted him and helped him in his development. Yes, we have built an offense around him and have given him billboards. Realize that these things weren't favors. We did these things because he gave us the best chance to win. He has been a key element to our success, has missed relatively few games, and has always been a "good guy" (for those who feel that they need to put athletes on a pedestal as role models for their kids).

Hoping for the best in the next few days, but also hoping not to be embarrassed by Jazz fans who feel that the world owes them.

No matter what happens, take heart. We have Rudy and Rudy is king.

Godspeed.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

When you break up with someone, do you go to their house or invite them to yours to do it? Good sign that they are in San Diego rather than Utah?

..I am not going to burn his jersey or freak out if he decides to leave.

For any planning on garnishing their BBQ meat this July 4th with your ill-fitting Hayward jersey if he buys what that greasy, catchers mitt faced Riley is selling, or if Ainge's "on the verge of crying face" turns to tears and Hayward signs with Boston out of sympathy, I would ask that you consider that Hayward doesn't owe us a thing.
Hoping for the best in the next few days, but also hoping not to be embarrassed by Jazz fans who feel that the world owes them.
By that same token, we don't owe Hayward a damn thing if he leaves town. As Jazz fans, we cheer for the UTAH JAZZ. We buy JAZZ merchandise, pay for tickets and concessions to attend JAZZ games. So if he leaves, I have every right to boo the hell out of him when he returns. And I would do just that...if I were a Utah local and could attend a Boston or Miami game.

Sorry, I just don't buy into the new-age kissy/feely philosophy. The JAZZ are the good guys; the opponents the enemy. The only thing that would change that is if I were following a player, not a team (for example as a friend, relative, former teammate or coach of that player).

And if he does return? I'll be one of his biggest fans, because he'll be one of the biggest contributors to the team I choose to follow (along with Gobert).

Now my feelings are different for those who may have wanted to return, but didn't because their roster spot went to a better player, or the Jazz just couldn't afford them (Booker, Evans, Millsap, Demarre all fall in this category). I cheer for them always. And when they play Utah? I hope they all have great games, but that their team loses to the Jazz. And, BTW I also hope Hill has success. He was a good guy when he was here. His only fault was overvaluing his worth. Maybe he could have compromised a bit come July 6th. But Utah couldn't take that chance. So they moved on.

Last edited:
Danny Ainge: "Welcome, Brother and Sister Hayward! Thanks for swinging by church to make this happen."

Gordon Hayward: (looking around the potluck awkwardly) "Gordon is fine. Ummm. I have to say, Danny, I've been in Utah for seven years and I've never been to one of these Mormon mingles things."

Danny Ainge: "Linger longer. Really? Never? You're just so clean cut and nice. . . and white. I just made an *** out of U and Me!"

Gordon Hayward: (looks around awkwardly again)

Danny Ainge: "Anywhoo. Let's get down to business. Did you see Fenway? Pretty cool, am I right?"

Gordon Hayward: "Sure. I'm more interested in what the plan is to put together a championship team that can knock off the Cavs and then the Warriors. What can the Celtics offer me?"

Danny Ainge: "I'm glad you asked. That's a great question. It's just lucky for me that Rondo broke his thumb and we weren't embarrassed by getting knocked out by a #8 seed. I mean. . . if Chicago had beaten us we're probably not even having this conversation right now. We got swept by the Cavs. I'd hate to see what the Warriors would have done to us."

Gordon Hayward: "Uh, okay."

Danny Ainge: "Anywhoo. . . Back to brass tacks! For starters we have IT and Al Horford as our two core guys. Have you seen them? They're around here somewhere. IT probably went back for more potstickers. He sure loves his potstickers. I'm not too concerned about the fact that they're both getting old and have each had pretty major injuries in their career."

Gordon Hayward: "Ummm."

Danny Ainge: "Anywhoo. We also have a bunch of young players and a boatload of assets. I could have traded some of those for Jimmy Butler or Paul George, but I'm worried that I might lose Kelly Olynyck if I did that. I really hate to burn an asset before I have to."

Gordon Hayward: "But don't you have to use those to add star players in order compete?"

Danny Ainge: (leans in and whispers) "Some people think so, but I have a totally different philosophy. Nobody else knows what in the heavens I'm doing right now. . . but I have to tell you that I'm really excited to have a team nearly entirely made up of short point guards and defensive wings. Rebounds are extremely overrated. I have numbers to back that up."

Isaiah Thomas walks up to the table with a plate heaping full of potstickers. Al Horford awkwardly hovers slightly behind Gordon and Robyn.

IT: (mouth full) "What? I'm a growing boy."

Gordon Hayward: (turns back to IT) "How's the hip?"

IT: "It sucks. I might have to get surgery going into my contract year. I'm going to have to jack up shots like a madman if I'm going to get a max contract. It's a good thing Al doesn't really need the ball much."

Gordon Hayward: (brightens up) "Yeah Rudy Gobert is the same way. Plays defense. Sets picks. Leads by example. He's the definition of team player."

IT: "Oh, I hate that mother****er!"

Relief society president drops her plate as she's walking to her table. She hustles away as quickly as she can - possibly crying.

Danny Ainge: "Isaiah. Language please?"

IT: "I'm sorry. I just hate that he made fun of our team on twitter. It hurt my feelings and made me mad. I mean. . . we're the Celtics man. We've got 17 championships."

Gordon Hayward: "Well, he's kind of right, isn't he?"

Danny, IT and Horford all look at Gordon with blank stares.

Gordon Hayward: "I mean, the Celtics have only won one championship since I was born. Bill Russell and Larry Bird were both awesome ages ago. Outside of the Lebron James teams, what has anyone in the Eastern conference done to be relevant in the past decade?"

Danny Ainge: "Have I shown you my assets yet?"

Gordon Hayward: (rolls eyes) "Yes Danny. Everyone knows that you have nice assets. Where's Brad? I want to say hi to him before I go back home."

Last edited:
Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

Danny Ainge: "Welcome, Brother and Sister Hayward! Thanks for swinging by church to make this happen."

Gordon Hayward: (looking around the potluck awkwardly) "Gordon is fine. Ummm. I have to say, Danny, I've been in Utah for seven years and I've never been to one of these Mormon mingles things."

Danny Ainge: "Linger longer. Really? Never? You're just so clean cut and nice. . . and white. I just made an *** out of U and Me!"

Gordon Hayward: (looks around awkwardly again)

Danny Ainge: "Anywhoo. Let's get down to business. Did you see Fenway? Pretty cool, am I right?"

Gordon Hayward: "Sure. I'm more interested in what the plan is to put together a championship team that can knock off the Cavs and then the Warriors. What can the Celtics offer me?"

Danny Ainge: "I'm glad you asked. That's a great question. It's just lucky for me that Rondo broke his thumb and we weren't embarrassed by getting knocked out by a #8 seed. I mean. . . if Chicago had beaten us we're probably not even having this conversation right now. We got swept by the Cavs. I'd hate to see what the Warriors would have done to us."

Gordon Hayward: "Uh, okay."

Danny Ainge: "Anywhoo. . . Back to brass tacks! For starters we have IT and Al Horford as our two core guys. Have you seen them? They're around here somewhere. IT probably went back for more potstickers. He sure loves his potstickers. I'm not too concerned about the fact that they're both getting old and have each had pretty major injuries in their career."

Gordon Hayward: "Ummm."

Danny Ainge: "Anywhoo. We also have a bunch of young players and a boatload of assets. I could have traded some of those for Jimmy Butler or Paul George, but I'm worried that I might lose Kelly Olynyck if I did that. I really hate to burn an asset before I have to."

Gordon Hayward: "But don't you have to use those to add star players in order compete?"

Danny Ainge: (leans in and whispers) "Some people think so, but I have a totally different philosophy. Nobody else knows what in the heavens I'm doing right now. . . but I have to tell you that I'm really excited to have a team nearly entirely made up of short point guards and defensive wings. Rebounds are extremrly overrated. I have numbers to back that up."

Isaiah Thomas walks up to the table with a plate heaping full of potstickers. Al Horford awkwardly hovers slightly behind Gordon and Robyn.

IT: (mouth full) "What? I'm a growing boy."

Gordon Hayward: (turns back to IT) "How's the hip?"

IT: "It sucks. I might have to get surgery going into my contract year. I'm going to have to jack up shots like a madman if I'm going to get a max contract. It's a good thing Al doesn't really need the ball much."

Gordon Hayward: (brightens up) "Yeah Rudy Gobert is the same way. Plays defense. Sets picks. Leads by example. He's the definition of team player."

IT: "Oh, I hate that mother****er!"

Relief society president drops her plate as she's walking to her table. She hustles away as quickly as she can - possibly crying.

Danny Ainge: "Isaiah. Language please?"

IT: "I'm sorry. I just hate that he made fun of our team on twitter. It hurt my feelings and made me mad. I mean. . . we're the Celtics man. We've got 17 championships."

Gordon Hayward: "Well, he's kind of right, isn't he?"

Danny, IT and Horford all look at Gordon with blank stares.

Gordon Hayward: "I mean, the Celtics have only won one championship since I was born. Bill Russell and Larry Bird were both awesome ages ago. Outside of the Lebron James teams, what has anyone in the Eastern conference done to be relevant in the past decade?"

Danny Ainge: "Have I shown you my assets yet?"

Gordon Hayward: (rolls eyes) "Yes Danny. Everyone knows that you have nice assets. Where's Brad? I want to say hi to him before I go back home."

IT: (mouth full) "What? I'm a growing boy" LMAOOOOOO

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just want to throw in my two cents on Hayward. I'll probably get ridiculed here, but I am okay with that.

I love me some Hayward. While he's no Lebron or Durant, he is damn good and means a lot to the franchise. While I am fasting today that he re-ups with the Jazz, I am not going to burn his jersey or freak out if he decides to leave.

For any planning on garnishing their BBQ meat this July 4th with your ill-fitting Hayward jersey if he buys what that greasy, catchers mitt faced Riley is selling, or if Ainge's "on the verge of crying face" turns to tears and Hayward signs with Boston out of sympathy, I would ask that you consider that Hayward doesn't owe us a thing. Yes, we drafted him and helped him in his development. Yes, we have built an offense around him and have given him billboards. Realize that these things weren't favors. We did these things because he gave us the best chance to win. He has been a key element to our success, has missed relatively few games, and has always been a "good guy" (for those who feel that they need to put athletes on a pedestal as role models for their kids).

No matter what happens, take heart. We have Rudy and Rudy is king.

Godspeed.

That's dumb. It's a sporting event not the ballet. This is how we channel our urge for tribalism without doing something that is actually embarassing (like our State voting for Trump, ugh). There really is no reason for anyone to be a fan of a team if you're not engaging in a kind of pseudo nationalism. If it wasn't about rooting for our boys and hating the enemy then I should give up being a fan of my team. I should be an NBA basketball fan and follow whoever is currently producing the best product(GSW). If Gordon Hayward leaves I will hiss and boo because deep down there is a beast in there that needs something to hate. Take the barely healthy avenue(sports)of expressing that away and the world becomes much too dangerous.

**** DANNY AINGE, **** THE CELTICS, AND **** BYU

That's dumb. It's a sporting event not the ballet. This is how we channel our urge for tribalism without doing something that is actually embarassing (like our State voting for Trump, ugh). There really is no reason for anyone to be a fan of a team if you're not engaging in a kind of pseudo nationalism. If it wasn't about rooting for our boys and hating the enemy then I should give up being a fan of my team. I should be an NBA basketball fan and follow whoever is currently producing the best product(GSW). If Gordon Hayward leaves I will hiss and boo because deep down there is a beast in there that needs something to hate. Take the barely healthy avenue(sports)of expressing that away and the world becomes much too dangerous.

**** DANNY AINGE, **** THE CELTICS, AND **** BYU

I hear you on the Trump thing. That's next level embarrassment. Not sure why we are bringing politics into this, but yeah. Hiss and boo all you want. It's your ticket and your vocal chords. I know it's not the ballet. I know it's a sporting event and I love booing the hell out of teams I hate like the Rockets and the Lakers, but singling Hayward out because he chose a different team makes you look like an insecure douche. Just my feeling on this. Maybe I am just not "hard core" enough of a fan to understand this logic.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

That photo is apparently the Haywards leaving Boston today. There's been almost no noise coming out of the Boston meeting. There isn't a sense that Gordon committed to them. Miami still feels good about their chances according to Steve Kyler.

No news seems like good news as far as the Jazz are concerned.

That photo is apparently the Haywards leaving Boston today. There's been almost no noise coming out of the Boston meeting. There isn't a sense that Gordon committed to them. Miami still feels good about their chances according to Steve Kyler.

Yeah. This seems spot on. Really quiet from his trip to Boston. Hopefully the Jazz can seal the deal and get him back on the 5 year max.

FWIW Kyler is a hack. Also I'm sure Hayward didn't tell Miami to buzz off, so they would say they feel confident about their chances. I hope the Jazz's confidence in their position is really true.