What's new

STAYWARD

Lmao wtf you talking about? Did you watch the Finals? He dominated for them to win. Without him they probably lose. He earned the **** out of it ]

Yep. Joined a 73 win team that had ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE against LeBron, even though they've already beaten him once.

Steph has to tie his shoes for him and Green cuts up his meat because his mommy never taught him how to be a big boy.

so why couldn't he earn the **** out of it where he was ???
you really respect his achievement as much as if he'd not gone and joined the team that just won the most games in NBA history ??

Because it was too hard and his mommy always taught him when life is hard, give up and try something easy. That's how you build character, by having other people do anything hard for you.

sorry but what kind of softcock seeks out an easy ride ??
I know that I will typically choose an easier path.

I always drive my truck to work in January when it freezing cold and snowing rather than walking to work for example.

I use my dishwasher rather than hand washing my dishes and use a washing machine for my clothes.

If I could afford it I would choose 1st class seats when I fly. (I can't afford it though so in that instance I take the harder path)

When I'm at the grocery store I always look for the cashier with the shortest line.

When I dug trenches in my yard for a sprinkling system I used a machine to dig the trenches rather than a shovel.

I sold my pop up trailer and will buy a regular hard side trailer next year cause I got sick of the hassle of setting up my pop up trailer.

I used a bottle warmer to get my babies bottles warmed up rather than using my stove top to heat up water.

Those are a few examples.

Nearly everyone in life. You probably do it too.

Why dont you move to North Korea then? Take the hardest route possible. Stop being a *****.

Do you drive a car? Please stop, that is weak and taking the easy way out. You need to run everywhere to commute.

I highly doubt you have never made decisions to make your life easier.

Did John Stockton take the easy path by playing with Malone? He should have left to go play with the worst starting PF in the NBA if he was a real PG.
Just saw these after making my last post.

Agreed.

Pretty dumb analogies TBH.

Sports is about competition and not giving up. Rising to the challenge. Loyalty and brotherhood.

You might be the kid on the playground who switches teams at half time just because you always have to be on the winning team or you're sad, but don't you dare lump the rest of us true competitors in with you, you son of a bitch.

:p
This is true too.

Good post.

(I was kidding about my easy paths post btw)

Don't take this personally, but you don't win a title unless you play in the championship series. Durant and/or Curry might get hurt in game 1. Then you win a title. In the West, if you play for the Utah Jazz, you have to have a lot more dudes get hurt, a lot more good fortune to even get there and have that opportunity, than in the east.

I know I'm replying super late here, but... whatever.

If Durant and/or Curry got hurt in game one of the Jazz series, Utah would have had an excellent shot at the title this year. They would have had to beat LeBron, yes, but the Celtics will have to beat him too.

Seriously, I'd rather lose with my brothers and friends, than join up with the enemy because I felt like a loser. When you get knocked down, you get back up and fight. You don't just lay there, crying for your mommy to come fight the bullies for you.

I've played ball with some guys that I'd rather beat than play with... I don't like what he did, but if I was in the same situation I would probably do it too.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder what the **** Hayward's problem is.

Does he have some personal beef with the organization? Some irrational hatred of SLC?

I would be pissed if he left regardless, but some part of me would understand if somehow GSW or the Cavs could sign him. But where in the hell is the appeal of the Heat or the Celtics exactly?

The Heat I shouldn't even waste time on. They missed the playoffs, their talent is inferior to the Jazz in every way. The Celtics won 2 games more than the Jazz(must be nice playing in the East and only having one starter miss more than 20 games), they've failed in every conceivable sense this off-season, and like the Heat, compare unfavourably to the Jazz in the talent department. Especially if you want to win soon. These are also the Celtics, might I remind you, that were looking at getting swept in the first round and have Rondo's injury to thank it didn't happen. This would be a lateral move at best. In the world of Western superteams and LeBron, how could you possibly think he'd be any closer to the title in Boston than in Utah?

Again, what the **** is his problem? These are not some once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for greatness. They're two teams who are right now in a worse spot going forward than the Jazz.

According to ESPN.com's Chris Forsberg, Ainge confirmed that even if Thomas does go under the knife, he should be recovered in time for training camp.
If there was real concern, they probably wouldn't have traded back but would have drafted Fultz.

Well I think we did what we had to on our end by locking up a solid PG and getting the Ingles deal booked before the meeting with Hayward. Also got some super help from OKC landing PG so everything has gone about as well as we could have hoped these past two days.

If Hayward leaves after all that he just didn't want to be here period.

Watching this espn free agency thing... windhorst and Amin act like it is 50/50 between Boston and Miami. One of the best parts of Hayward coming back is all guys shutting the eff up.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just want to throw in my two cents on Hayward. I'll probably get ridiculed here, but I am okay with that.

I love me some Hayward. While he's no Lebron or Durant, he is damn good and means a lot to the franchise. While I am fasting today that he re-ups with the Jazz, I am not going to burn his jersey or freak out if he decides to leave.

For any planning on garnishing their BBQ meat this July 4th with your ill-fitting Hayward jersey if he buys what that greasy, catchers mitt faced Riley is selling, or if Ainge's "on the verge of crying face" turns to tears and Hayward signs with Boston out of sympathy, I would ask that you consider that Hayward doesn't owe us a thing. Yes, we drafted him and helped him in his development. Yes, we have built an offense around him and have given him billboards. Realize that these things weren't favors. We did these things because he gave us the best chance to win. He has been a key element to our success, has missed relatively few games, and has always been a "good guy" (for those who feel that they need to put athletes on a pedestal as role models for their kids).

Hoping for the best in the next few days, but also hoping not to be embarrassed by Jazz fans who feel that the world owes them.

No matter what happens, take heart. We have Rudy and Rudy is king.

Godspeed.