What's new

STAYWARD

I'd like to see the Jazz offer Favors and Hood in a deal for an up-and-coming player that could move. I'm wondering about Aaron Gordon now that Orlando drafted Jonathan Issac. A move like this could consolidate two players that need to be paid into one player that needs to be paid. Ingles, Mitchell and Exum can take the guard minutes if the Jazz move Hood.

You'd trade Favors and Hood for Aaron Gordon?

You'd trade Favors and Hood for Aaron Gordon?

If I knew I wasn't going to pay Favors and I didn't want to pay Hood, I might, but it depends on how strongly the Jazz feel about developing Aaron Gordon. There are likely better moves out there. I don't know what kind of offers the Jazz have been getting for Favors.

The idea is to try to find a young player who is on the up and up, who is not in his present team's current plans. Look at Portland getting Nurkic as an example.

Given the situation with the Jazz pressing the luxury tax, they're going to have to make decisions and likely a consolidation move in the next year. Choose who you're going to pay, and move the other guy(s).

If I knew I wasn't going to pay Favors and I didn't want to pay Hood, I might, but it depends on how strongly the Jazz feel about developing Aaron Gordon. There are likely better moves out there. I don't know what kind of offers the Jazz have been getting for Favors.

The idea is to try to find a young player who is on the up and up, who is not in his present team's current plans. Look at Portland getting Nurkic as an example.

If we lose Hayward and want to rebuild I think Gordon would be a good move. He has a lot of potential. I am not sure he convinces Hayward to stay though and in fact might push Hayward away. I guess this is one of those trades I might be okay with at the trade deadline this year, depending on how things are looking.

He's meeting with Boston and Miami on Saturday... then us on Monday.

I feel like this is a positive... we close the deal. I think he's giving us a few days to come to terms with Hill or agree on a trade.

Unless Boston the PG to Boston rumor picks up steam I feel pretty good.

That makes a lot more sense than Miami to Utah then back to Boston.

I want him to stay. But I think we can still be a very good team if he leaves.

I won't be all that sad if he leaves...... I will however hate the mother ****er doe.

Well.. my only question for you guys is, if Hayward decides to leaves the Jazz for 4 years then expresses to come back to the Jazz after the Boston contract is over. Would you guys welcome to him back, after he succeeded in winning a championship or not?

Well.. my only question for you guys is, if Hayward decides to leaves the Jazz for 4 years then expresses to come back to the Jazz after the Boston contract is over. Would you guys welcome to him back, after he succeeded in winning a championship or not?

What kind of a question is that? Who cares about four years from now when the Jazz are trying to become contenders now.

No... give your prime to someone else and try to make good with us? You ain't LeBron.

If it ends up being GoodbyeWard! than we will usher in the Welcome to the Hood era and witness Rodney become the next Paul Pierce with a better overall game.

Heard it here first.

But if G-time wants to win- If it is important to him to play for a title, it just makes sense. When this guy said that it resonated with me more than ever. No need to overthink this- if Gordon Hayward wants to play for a NBA championship, it will be easier to go through an aging LBJ than Curry, Durant, Draymond and Klay or Kawhi and Pop or Harden and CP3.

I have never really gotten this line of reasoning. he doesn't want to PLAY for a title he wants to WIN a title. And what's the difference between playing Cleveland in the Eastern finals and Golden State in the NBA Finals, versus Golden State in the Western finals and Cleveland in the NBA Finals? He's got to beat both teams either way.

I hope you don't take this reply personally, because I'm honestly just replying to this argument that has been brought up again and again and again...

If his goal is to play for a title then why does it matter? Sure if his goal is to get the finals only, I agree it's easier in the East. But assuming he actually wants to win a damn championship, then he has to beat the Warriors either way. I just don't think that the East/West thing holds any water other than an easier All-Star berth, but he's already crossed that bridge and will likely continue to do it in the West.
Yeah, what he said. :)

I have never really gotten this line of reasoning. he doesn't want to PLAY for a title he wants to WIN a title. And what's the difference between playing Cleveland in the Eastern finals and Golden State in the NBA Finals, versus Golden State in the Western finals and Cleveland in the NBA Finals? He's got to beat both teams either way.
I think cleveland is much more beatable than gs (evidence lies in the finals last season when the cavs almost got swept).
Getting to the finals > not getting to the finals imo. And once you are there you could get lucky. Draymond kicks someone's nuts and gets suspended, Curry breaks an ankle, klay gets cold from three, etc.

I already explained above. In the west, it isn't just about beating GS. You also have to go though SAS and an even more strengthened Houston team. Its a lot easier to at least get there in the East and you don't win it all unless you play for it all.

I think cleveland is much more beatable than gs (evidence lies in the finals last season when the cavs almost got swept).
Getting to the finals > not getting to the finals imo. And once you are there you could get lucky. Draymond kicks someone's nuts and gets suspended, Curry breaks an ankle, klay gets cold from three, etc.
Those same things could just as easily happen in the Western Conference finals. Then you beat GS there. Same result. And either way you still need to beat Cleveland.

If you want to say the first two rounds will be easier in the East, I think that's a valid argument (but not a prime consideration for him). However that's not typically the argument that's made.

I already explained above. In the west, it isn't just about beating GS. You also have to go though SAS and an even more strengthened Houston team. Its a lot easier to at least get there in the East and you don't win it all unless you play for it all.
Yes, this is valid. But not what most people are saying.

Those same things could just as easily happen in the Western Conference finals. Then you beat GS there. Same result. And either way you still need to beat Cleveland.

If you want to say the first two rounds will be easier in the East, I think that's a valid argument (but not a prime consideration for him). However that's not typically the argument that's made.
I think the 1st three rounds are easier in the east. Easier to get on the all star team too. (Though that's a different discussion )

David James this morning on 1280 talked about how NBA deals get done. Because the "Moritorium" and tampering rules are easily sidestepped and never enforced some teams are recruiting players all time. Consequently many of the decisions are made weeks, or months before the July FA period. For example Durrant had decided to go to GS long before he dogged three playoff games to let them advance in the play-offs.

According to James, some people in Boston believe Gordon decided to go to boston last summer. Some people believe he decided earlier this year.

James also talked about Dennis O'Lindsey having multiple plans in place to move on if Hayward leaves.

What DJ didn't say, but should have, is the fans are the unfortunate and unwitting victims here, everyone else knows what is going on but maintain the illusion of playing by the rules.

This is the dumbest ****ing thing that I've ever read.