What's new

STAYWARD

nope try again

Why dont you move to North Korea then? Take the hardest route possible. Stop being a *****.

Do you drive a car? Please stop, that is weak and taking the easy way out. You need to run everywhere to commute.

I highly doubt you have never made decisions to make your life easier.

Did John Stockton take the easy path by playing with Malone? He should have left to go play with the worst starting PF in the NBA if he was a real PG.

Gotta get rid of that a/c and heater. If you're too cold do some pushups, if you're too hot, deal with it.

Cy's on fire. Lol.

I love how we hold these guys to a higher standard than we hold ourselves.

I was offered a job in a better location and 4 times the pay. Guess who wasn't loyal?

Why do I have to be loyal to an employer that hasn't created a situation where I can be more successful?

That's bull crap. If Hayward can make more money through endorsements and All NBA teams in Boston AND have an easier path to the finals...why wouldn't he leave?

I dont think any choice Hayward has is "the easy route" in terms of winning a championship. Hell, you could argue that going to Miami is the hardest route.

Cy's on fire. Lol.

I was offered a job in a better location and 4 times the pay. Guess who wasn't loyal?

Why do I have to be loyal to an employer that hasn't created a situation where I can be more successful?

That's bull crap. If Hayward can make more money through endorsements and All NBA teams in Boston AND have an easier path to the finals...why wouldn't he leave?

Cuz DL made a big move to bring in more talent to try to get the Jazz over the... oh wait... hurumpf

David James this morning on 1280 talked about how NBA deals get done. Because the "Moritorium" and tampering rules are easily sidestepped and never enforced some teams are recruiting players all time. Consequently many of the decisions are made weeks, or months before the July FA period. For example Durrant had decided to go to GS long before he dogged three playoff games to let them advance in the play-offs.

According to James, some people in Boston believe Gordon decided to go to boston last summer. Some people believe he decided earlier this year.

James also talked about Dennis O'Lindsey having multiple plans in place to move on if Hayward leaves.

What DJ didn't say, but should have, is the fans are the unfortunate and unwitting victims here, everyone else knows what is going on but maintain the illusion of playing by the rules.

I think the point about the player's decision being made long in advance is valid. In the case of Durant, there was tension between KD and Westbrook, and at the time of free agency most people expected KD to leave. However, it sure seems that the Jazz front office to this day believes that Hayward will stay. If you look at the year Hayward had beginning with his personal development, making the All Star team, then playing at an even higher level during the playoffs, I think that has really impacted his decision. The progress that Rudy is making as an All NBA player and two-way player, that has to impact his decision. The way the Jazz overcame adversity to beat the Clippers has to affect his decision.

But here's why I think Hayward stays in Utah -- he's the first option and the primary wing scorer here. In Boston, he's going to be pressured by two #3 picks in Tatum and Brown to give up the ball. Isaiah Thomas is going to be handling the ball most the time, and Hayward is going to have to defer rather than steer the offense. Relative to his situation in Utah, he's going to have to defer more to other players. Now, if you're deferring to Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard, that's one thing. But if you're deferring to Isaiah Thomas who is trying to go one on one, or to some rookie like Tatum who wants to prove that he's the man, that's something else. Plus, a lot of Hayward's opportunities come from running pick and roll. He's gets looks from Rudy's gravity when he rolls to the basket. Who is he going to do that with in Boston? Al Horford is a floor spacer.

Boston didn't make roster decisions to build around Hayward, and Hayward won't likely be as successful as a result. Hayward, I think, likes being the man and likes being that primary player.

Why dont you move to North Korea then? Take the hardest route possible. Stop being a *****.

Do you drive a car? Please stop, that is weak and taking the easy way out. You need to run everywhere to commute.

Pretty dumb analogies TBH.

Sports is about competition and not giving up. Rising to the challenge. Loyalty and brotherhood.

Like Michael Jordon trying to become a baseball player because winning Basketball championships wasn't enough of a challenge anymore.

You might be the kid on the playground who switches teams at half time just because you always have to be on the winning team or you're sad, but don't you dare lump the rest of us true competitors in with you, you son of a bitch.

:p

Pretty dumb analogies TBH.

Sports is about competition and not giving up. Rising to the challenge. Loyalty and brotherhood.

Like Michael Jordon trying to become a baseball player because winning Basketball championships wasn't enough of a challenge anymore.

You might be the kid on the playground who switches teams at half time just because you always have to be on the winning team or you're sad, but don't you dare lump the rest of us true competitors in with you, you son of a bitch.

:p

Lmao, he played baseball because Stern was going to ban him for gambling that had gotten so bad he couldn't pay off the mob and they killed his father.

What kind of ***** *** playground you play on that has halftime on pickup games?

No team Hayward can join is going to be the favorite. Saying "take the hard path" is silly because any path Hayward chooses is going to be hard.

you're just making yourself look like a dick with this stuff.

I dont think any choice Hayward has is "the easy route" in terms of winning a championship. Hell, you could argue that going to Miami is the hardest route.

Miami is by far the hardest route. I actually don't think Boston gives him any easier route to winning a title. I just think specifically choosing to go somewhere because the competition is soft IN SPORTS is lame and I wouldn't think that's the key factor. A chance to be competitive yes as opposed to staying on a terrible team. But all things being equal going somewhere because it's not as fierce competition ??? no thnx.

your examples are stupid. We're talking about the glory of achievment in sports.

Miami is by far the hardest route. I actually don't think Boston gives him any easier route to winning a title. I just think specifically choosing to go somewhere because the competition is soft IN SPORTS is lame and I wouldn't think that's the key factor. A chance to be competitive yes as opposed to staying on a terrible team. But all things being equal going somewhere because it's not as fierce competition ??? no thnx.

your examples are stupid. We're talking about the glory of achievment in sports.
Yeah but you are only taking "the competition" to a point to where its convenient for your desires.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Cy's on fire. Lol.

mate, comparing NBA players "jobs" to how we base our decisions on our employment is just ridiculous. Poles apart. Nobody is talking about there being any differential money wise in this case. If he went because he can make a truckload more money somewhere else, cool i have zero issue.

Cy's on fire. Lol.

Agree with almost everything. But at some point, a small incremental increase in dollars may not outweigh other variables. Maybe he makes more in endorsements. But he gets a guaranteed 5th season with Utah. How much does he value playing with certain teammates? How much does he value being adored by an entire state? Is Utah a better environment to raise a family?

Would I go elsewhere if someone offered me 4x as much? Probably...unless I'd be working in the oil fields in the middle east, for example. I'd rather be poor than dead! Now if job X paid 30% more but I had to move to a crappier place or have a longer commute, I might just say no.

that makes zero sense but ok

I'm prob more old school thinking than you. I hated KD for what he did and have little respect for his ring he just "earned"
Lmao wtf you talking about? Did you watch the Finals? He dominated for them to win. Without him they probably lose. He earned the **** out of it

Lmao wtf you talking about? Did you watch the Finals? He dominated for them to win. Without him they probably lose. He earned the **** out of it

so why couldn't he earn the **** out of it where he was ???
you really respect his achievement as much as if he'd not gone and joined the team that just won the most games in NBA history ??