What's new

Stein: Utah is telling teams Hayward is unavailable.

Sources say the Celtics are one of just a number of teams trying to convince Utah to surrender Hayward — Phoenix, which holds two lottery picks (No. 4 and 13) in Thursday’s draft, is another — but the Jazz have been telling interested teams that he is not available. - Hoopshype

League sources tell hoopscritic.com that the Utah Jazz are actively trying to trade Gordon Hayward.

This dude has been posting bs on Twitter all day. He posted a rumor about Memphis and John hollinger himself replied that he is full of **** and that if he keeps blindly posting rumors maybe one day he will get one right.

If the offer is right and can help you have a higher ceiling, always consider it. It all depends on how far DL honestly see's this core going. I won't lie, I trust our front office especially in the draft. I don't think for one second they would let Hayward walk for nothing. If that was the case the more probable will be he builds value now and then waits till the deadline.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using JazzFanz mobile app

The jazz are not looking to make a trade? Jazz will most likely pretty much stand pat this off-season and bake the cake? Weird. Jazz are usually movers and shakers that make lots of moves during the off-season.

I'm all for trading Hayward for draft picks but only way I do so for a 2016 pick is if it's #1 or #2

I have heard people say that bender is lumped in with simmons and ingram. A 3 person draft in other words.
Personally i have no idea if that is right or not, just something i have heard.

I have heard people say that bender is lumped in with simmons and ingram. A 3 person draft in other words.

I don't agree with that one bit.
Bender doesn't belong in that tier.
He may get there, obviously, but doesn't belong there now.

Dude looks like Abe Lincoln.

c49.jpg

715fa5b3b1b2614540c48cd68dd5342c.jpg

I want to ask an honest question to those who have no desire to trade Hayward -

If Boston were to offer it, would you trade him for Avery Bradley, #3 and #23?

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

No, no, and no. There is a good chance that the #3 pick won't end up as good as Lyles. Hayward is two tiers ahead of any of those assets, and you can only play five players at a time.

When you make trades like this, #23 has almost 0 importance. I would ask for 23 and their unprotected Brooklyn picks. Any deal involving Hayward to Boston has to involve Brooklyn picks or you dont even have a conversation. Period.

GARBAGE

I don't agree with that one bit.
Bender doesn't belong in that tier.
He may get there, obviously, but doesn't belong there now.

Well said, he has 1st tier potential, but he does have more risk than Ingram/Simmons that keeps him out of the 1st tier.

No, no, and no. There is a good chance that the #3 pick won't end up as good as Lyles. Hayward is two tiers ahead of any of those assets, and you can only play five players at a time.

There is more of a chance that someone after #3 becomes as good or better than Hayward than #3 not being as good as Lyles. Hayward is a good NBA starter, but how would we view him if he didn't get to touch the ball on almost every possession and be our #1 the last couple years? There are a number of players who will be taken #3 or later in this draft who will be good NBA starters. Every single year the draft provides such players.

Hayward is a good player, but some of you guys are putting him on a pedestal that I don't think he deserves. We had the best defensive center in the league, a very good up and coming Hood, a very well balanced big entering his prime in Favors and we didn't even go .500. Don't preach injuries because they are part of the game.

What would people view as an acceptable return from BOS for Hayward & Favors? I know it's highly unlikely that we trade one, let alone both, but if we did move Hayward it would make sense to deal Favors as well. I think the discussion would have to start with Smart/#3/2017 BKN pick swap/2018 BKN 1st

Just clueless.
League sources tell hoopscritic.com that the Utah Jazz are actively trying to trade Gordon Hayward.
Lol ok
Why hasn't anyone suggested Bledsoe in place of Knight?

Too injury prone. I'd like to see a year with much fewer injury
Well said, he has 1st tier potential, but he does have more risk than Ingram/Simmons that keeps him out of the 1st tier.
I don't see where he has first tier potential even. I watched video of him yesterday. Wasn't impressed with his game. He isn't suited for the bigger stronger quicker, and more explosive league. He can shoot and dribble but he's not strong not athletic with no explosion, and doesn't get off the ground, looks like a Channing Frye clone. Pretty much a spot up shooter that is really tall

Hayward is a good player, but some of you guys are putting him on a pedestal that I don't think he deserves. We had the best defensive center in the league, a very good up and coming Hood, a very well balanced big entering his prime in Favors and we didn't even go .500. Don't preach injuries because they are part of the game.

Hayward is a very,very good basketball player who doesn't need 20 shots to average 20 ppg like DeRozan does. Hayward averaged 20 ppg on 15 spg this past season on the slowest paced team in the NBA.Look for the pace to accelerate with Exum at PG and more shots being put up this year.I think Hayward will even be better with Exum at PG this year where he won't have to do as much and Exum spreading the court more.