What's new

Stein: Utah is telling teams Hayward is unavailable.

That's not what I said at all, but carry on making things up, again. You're starting to build up a nasty habit here.
I answered your condescending question with a point and question of my own. That's a bad habit?

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes, yes it would suck. We would have one guy who can score on a semi-consistent basis (Hood), a guy who we desperately hope develops into something (Exum), and then a bunch of guys who needs somebody to set them up. So yeah, our offense would actually be worse, which is really saying something. And our defense would be worse, so that's even better.

I guess I have more faith in our roster and coaching staff than you do.

I don't think we would suck. In fact I think we would make the playoffs. Agree to disagree I guess. (Also when hayward missed games we have done well. I know, small sample size and all)

Rookies do nothing to help you win 99% of the time. In fact the hurt you to play them especially early. That would make this team really young, younger than last year. I think that team would be in the lottery again next season.
we could add free agents (vets) too.

Plus I don't think bradley is super young iirc.

I answered your condescending question with a point and question of my own. That's a bad habit?

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

You implied something that I never said. Not for the first time.

Let's make a deal though...we make the 2nd round of the playoffs, I pick your username. If we don't make the playoffs, you pick mine. If we make the playoffs it's a draw.

I don't think we would suck. In fact I think we would make the playoffs. Agree to disagree I guess. (Also when hayward missed games we have done well. I know, small sample size and all)

You missed the part where we add free agents (vets) too.

Who's our go to guy? Who's creating the offense, getting easy shots for other guys?

What good free agents would like to come to a place where we just traded our best player, and we'll have lots of young players that we just traded an excellent asset for that are probably going to play a lot? Hint: we wouldn't trade Hayward for a bunch of guys and then not play them. So who would we sign?

What good free agents would like to come to a place where we just traded our best player
Ones who want money and see a starting position just opened up.

Who's our go to guy? Who's creating the offense, getting easy shots for other guys?

I guess the same guys who did it when hayward missed games with injury.

Hood and Burks are both wings that are very capable of creating offense. Neither one has been the guy in Haywards role for long stretches so I don't know how good they would be at it. Hayward has been that guy for years and years. Hasn't taken us to far yet for many reasons.

Fwiw Avery bradley last year averaged 16.4 ppg per 36 ( He averaged 33 minutes per game and 15.2 points) and shot a better % from the field and from three than Hayward.
I hear he is a good defender too.

I know he doesn't get the same attention from defenses and all. Still pretty decent numbers.

That was my two cents for the day. I'm out!

we could add free agents (vets) too.

Plus I don't think bradley is super young iirc.
I guess if we could land Batum, DeRozan or Beal or someone that quality than it would work out okay. Although I would just assume adding one of those players to play with Hayward.

Fwiw Avery bradley last year averaged 16.4 ppg per 36 ( He averaged 33 minutes per game and 15.2 points) and shot a better % from the field and from three than Hayward.
I hear he is a good defender too.

I know he doesn't get the same attention from defenses and all. Still pretty decent numbers.

AVERY BRADLEY CANT CREATE HIS OWN SHOT!!!

Do you understand what that means? Quit just looking at numbers.

AVERY BRADLEY CANT CREATE HIS OWN SHOT!!!

Do you understand what that means? Quit just looking at numbers.
I have seen him do it

Not consistently you haven't. He needs a guy to set him up.
Ya and I never said he was better than Hayward. (I don't think he is)

Just said he has good numbers and is a good defender. Still think that's true

Obviously Hayward is not cut out to be a go-to guy for a playoff team, but that doesn't mean that he should be traded. If someone, let's say, "emerges" as a reliable primary scorer for the Jazz (Hood, perhaps?), I'm sure Hayward would naturally become less assertive - since to be a primary scorer, for him, is clearly very consuming, energy-wise. May the Jazz keep Hayward and his very good all-around game!

Obviously Hayward is not cut out to be a go-to guy for a playoff team, but that doesn't mean that he should be traded. If someone, let's say, "emerges" as a reliable primary scorer for the Jazz (Hood, perhaps?), I'm sure Hayward would naturally become less assertive - since to be a primary scorer, for him, is clearly very consuming, energy-wise. May the Jazz keep Hayward and his very good all-around game!
Hayward would be a great #2 I think next to an elite #1 we could be a contender. I disagree that Hayward can't be a #1 on a playoff team. He was our #1 this year with an injury plagued 2nd youngest team that missed by 2 games. Next year we can easily make the playoffs with him as our #1. I don't think we can be a contending team with him as #1 though unless all our other starters are all about the same level.

Celtics and Suns offered 2 1st round picks for Hayward - Jazz say no

Supposedly Celtics and Suns (and others) trying to land Hayward and Jazz say he is not available.....

Per Marc Stein.....

You're about a day late to the party. Everyone's left tho. They're now at the George Hill trade party.