What's new

Stein: Utah is telling teams Hayward is unavailable.

Funny, I guess Phoenix thinks Hayward is really good too. And Boston. But what do Earl Watson, Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge know? If only they read jazzfanz.

This was my first thought... My second was do people know that Bledsoe is heavily reliant on athleticism and more than likely his knees will never allow you to be confident he will be available.

This is exactly what I am taking from all these trade rumors. Hayward is a hot commodity.

Yes he is. As I see it there are two options with this team:

1. Embrace our current players and push forward hard to make a contender

or

2. Blow it up completely and rebuild. Trade Hayward, Favors, Burks... gobble up all the early 1st rounders you can the next 2-3 years and rebuild.

After the Hill trade it is clear to me that option 1 is where the FO is going and I am very happy with it. I'd be OK with blowing it up hard.

What I would not be happy with at all is half hearted approach to either approach. Like trading just Hayward or Favors for a single lottery pick that just treadmills us for another year or two. Time to go all in. Win NOW or wipe it clean and start over.

Yes he is. As I see it there are two options with this team:

1. Embrace our current players and push forward hard to make a contender

or

2. Blow it up completely and rebuild. Trade Hayward, Favors, Burks... gobble up all the early 1st rounders you can the next 2-3 years and rebuild.

After the Hill trade it is clear to me that option 1 is where the FO is going and I am very happy with it. I'd be OK with blowing it up hard.

What I would not be happy with at all is half hearted approach to either approach. Like trading just Hayward or Favors for a single lottery pick that just treadmills us for another year or two. Time to go all in. Win NOW or wipe it clean and start over.

Yeah it kicks us off the fence which I liked. Also, I really don't look at it like a rental. Hill is likely to be resigned or extended using some of our cap space this year.

One thing must be clear, we still have to listen to calls. If Boston offers us something ridiculous, we have to listen. If they throw us #3, a future BKN pick, and Jae Crowder, we have to consider.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

One thing must be clear, we still have to listen to calls. If Boston offers us something ridiculous, we have to listen. If they throw us #3, a future BKN pick, and Jae Crowder, we have to consider.

Sure, you always listen, but you need to be blown away for a trade to take place. 3+spare parts is not close to enough.

I've said all along that we make the playoffs even without Hayward. For you to make any strong point, we would have to go 6 or 7 in the 2nd round if we keep Hayward especially after spending #12 on Hill.

take Bern's bet you gutless chicken

take Bern's bet you gutless chicken
I've been on record saying we make the playoffs even without Hayward. So why would I take a bet where I say Utah will miss the playoffs WITH Hayward?

Why don't you piss off?

I've been on record saying we make the playoffs even without Hayward. So why would I take a bet where I say Utah will miss the playoffs WITH Hayward?

Why don't you piss off?

weak Not game to put your money where your ignorant gum flapping running mouth is.

All right kid. Sure. God forbid you use logic to realize the bet made no sense.

C'mon ... i want him to change your name to Lo Poo to reflect your basketball insight .or Regurgitator to represent your rehashing the same rubbish that's been spouted for months .. or when Hayward resigns and the Jazz are kicking *** you could go with GordonsBitch Why not take a chance and back yourself huh ??

C'mon ... i want him to change your name to Lo Poo to reflect your basketball insight .or Regurgitator to represent your rehashing the same rubbish that's been spouted for months .. or when Hayward resigns and the Jazz are kicking *** you could go with GordonsBitch Why not take a chance and back yourself huh ??
What insight do you have kid? All you do is go around talking ****. You have no knowledge. You're just some bitter kid who probably can't hit a layup on a little tykes goal your Mommy brought you last Christmas.

We will be good this year. I'm excited. But facts are facts - Hayward could walk next summer, Hayward could get overpaid next summer and Hayward will not lead us to a title as the #1 guy. Even Hayward fan club presidents know those are facts.

Enjoy daycare today

What insight do you have kid? All you do is go around talking ****. You have no knowledge. You're just some bitter kid who probably can't hit a layup on a little tykes goal your Mommy brought you last Christmas.

We will be good this year. I'm excited. But facts are facts - Hayward could walk next summer, Hayward could get overpaid next summer and Hayward will not lead us to a title as the #1 guy. Even Hayward fan club presidents know those are facts.

Enjoy daycare today

You're right, I couldn't hit a layup so I scored on your Mom instead

Lame

ooh Hayward isn't a no.1 on a championship team, so lets trade him for multiple picks in a lame draft, or just pick up the superstar we need in free agency, cause like either of those is so much more likely to result in advancing the Jazz toward a title .. oh and he's a free agent, of course he's gonna leave and we shouldn't pay him anyway cause he's not worth it and that'll prevent us paying all the superstars lining up to sign with the Jazz and carry us to glory, and you know therés soooo many of those number one guys out there We can easily replace Hayward, he's not clutch or consistent or reliable, and there are at least 50 players doing producing the same output and you know losing the best player on the team isn't even going to make us any worse !!! We shouldn't take a risk And while i'm at it, i'm going to refuse to give a specific plan on who or how to replace the Jazz no.1 player who dared to test his market value last time he was out of contract, he's disloyal so lets get rid of him and i refuse to let the facts get in the way of a good story ..

oh wait .. that's what we read in all of your posts .. lame much ?

So Geltzeiler was on DJ&PK this morning.

He stands by his source and is not surprised the FO has denied it all. They don't want to lose leverage. The term he heard was the Jazz were in "damage control." He also said Brad Stevens is dying to get Hayward. According to Geltzeiler, Hayward never "demanded" a trade but he did "ask" to be sent there. He says Hayward's not unhappy in Utah, but Boston looks like a possibly better situation.

(if it's not in quotes then I'm paraphrasing)

It was pretty interesting. Geltzeiler also expressed criticism for Ainge. Said he's overvaluing his assets. Said Ainge was close to a deal (with the sixers) but didn't feel like he was getting enough in return for his perceived high-value #3 pick. So his assets go to waste. Gelt said you got to spend your capital or it does you no good.

Dennis Lindsay is on DJ&PK now. They asked him about this rumor and he unequivocally denied it. Even if it's true I'm glad DL is denying it. I don't wanna lose leverage either.

But I don't want Lindsay to hold onto the Hayward asset too long so that he loses value, if there is any truth to this stuff.
What I want is Brooklyn's 2017 pick. But I don't know what's possible - in 2017 Boston can swap picks with Brooklyn. So that's a little cloudy.
But yeah, the #3 pick this year is not as valuable compared with Brooklyn's pick next year. If Hayward's going to leave anyway, I want to get Brooklyn's 2017 pick.