What's new

Stein: Utah is telling teams Hayward is unavailable.

Hayward would be a great #2 I think next to an elite #1 we could be a contender. I disagree that Hayward can't be a #1 on a playoff team. He was our #1 this year with an injury plagued 2nd youngest team that missed by 2 games. Next year we can easily make the playoffs with him as our #1. I don't think we can be a contending team with him as #1 though unless all our other starters are all about the same level.

Couldn't have said it better. I'd be more inclined to give him the max if we had that elite #1 on the roster. Unfortunately we don't & IMO maxing out Hayward only makes it that much more difficult to acquire one.

With the acquisition of Hill, I'd put money on the Sixers making the playoffs next year over the Jazz trading Hayward on draft night.

That being said, Avery Bradley and #3 for him wouldn't have been bad. Would it?

Hayward would be a great #2 I think next to an elite #1 we could be a contender. I disagree that Hayward can't be a #1 on a playoff team. He was our #1 this year with an injury plagued 2nd youngest team that missed by 2 games. Next year we can easily make the playoffs with him as our #1. I don't think we can be a contending team with him as #1 though unless all our other starters are all about the same level.
Based on how our team is currently constructed, Hayward as our #1 can lead us to the playoffs, but we will always be a 7th or 8th seed and never get out of the first round.

Based on how our team is currently constructed, Hayward as our #1 can lead us to the playoffs, but we will always be a 7th or 8th seed and never get out of the first round.

I think they all forgot how Hayward disappeared against the Clippers reserves in a crucial game to make the playoffs this season.

Yes that's why he is untouchable....

Only jazz treat bronze values like platinum! Such shame all this protect such just ok player and trade lottery pick for 30 year old guy and 1 year contract? And some cheer? What version of galactic universe can I wake up on today?

You implied something that I never said. Not for the first time.

Let's make a deal though...we make the 2nd round of the playoffs, I pick your username. If we don't make the playoffs, you pick mine. If we make the playoffs it's a draw.
I've said all along that we make the playoffs even without Hayward. For you to make any strong point, we would have to go 6 or 7 in the 2nd round if we keep Hayward especially after spending #12 on Hill.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

Trade him for Devin Booker. He's going to be elite. Top 10. Did you guys watch Booker last year? He's an elite off the bounce shooter who will excel in the high pick and roll. He flashed special glimpse of what he'll become last season. He's going to be a top 10 offensive player.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Sources say Phoenix, in its failed trade pitch to convince Utah to surrender Gordon Hayward, tried to pair Eric Bledsoe with a lottery pick

twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/745982669872193536

I assume it was Bledsoe and 13

The growing sense in league circles is that the Suns are determined to move either Bledsoe or Brandon Knight before the start of next season

https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/745983128464826372

I remember dr.jones mentioning this a while ago

Or they remember the big game @ Dallas, v. Cleveland...
I thought Hayward missed the Cleveland game where we blew them out.

Trade him for Devin Booker. He's going to be elite. Top 10. Did you guys watch Booker last year? He's an elite off the bounce shooter who will excel in the high pick and roll. He flashed special glimpse of what he'll become last season. He's going to be a top 10 offensive player.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
His stats kind of sucked though

More than one Cleveland game, more than one year.
I see. He did miss the Cleveland game when we blew them out though right?

It wasn't really that big of a blowout though. Only 9 points.

Crazy that we beat the nba champs by 9 with joe ingles playing 37 minutes!

I see. He did miss the Cleveland game when we blew them out though right?

I think so.

My point is that he is using one game as some sort of grand argument. So I pointed out some that say the opposite.

Funny, I guess Phoenix thinks Hayward is really good too. And Boston. But what do Earl Watson, Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge know? If only they read jazzfanz.

Funny, I guess Phoenix thinks Hayward is really good too. And Boston. But what do Earl Watson, Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge know? If only they read jazzfanz.

This is exactly what I am taking from all these trade rumors. Hayward is a hot commodity.