What's new

Stein: Utah is telling teams Hayward is unavailable.

Bottom line is let's hope DL has an indication from Hayward that he's staying or else it would not be prudent to explore other options...

Bottom line is let's hope DL has an indication from Hayward that he's staying or else it would not be prudent to explore other options...

Hayward built a house in Utah this summer and is living in Utah and working out here full-time. I guess that doesnt mean much since D-Will still lives here too, but it's a positive indicator.

There is more of a chance that someone after #3 becomes as good or better than Hayward than #3 not being as good as Lyles. Hayward is a good NBA starter, but how would we view him if he didn't get to touch the ball on almost every possession and be our #1 the last couple years? There are a number of players who will be taken #3 or later in this draft who will be good NBA starters. Every single year the draft provides such players.

Hayward is a good player, but some of you guys are putting him on a pedestal that I don't think he deserves. We had the best defensive center in the league, a very good up and coming Hood, a very well balanced big entering his prime in Favors and we didn't even go .500. Don't preach injuries because they are part of the game.

We had the 11th best point differential in the league without a PG worth a damn. Do you understand what that actually means?

Just clueless.

Lol ok

Too injury prone. I'd like to see a year with much fewer injury

I don't see where he has first tier potential even. I watched video of him yesterday. Wasn't impressed with his game. He isn't suited for the bigger stronger quicker, and more explosive league. He can shoot and dribble but he's not strong not athletic with no explosion, and doesn't get off the ground, looks like a Channing Frye clone. Pretty much a spot up shooter that is really tall
He is the youngest player in the draft. HD is like a full year younger than Simmons. His body will fill out

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We had the 11th best point differential in the league without a PG worth a damn. Do you understand what that actually means?

that if DL had given half a damn about building/balancing the roster we'd have made the playoffs?

that we have to keep talking about 'potential'?

And we have a 3rd year PG who is only 20 years old without much court time and is coming off a major knee surgery. So that alone is supposed to be make us a 2nd round playoff team/relevant? Do you understand what that actually means?

I want to ask an honest question to those who have no desire to trade Hayward -

If Boston were to offer it, would you trade him for Avery Bradley, #3 and #23?

I'd quit Jazzfanz if we made this trade.

What would people view as an acceptable return from BOS for Hayward & Favors? I know it's highly unlikely that we trade one, let alone both, but if we did move Hayward it would make sense to deal Favors as well. I think the discussion would have to start with Smart/#3/2017 BKN pick swap/2018 BKN 1st

I think that would be very reasonable minus Smart. I don't see Brooklyn strike randomly in free agency.

And we have a 3rd year PG who is only 20 years old without much court time and is coming off a major knee surgery. So that alone is supposed to be make us a 2nd round playoff team/relevant? Do you understand what that actually means?

That along with our 6th man playing the full year and our starting C and PF not missing substantial time. Let's not act like Exum was alone in missing games.

But having him back is a clear step up at the 1 from the level of D alone.

But no, him alone will not change the world. DL still needs to dramatically upgrade the bench. Especially at SF.

I'd quit Jazzfanz if we made this trade.
Lol.
Do you think that a roster with murray/bender (#3 pick), baldwin/thon/korkmaz/etc (#12 pick), mercedez bemb (or whoever at 23), hood, exum, favors, burks, gobert, lyles, bradley, mack, and some free agent additions would suck?

I guess I have more faith in our roster and coaching staff than you do.

This team isn't in need of b for a handful of lower quality assets. If we trade him we need to be upgrading one of our starting positions to an A quality asset.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

Lol.
Do you think that a roster with murray/bender (#3 pick), baldwin/thon/korkmaz/etc (#12 pick), mercedez bemb (or whoever at 23), hood, exum, favors, burks, gobert, lyles, bradley, mack, and some free agent additions would suck?

Rookies do nothing to help you win 99% of the time. In fact the hurt you to play them especially early. That would make this team really young, younger than last year. I think that team would be in the lottery again next season.

Does anyone know the possibilities of Boston including their 2017 Brooklyn pick swap in a deal for Hayward?
How would that work? All the variables are hurting my brain.

Re: Boston's 2017 Brooklyn pick swap in a trade for Hayward:

1. 2017 season ends.
2. Let's say Boston has the 23rd pick.
3. We'll say Brooklyn has a top 3 pick.
4. Boston has right to swap for the better pick.

So, is it possible to trade Hayward right now in 2016 for the better of Boston's/Brooklyn's pick in 2017?

Lol.

Yes, yes it would suck. We would have one guy who can score on a semi-consistent basis (Hood), a guy who we desperately hope develops into something (Exum), and then a bunch of guys who needs somebody to set them up. So yeah, our offense would actually be worse, which is really saying something. And our defense would be worse, so that's even better.

Re: Boston's 2017 Brooklyn pick swap in a trade for Hayward:

1. 2017 season ends.
2. Let's say Boston has the 23rd pick.
3. We'll say Brooklyn has a top 3 pick.
4. Boston has right to swap for the better pick.

So, is it possible to trade Hayward right now in 2016 for the better of Boston's/Brooklyn's pick in 2017?

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. I don't think either team would want to do that, tbh.

That's not what I said at all, but carry on making things up, again. You're starting to build up a nasty habit here.

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. I don't think either team would want to do that, tbh.

Yeah, maybe just me whats to do this. You know I don't value Hayward as much as you do (let's not rehash this). But I agree that the #3 pick by itself is nowhere close to decent value for an asset like Hayward. So I'd want the #3 this year + the Brooklyn 2017 pick + filler - maybe this year's 23rd.