What's new

Strength of schedule

I love Donovan but there is no way he deserves to be on the All-star team even with a great January which hasn't even happened.

As far as the schedule being brutal, I agree the league should do a better job in scheduling teams. Even if the Jazz "turn it on" it still doesn't change the fact that we have not beaten the good teams more than losing against them. In the playoffs, the schedule gets really tough and the Jazz will have to play teams they have been losing to the last few months.

I love Donovan but there is no way he deserves to be on the All-star team even with a great January which hasn't even happened.

As far as the schedule being brutal, I agree the league should do a better job in scheduling teams. Even if the Jazz "turn it on" it still doesn't change the fact that we have not beaten the good teams more than losing against them. In the playoffs, the schedule gets really tough and the Jazz will have to play teams they have been losing to the last few months.

However, in the playoffs, you don't play 2 games on the road, get a one home game stand (probably on a back to back) then immediately leave on a three game road trip. The Jazz schedule is full of crap like that.

DwKOveVXQAAmAGB.jpg

Jazz are 9-4 in their last 13 games even with a slew of injuries

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We are a half game out of the playoffs and have one of the easiest schedules in the league left (2nd easiest iirc)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I suppose this is an interesting tweet:

Jazz have 5 more games that are on ESPNs Schedule Alert and red alerts games left.

Fortunately we are on the good end of 4 of those. Including our next game against the Timberwolves tomorrow. They will be playing their 4th game in 6 nights and 3rd in the last 4. Its as much of a scheduled loss as a team can have for Minny. We have to win that game.

We have a bad one against Denver coming up but a good one against the Bucks, Lakers, and Kings in the second half of the season. We had a bunch of bad ones to start the year.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25827795/nba-playoff-race-fatigue-schedule-alerts-matter

Remaining SOS.

OKC with toughest.
Lakers with 3rd toughest.
Nuggets with 4th toughest.

Utah still with the 2nd easiest.

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

I think based on this we can get the 3rd seed. We have the easiest schedule in the West left. I dont think we can catch the Nuggets unless they collaspe. But frankly I would love to see us at the 3rd seed with Nuggest at the 2nd. If we beat the 6th seed in the first round I feel pretty confident if healthy we can beat the Nuggets or the 7th seed.

I dont feel like we, or anyone, can compete with GS unless they have an injury to Curry or Durant and even then I would favor GS. The next two teams I would least like to see if healthy are Houston and OKC.

I think based on this we can get the 3rd seed. We have the easiest schedule in the West left. I dont think we can catch the Nuggets unless they collaspe. But frankly I would love to see us at the 3rd seed with Nuggest at the 2nd. If we beat the 6th seed in the first round I feel pretty confident if healthy we can beat the Nuggets or the 7th seed.

I dont feel like we, or anyone, can compete with GS unless they have an injury to Curry or Durant and even then I would favor GS. The next two teams I would least like to see if healthy are Houston and OKC.

Agreed. My hope has been the 2 or 3 seed. Honestly, with a few games left, if that’s nearly impossible, I almost hope we rest guys a little and settle for the 6th or 7th seed.

538 projecting us at 50-32. Still a 2% chance to win it all.
They have us at a 99% chance of playoffs. Which I would agree that it would take some serious collapse to miss the playoffs.

They also have us at a 1606 rating. Last year at this point they had us at a 1492, we climbed to 1703 in the playoffs last year. I expect another big climb in our ELO rating.

Only 10 more losses for the season!

Yep.

At Wolves
At Blazers
At Dubs
At Thunder
At Nuggets
At Lakers

I see those six as losses. We probably lose once to the Spurs, once to the Clips or Pels, and have a couple brain farts.

If we’re healthy and truly gaining focus, I think 52 wins is possible.

That would be perfect. I dont think GS is beatable either unless they have some major injuries.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last year that would have been good enough for the 3 seed and a 2 game improvement. I am expecting the 3 seed this year.

Yep, last year the Rox had 65 wins and the Dubs had 58. The Blazers were the 3rd seed with 49 and then the Thunder, Jazz and Pels were seeds 4-6 with 48 wins apiece.

Given greater depth in the conference with vastly improved Lakers, Kings and Mavs teams this season. I think if we get to 49-50 wins, we should be able to snag the 3rd seed.

Gun to my head, I predict 48 wins and the 4 seed. I have a feeling we’ll lose one to the Clips AND one to the Pels and one to the Wolves, and have 3-4 losses like maybe at the Bulls, Charlotte at home and one more. Prob against the freakin Hawks.