What's new

Strength of schedule

Six more games and then a crap ton of easier/how games await.

I’d love to go 4-2 or 5-1 in this stretch. First up, at home, the Sixers.

Jazz took off during the second half of last season! I'd say they are in position to do the very same thing this year....maybe even better! I think Mitchell will continue to improve as he seems to be "coachable" and Rubino is also got another year under his belt and blends nicely with our big guys underneath the basket! Our bench is more than decent and Korver has been rejuvenated with his change of scenery! 50 wins is certainly attainable and not out of the question! How many games did the Jazz win last year, anyway?

While this is true..... being 16-18 while being relatively healthy all year is unacceptable with the team that we have.

We aren't as good as we thought. If we were a true contender, a top 2/3/4 team in the west like most of us expected, we'd be at least around 20-14 right now.

The schedule has been brutal. But I don't want excuses, I want wins.

As a fan you or anyone can want whatever the heck they want. However having realistic expectations a long side those wants is a good idea.

For me the Jazz are about 2 games behind where I thought they would be in my "realistic" going through the schedule as the season was starting. That's not going through picking game by game but looking at a stretch of games and saying they should win 2 out of those 3 type of thing taking into account teams played, travel, days off and what the team they're playing schedule looked like the day or 2 before.

Now that doesn't mean I didn't think they could and should win more, especially once the games started and doesn't mean I have been disappointed how the defense started and in that Mitchell hadn't made another quantum leap we all hoped considering his rookie year. But he would've had to take one in order for the Jazz to have a better record then what they do and to even sniff your record and your VERY lofty expectations.

As a fan you or anyone can want whatever the heck they want. However having realistic expectations a long side those wants is a good idea.

For me the Jazz are about 2 games behind where I thought they would be in my "realistic" going through the schedule as the season was starting. That's not going through picking game by game but looking at a stretch of games and saying they should win 2 out of those 3 type of thing taking into account teams played, travel, days off and what the team they're playing schedule looked like the day or 2 before.

Now that doesn't mean I didn't think they could and should win more, especially once the games started and doesn't mean I have been disappointed how the defense started and in that Mitchell hadn't made another quantum leap we all hoped considering his rookie year. But he would've had to take one in order for the Jazz to have a better record then what they do and to even sniff your record and your VERY lofty expectations.

54-28 was my expectation. That didn't feel "VERY lofty" by any means after what the team accomplished last season after dealing with a ton of injuries. I predicted 48-34 last season btw. I'm very realistic and accurate in my predictions more often than not.

Their record so far this season is unacceptable. Point blank and period. We've been healthy to this point. There are no excuses.

We are either as good as many including myself expected... or we are not. That simple. So far we are not.

The Jazz really need to complain about this schedule.

Our players are not going to be all-stars this year due to our record. But a team that has had a really easy schedule so far has a better record and their players are more likely to be all-stars.

My bet is that one of our players makes the all-NBA team this year but no one is an all-star. That means a lot to the players to get that honor. Plus its a good chance for players to recruit other players.

Donovan could make it with a good January. Not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility. At guard I'd say Steph, Harden, Russ and Lillard are the only locks.

His efficiency numbers are really bad. Only chance is if he averages like 30 pts on great efficiency, which he won't.

He's currently 11th guard in the west in ppg and 49th in points per possession. So maybe even that 30 pt dream wouldn't get it done.

His efficiency numbers are really bad. Only chance is if he averages like 30 pts on great efficiency, which he won't.

He's currently 11th guard in the west in ppg and 49th in points per possession. So maybe even that 30 pt dream wouldn't get it done.

If he averages 30 pts in January I'd guarantee he'd be an all-star.

If he averages 30 pts in January I'd guarantee he'd be an all-star.

He would still not be in the top 5 guards in the West in ppg, and unless he goes for 70% TS% or some ****, he wouldn't be in top 20 in efficiency. So I don't think it would get it done.

But he won't average that anyway. If Ingles averages 50 in Jan, he'd probably be an all star. lol.

He would still not be in the top 5 guards in the West in ppg, and unless he goes for 70% TS% or some ****, he wouldn't be in top 20 in efficiency. So I don't think it would get it done.

But he won't average that anyway. If Ingles averages 50 in Jan, he'd probably be an all star. lol.

He definitely would be in the top 5 if everything stayed consistent. Again, I'm not implying it's probable but if Don has a good January it is possible he could be an all-star. There's 4 locks as of now. The other West guards aren't exactly lighting the world on fire efficiency wise either.

I went game by game from now until the all star break and I have the jazz going 14-5 which would put our record at 32-25. I think we will be right around 6th in the west by the time the all star break rolls around.

I went game by game from now until the all star break and I have the jazz going 14-5 which would put our record at 32-25. I think we will be right around 6th in the west by the time the all star break rolls around.
I hope so. At quick glance, I see 10 games that we could definitely lose.

Love the optimism Fish, and I also hope you're right.

Favors is in the top 15-25 on a lot of the advanced stats. He should be on the bubble.
Probably doesn't play enough minutes to really qualify. How many all stars have there been that play 23 minutes per game?

I'm guessing it's very few if any.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app