What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

I enjoy mowing the lawn btw. Listen to my headphones and grab some sunshine (and a tan. I don't wear a shirt while I mow). Quite pleasant tbh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

lol

sorry you're so triggered.

If I had to mow twice a week I'd just burn my lawn down. Lawn is like the most boring **** in the world. I don't think grass looks nice. My house has a lawn because it came that way, but I'd NEVER EVER put a lawn in where one didn't exist. Eventually I will get rid of my front lawn and be done with it.

Sorry but this is a horrible take. You’d rather have plain dirt than green grass? Grass is ****ing beautiful.

Eh
Depends on the lawn, soil, rain vs sunshine ratio, etc.

My lawn grows slow as ****. Every other week is plenty. In fact sometimes when I mow it (I usually do about every other week) I can't even tell where I have already mowed and where I haven't mowed yet. I use a pretty short setting on my lawnmower.

Main thing to remember though is that not every lawn is the same in every part of the country. There are different types of grass, soil, environments, etc.
Utah is actually a desert. (Not sure if you knew that or not)

I’m actually in the same situation. I mow every other week and half the time can’t even tell that big of a difference.

Last edited:
I have TruGreen kill weeds six times a year and fertilize. Worth every penny.

I also have a sprinkler system and water 30 minutes every other day.

Do y'all put fertilizer on your grass? How many inches of water a week?
I do weed and feed in the early spring a couple times.

In the summer, even though I have completely turned off my backyard sprinklers, my water usage goes up 4x. I look at my lawn and I just think of how much water I'm wasting on it. I look at the lawns of my neighbors that are super green and well maintained and all I see is wasted water. That doesn't look good to me.

In the summer, even though I have completely turned off my backyard sprinklers, my water usage goes up 4x. I look at my lawn and I just think of how much water I'm wasting on it. I look at the lawns of my neighbors that are super green and well maintained and all I see is wasted water. That doesn't look good to me.

Agreed. It would be one thing if people had small yards, or small areas of lawn with other types of landscaping. But almost every year we are being begged to conserve water as we are the second driest state in the country, but we continue to insist that huge green lawns are a necessity.

And don't get me started on all the people who break their city's watering restrictions and rules. QUIT WATERING DURING THE DAY.

Agreed. It would be one thing if people had small yards, or small areas of lawn with other types of landscaping. But almost every year we are being begged to conserve water as we are the second driest state in the country, but we continue to insist that huge green lawns are a necessity.

And don't get me started on all the people who break their city's watering restrictions and rules. QUIT WATERING DURING THE DAY.
I don't think any Utah towns currently have watering restrictions, do they? This is one of the wettest years on record. (Certainly restrictions have existed in some previous years.)

I do weed and feed in the early spring a couple times.

These

I’d mow myself but the edging absolutely destroys my back (my technique probably blows) so I pay someone too much to do it.

**** it, if I’m gonna die it’s gonna be with a Goddamn good-looking lawn.
Sometime soon (or maybe over the winter, so I can use the advice at the start of the spring) I'll need to start an advice thread on lawns. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get mine looking/feeling good. I water, kill the weeds, occasionally fertilize, mow about every 1.5 weeks, and it still is crap. I'm almost to the point of ripping it out and laying new sod.

I really think that golf courses should have to switch to astro turf. All of them.
Talk about wasting water