What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Pathetic. You have no taste at all.
This more your speed?

images

Sports statistics presented with the teams' logos instead of the teams' names. Like this one, for example https://jazzfanz.com/threads/youre-the-gm-this-offseason-what-do-you-do.108749/page-287#post-1795673. Like I'm supposed to be able to immediately recognize every team's logo? That one is especially bad since the numbers themselves cover up a good portion of the logos.

Also, when player stats are presented using players' faces instead of their names. Like I'm supposed to be able to immediately recognize every player at a glance?

Sports statistics presented with the teams' logos instead of the teams' names. Like this one, for example https://jazzfanz.com/threads/youre-the-gm-this-offseason-what-do-you-do.108749/page-287#post-1795673. Like I'm supposed to be able to immediately recognize every team's logo? That one is especially bad since the numbers themselves cover up a good portion of the logos.

Also, when player stats are presented using players' faces instead of their names. Like I'm supposed to be able to immediately recognize every player at a glance?
Yes, I would think any casual fan knows all the NBA logos at a glance.

Players faces I guess are a slightly bigger issue unless they are stars or you are more than a casual fan.

I think I can spot the team faster and recognize the face faster than the name/team written out.

Embarrassing ads on this site that I have to quickly scroll past in public. I get a lot of date an Asian ads with women in sexy poses. It's embarrassing since people look at my phone screen a lot here in China in public.

Embarrassing ads on this site that I have to quickly scroll past in public. I get a lot of date an Asian ads with women in sexy poses. It's embarrassing since people look at my phone screen a lot here in China in public.

Filthy pervert.

Dude came into my work today having assaulted people in the street, assaulted police and spat on an ambo, he comes in almost daily, we refused to take him. Tonight I'm getting off the train, same arsehole still smelling of urine gets off the train and tries to sexually assault a girl. Transit coppers did nothing, surprised they didn't caution me for giving him a clip, how the **** is this arsehole out on the street?

When someone (my wife) asks me a question with zero intention of even listening to my answer.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

To add on to this, I hate when someone asks for your opinion and completely disregards it. Like why even ask? Example:

*Holding up two shirts one is pink one is green*

Which shirt do you like better?

Me: The pink one

Well, I don’t like the pink one.

Me: WHY EVEN ASK THEN???

Cognitive dissonance. People can’t look past their belief even when the proof is staring them in the face.

Not really a stupid pet peave but, ffs people, you don’t have to cling to your beliefs when there is clear evidence to disprove it.

The new TV (and some movies) cliche of one character telling his/her/zer nemesis "I will end you". Yeah I imagine it sounds good in the writers room, dramatic and dark and bad-***-ish and all, but it is happening way too much now. It's like the only way to say "I'm going to beat you".

To add on to this, I hate when someone asks for your opinion and completely disregards it. Like why even ask? Example:

*Holding up two shirts one is pink one is green*

Which shirt do you like better?

Me: The pink one

Well, I don’t like the pink one.

Me: WHY EVEN ASK THEN???

I ask waiters and waitresses at new places what they recommend then usually disregard it. Sad thing is I know I'm being that guy.

I ask waiters and waitresses at new places what they recommend then usually disregard it. Sad thing is I know I'm being that guy.
Yeah I don't do that unless I've already viewed the menu and feel like I'd be ok with pretty much anything on it. Otherwise you run the risk of the answer being "oooh I love the habanero-mango-vegan-quiche, they use wood pulp to simulate the eggs, it's great!"

I do that a lot as well. But I'm usually trying to decide between a few things. Then they suggest something I don't want.

I don't like when I ask for a recommendation or ask what somewheres specialty is and they just say the most expensive thing.

My wife asks for recommendations a lot but she's pretty specific, she'll say something like "I am trying to decide between this and this, which one would you get?" Or she'll ask something specific to help clear up the description, like "This says it has asparagus, is it steamed or roasted?"

If the server gives decent info we usually leave a better than average tip, and we tip pretty well by default.

We've had answers like "everything's really good" and "it's just whatever you want" which isn't helpful. But most of the time they help my wife pick and she ends up getting the thing she likes more.

My wife asks for recommendations a lot but she's pretty specific, she'll say something like "I am trying to decide between this and this, which one would you get?" Or she'll ask something specific to help clear up the description, like "This says it has asparagus, is it steamed or roasted?"

If the server gives decent info we usually leave a better than average tip, and we tip pretty well by default.

We've had answers like "everything's really good" and "it's just whatever you want" which isn't helpful. But most of the time they help my wife pick and she ends up getting the thing she likes more.

My daughter does the same thing lately. She asks what's most popular. We laugh.

When I checked the weather for a drive from SLC to LA it said 10-20 MPH winds from the south, in other words, headwind. It was probably more like 20 MPH the whole way. Got 28 MPG going 80-90 MPH but could have got 32 MPG with no wind. Looking forward to a tailwind on the way back... if I have a little luck.

But some good news is there was only one construction slow-down and it was brief, and the roads were butter-smooth the whole way. Left at 11, rolled into Santa Monica at 8:00 and got to enjoy the sunset after an easy drive.