What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

People who pronounce ecstatic with no c.

Now I'm wondering about how I say it. Neither way rolls off my tongue with familiarity, so I'm not sure how I say it when I'm not thinking about it. Probably don't use the word that much, though.

The same could be said of et cetera pronounced without the t. Ecetera...
The etc pronunciation that drives me nuts is when they say ex-setra.

Woman holding up the line at the library service desk because she wants them to look up her account, but she did not bring her library card or ID. The librarian explained it to her several times that they could not look up her account by her phone number or name (without ID). She was furious.

I eat mild hot wings in bed. I'm long past anything spicy.

Gotta say mang, KFC wings ain't holding up. Like, they try to do a little spicy thing, even on the unsauced versions. ****'s weak.

They need to bring back their boneless chicken. It was just this mound of chicken in original recipe form.

Or at least their original recipe strips. I'm feeling like they left me behind

People who complain about getting free stuff.
My work provided us with free pepperoni pizza today. I heard people complaining that there weren't other toppings. ************* it's free! If you don't like it then just eat whatever you brought for lunch.
I was happy to eat that pepperoni pizza even though it didn't have jalapeno, bacon, and green peppers on it like I prefer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Speakers (conference, seminar, etc) who, when noticing they are short on time, say, "I'll skip this next section because time is running short"... but who then proceed to cover all of their material regardless.