What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

People would not brag to a cancer patient that they themselves do not have cancer. It is a bit insensitive to point out good health to a sick person. I hope I've never done that, but fear I may have.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
Trump would. He likes people who don't get cancer.

I have fall allergies. Sagebrush and ragweed from what my Dr told me, but I didn't do an actual allergy test, he just made a guess based on my symptoms. Seems legit as I get very congested in the fall SOME years. Not all years, but some. And this didn't begin until I was well into my 30s. So, onto my pet peeve...

Sometimes I mention that I have fall allergies. There's a certain type of person who seems absolutely compelled to respond to that with a boastful declaration that they DO NOT HAVE ANY ALLERGIES!!! YARGH!

Cool ****ing story. You must be a superior specimen of the human species. Thanks for saying that in a way that implies I'm like ****ing defective or whatever because I get congested for 6 weeks 1 out of every 2-3 years (often I get through a fall season without any symptoms).

I have similar one when I tell people I am partially color blind and they start asking me "Oh, so what color do you see here?" pointing at some part of their clothes etc.

I have similar one when I tell people I am partially color blind and they start asking me "Oh, so what color do you see here?" pointing at some part of their clothes etc.
My son is red-green colorblind, and he gets this all the time. Of course within our own family we hounded him for a long time after we discovered this. We fount out in an accidental way. I had just done a color and hearing test at my work, so when I went home I thought my kids might find the color part interesting, so I found a bunch of the dot-number pattern cards and we went through it. My 3 younger were there at first, at the dinner table, and they all got them right. Then my oldest came in the room, he was maybe 13 at this time. I held up 2 or 3 and he got them right, then I hit the red-green cards and he was saying stuff that we all thought he was joking. Then he started to get upset saying "no that is what it says, you are all messing with me" and I knew he was being serious. We ran through all of them and noted his responses then looked it up and he is red-green colorblind, in fact I believe it was a mild to moderate deutan colorblindness. Googled it, yes that was it.

And yes it drives him nuts for the most part when people do this to him. But he also has fun with it and messes with people or catches us all off-guard with off-hand comments, and such. At a yard sale once my wife asked him to bring her the red book, or something, and he came back with a blue toy or something. She said, what the heck is this? And he said, eh, I'm colorblind.

My son is red-green colorblind, and he gets this all the time. Of course within our own family we hounded him for a long time after we discovered this. We fount out in an accidental way. I had just done a color and hearing test at my work, so when I went home I thought my kids might find the color part interesting, so I found a bunch of the dot-number pattern cards and we went through it. My 3 younger were there at first, at the dinner table, and they all got them right. Then my oldest came in the room, he was maybe 13 at this time. I held up 2 or 3 and he got them right, then I hit the red-green cards and he was saying stuff that we all thought he was joking. Then he started to get upset saying "no that is what it says, you are all messing with me" and I knew he was being serious. We ran through all of them and noted his responses then looked it up and he is red-green colorblind, in fact I believe it was a mild to moderate deutan colorblindness. Googled it, yes that was it.

And yes it drives him nuts for the most part when people do this to him. But he also has fun with it and messes with people or catches us all off-guard with off-hand comments, and such. At a yard sale once my wife asked him to bring her the red book, or something, and he came back with a blue toy or something. She said, what the heck is this? And he said, eh, I'm colorblind.

I have it moderate too. My favourite soccer team wears mainly red shorts and jerseys and once or twice it happened that they were playing against a team which wore something very similar (to me, my girlfriend told me that it looked clearly different). I was watching on tv and was able to see the difference on close up camera but on wide angles I just saw twenty guys dressed the same and could only understand which team had the ball by the direction in which they were running with it. Not fun.
Another time it pissed me off when I was playing a plane flying sim and had problem with noticing field airports laid in the grass (I could see them from low atittude but couldn't distinguish from high above).

That's pretty funny

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I have it moderate too. My favourite soccer team wears mainly red shorts and jerseys and once or twice it happened that they were playing against a team which wore something very similar (to me, my girlfriend told me that it looked clearly different). I was watching on tv and was able to see the difference on close up camera but on wide angles I just saw twenty guys dressed the same and could only understand which team had the ball by the direction in which they were running with it. Not fun.
Another time it pissed me off when I was playing a plane flying sim and had problem with noticing field airports laid in the grass (I could see them from low atittude but couldn't distinguish from high above).
I can imagine that would be tough. Luckily I have hyper-color vision. I see colors that don't exist, and imaginary colors. Like blurple, and grorngk.

I never had allergies either, until I did.
Me neither.

Looking back, I have allergies when I was young, but they didn't really get going until i was 42.
I have always had sinus issues, and minor allergies, dependent on where I lived. Never as bad as here in SoCal. I do not know what sets it off, but every year I have 2 allergy seasons that drive me nuts. They thought it was possibly citrus, or palm even, or some other wildflower/weed/tree or something. I got tested for a ton of things. Nothing. But my sinuses go nuts. I have had 2 sinus surgeries to alleviate the sinus issues I have had, and it helped a lot with breathing and sleeping (that and tonsillectomy took care of my obstructive sleep apnea), but now my allergies wreak havoc. I have been using steroidal sprays that help, and twice a year I get a shot, which also helps. Interestingly, one thing I was recommended to do was to eat more local honey. I understood this was a debunked thing that was really no better than a placebo, but we did that and I have seen a decrease in severity. Probably the placebo effect but I will take it, plus it tastes good.

Worst thing, I got a fungal sinus infection. That was absolute hell. Had multiple sprays and antifungals I was taking, lasted 6 months. At times I wanted to drill out my sinuses to relieve the pressure. Used my neti-pot several times per week, per doctor's orders. Finally got rid of the damn thing. Man was that a living hell.

Love the blue toy. That's my type of humor.

The most annoying shoppers at WalMart are the ****ing walmart employees doing the online shopping. They park their big *** rack all up in the way, they DGAF, they stay in the same area for a long time because they're shopping for like 8 people at a time. Go down an isle where they're restocking and have a couple online shoppers and you're ****ed.

The most annoying shoppers at WalMart are the ****ing walmart employees doing the online shopping. They park their big *** rack all up in the way, they DGAF, they stay in the same area for a long time because they're shopping for like 8 people at a time. Go down an isle where they're restocking and have a couple online shoppers and you're ****ed.
I'm sorry. I'm one of the people they are shopping for.

People who think not missing their exit is justification to risk lives.

The overuse and/or misuse of the word icon. I must’ve seen the word used 3-4x in the last week in articles and thought to myself, the writer is a ****ing idiot.

I’ve driving to St. George from my house in Davis County a lot lately. A LOT. It’s ~ 4 hours. That’s getting old.
On a related note, I understand time is money for truckers, but does the semi going 65.5 MPH really need to pass the semi going 64.75 MPH at the exact moment I’m 10 yards behind in the next lane going 85 MPH?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app