What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

When my wife and I go somewhere and I park in probably our if the car and my door is closed within maybe 5 seconds. Then sometimes I'll be half a dozen steps on my way before I turn around and my wife isn't even out of the car yet. I'm like what are you waiting for? We're here, we're parked, next thing to do is get out and walk to wherever we're going. I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
Women.

I hate that my wife always messes with the heater/air conditioner in my truck.
I mean it will be a perfect day out. 70 degrees. Perfect temperature in the truck. My wife will be wearing a jacket or something in the truck and so she will turn on the AC. I cuss her out in my mind. Then a few minutes later she is cold so she turns the freaking heater on. I struggle to resist driving my truck into a building.

I hate that we are ALWAYS running late for everything. Always due to her. Every damn time.

There are about a million things like this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

When my wife and I go somewhere and I park in probably our if the car and my door is closed within maybe 5 seconds. Then sometimes I'll be half a dozen steps on my way before I turn around and my wife isn't even out of the car yet. I'm like what are you waiting for? We're here, we're parked, next thing to do is get out and walk to wherever we're going. I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
Dude, this used to trigger me hard but I learned patience is a virtue. Not saying that to be cute, but for real.

I move at a fast pace and can come across as intense. I have no idea how I can show up anywhere, get out of the car, sing the National Anthem, stretch, pay my bank statements before the lady gets out of the car. It used to and can (if I let it) bug me, but somehow, I've figured it out and it isn't an issue anymore - I submitted. Haha

To me, asking what took you so long triggers her way more than me waiting.

I rarely get very pissed about things and just kinda shrug stuff off and move on. This has me very upset. I'm losing out on over 10% of my vacation. Shouldn't the ****ers have to at least compensate me 10% of my fare? I mean what if tomorrow they change my flight to be leaving a day later than when I booked it? I can't do anything about it.
What if I was going on a cruise and the ship was debarking at 5pm? I would be ****ed.

My sister, who is also going to Hawaii with me on the same flights said that she looked at cancelling and re-booking an earlier arriving flight but all the prices went way up after the stimulus checks were known to be going out. Makes me think they only changed our flight hoping we would cancel and re-book at a higher rate so they get more money from us. My sister said it would cost her about 1,000 dollars more to re-book.
Again, this seems borderline illegal.

Anyone think it would do me any good to call and bitch? I never call and complain but I'm livid right now

Yes, by all means call and complain. Insist they book you on the earlier flight.

When the flavors for things, sno cones in particular this time, aren't named after the actual flavor. Names like Zombie Virus, Zombie Anti-Virus, Brain Freeze, etc .... don't help me in deciding what I want.
That's a good one

So this is going to go up there with the stupidest of the stupid pet peeves but whatever.

The other day I was buying that stupid semi-flavored sparkling water for my wife and kid. Had a few different ones. They came in thin carboard boxes. These boxes have places where you can punch out like a little handle. I don't like to use that feature, easy enough to just grab the box. Well as I'm checking out the cashier makes a point of punching all those out as she slides them to the bagger.

So the pet peeve is when someone else decides to punch out those little handles and reduces the integrity of the little box and makes more likely it's gonna fall apart as I'm carrying 100 bags of groceries in one trip from my trunk to my front door (which is definitely going to be locked).

I have a rug in my office. I put put it about a foot in front of the couch in my office so the back sits about 2 feet from the back of my chair. Almost no one goes into my office but me and I rarely sit on the couch or walk on the rug. But somehow inch by inch the rug scoots across the room until it is backed right up against my chair making it impossible to scoot back. This is a large heavy rug, probably 7' x 5' and probably weighs 20 pounds or something. But somehow this inanimate object moves across a room despite not being touched by anyone. It's blowing my mind and is so obnoxious.

I have a rug in my office. I put put it about a foot in front of the couch in my office so the back sits about 2 feet from the back of my chair. Almost no one goes into my office but me and I rarely sit on the couch or walk on the rug. But somehow inch by inch the rug scoots across the room until it is backed right up against my chair making it impossible to scoot back. This is a large heavy rug, probably 7' x 5' and probably weighs 20 pounds or something. But somehow this inanimate object moves across a room despite not being touched by anyone. It's blowing my mind and is so obnoxious.
Do you live anywhere near railroad tracks? I swear that the rumbling trains, which aren't all that close to our house, moves our rugs during the night. Or gremlins.

That’s the ghost of previous owners pets doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm kind of peeved that I didn't fly during the pandemic. Would have been nice to have some damn room on an airplane while paying very low rates for the ticket.

Plus I might have gotten the bonus of being on a plane with an anti-masker and had some serious pre-flight entertainment watching them get booted off the flight while screaming about their freedumbs.

It’s not about the distance. It’s about being cooped up with 6 little assholes.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
LOL That's what a vasectomy is for. Avoiding little assholes. You know you can drop them off at a firehouse, no questions asked. I'd start with telling them this. Tell them that is what happened to their oldest sibling. It might make them think twice.

It’s not about the distance. It’s about being cooped up with 6 little assholes.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
LOL That's what a vasectomy is for. Avoiding little assholes. You know you can drop them off at a firehouse, no questions asked. I'd start with telling them this. Tell them that this is what happened to their oldest sibling. It might make them think twice.