What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Paper towels in public restrooms that require you to pull one out at a time, but the paper is complete garbage and instantly turns to mush with the least amount of water so you have to rip off tiny little mushy pieces until enough of your fingers are dry that you can actually pull an entire sheet out of the stupid dispenser.

Paper towels in public restrooms that require you to pull one out at a time, but the paper is complete garbage and instantly turns to mush with the least amount of water so you have to rip off tiny little mushy pieces until enough of your fingers are dry that you can actually pull an entire sheet out of the stupid dispenser.

I’m not sure which is worse, this or the 1980’s era blowers that move less air than the wing of a mosquito.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m not sure which is worse, this or the 1980’s era blowers that move less air than the wing of a mosquito.

a5e919207b861a8378f24cc2f1bd7896--funny-images-funny-photos.jpg

The 80's blowers give free bacon.

1651499902103.png
In truth, there have been studies that all air dryers circulate bathroom particles and are not sanitary:

Even worse, many people don't adequately wipe their ***, so when they swim they leave fecal matter in the pool. 10 grams on average for kids.

About 8 in every 10 pool inspections find serious health code violations. Of those eight, one will be so serious that the pool has to shut down immediately. Lots of these violations have nothing to do with the actual detection of bacteria or viruses. They’re more to do with whether there are enough disinfecting agents in the pool. But that’s exactly how you end up with outbreaks—failing to disinfect properly. The CDC estimates that half of all spas are in violation of the health code and that one in nine should be closed immediately. That’s gross. Communal water is gross. On top of that, chlorine, which breaks down the walls of bacteria and viruses, is not effective at killing Crytosporidium. One sick person can contaminate an entire pool.

Hanging out in public toilets again? We have a whole bunch of good laws against that in this country. You should be ashamed of yourself....

Hanging out in public toilets again? We have a whole bunch of good laws against that in this country. You should be ashamed of yourself....
Wait there are laws against hanging out in restrooms? Well good thing I can still place hidden cameras then.

The 80's blowers give free bacon.

View attachment 12049
In truth, there have been studies that all air dryers circulate bathroom particles and are not sanitary:

Even worse, many people don't adequately wipe their ***, so when they swim they leave fecal matter in the pool. 10 grams on average for kids.

About 8 in every 10 pool inspections find serious health code violations. Of those eight, one will be so serious that the pool has to shut down immediately. Lots of these violations have nothing to do with the actual detection of bacteria or viruses. They’re more to do with whether there are enough disinfecting agents in the pool. But that’s exactly how you end up with outbreaks—failing to disinfect properly. The CDC estimates that half of all spas are in violation of the health code and that one in nine should be closed immediately. That’s gross. Communal water is gross. On top of that, chlorine, which breaks down the walls of bacteria and viruses, is not effective at killing Crytosporidium. One sick person can contaminate an entire pool.
Mark Rober did an episode on pee in the pool. My take-away was essentially if a pool smells like a standard pool, that means there is pee in there. He showed there are like gallons and gallons of pee in a standard public pool. My policy is I do not swim in public pools.

Of course the ocean is full of fish feces and such, and lakes are full of their own contaminants. Unless you are only swimming in your own pool, or a neighbor's you trust, where you can somewhat control cleanliness, be prepared to swim in fecal matter pretty much wherever you go.

I want some! Not cause I need it at all but I would love to abuse some
My new prescription is 15's. Had to get a waiver for them, but I had been taking 1 1/2 of the 10s, so it was time to step it up. Well technically it isn't "percocet" but essentially the same thing (oxycodone), can't remember the brand.

I am still looking to get an MRI on my neck to see what has gone sideways and hopefully reduce or eliminate the need for pain meds. That is the goal anyway. However getting in to get an MRI, especially since I have to be sedated, is a lot like getting into the DMV without an appointment on a Friday afternoon. Only extended out by several months. The only local place I can do it is Loma Linda University Medical Center, but the don't have any availability until at least August this year. Sucks. And then it will cost me $3.5k minimum as that is the individual deductible on our health plan, plus then 20% "coinsurance".

Man our medical system just sucks.

Man our medical system just sucks.
This reminds me, recently I have been trying to find a doctor for a physical exam. Good lord. Just finding someone that wasn't already booked through the year and was in network was a huge pain in the ***. It doesnt help that sometimes the people who answer the phone calls are clueless. I did finally get an appointment setup but it took way too long.

I hate when people listen to their phones loudly in shared public spaces. Get some damn headphones jackass.

I hate this as well but am I guilty as charged when I do this while listening to The Rewatchables podcast while going for a walk through my neighborhood? Like does a neighborhood count? And tbh, I rarely pass people. And doubt you can hear it if you are 20-25 feet away or more.

I hate this as well but am I guilty as charged when I do this while listening to The Rewatchables podcast while going for a walk through my neighborhood? Like does a neighborhood count? And tbh, I rarely pass people. And doubt you can hear it if you are 20-25 feet away or more.
outdoors not so bad

Do you listen like that because you don't like having an earbud in your ear or safety or something?

In a work breakroom it's worthy of physical punishment.

I have a lot of joint and nerve pain. At the beginning, I was given tramadol to take with Tylenol. And it worked pretty well. But then the powers that be decided that tramadol was a narcotic. After a year of being on it with no issues, no evidence of addiction, I suddenly felt like a druggie looking for a fix. So I have tried other prescriptions to help (Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Lyrica) which are not nearly as helpful and have more side effects for me. I'm going to have a serious discussion with my doctor about going back to tramadol and getting off these other pills. Can't wait to see how that works out.