What's new

Summer League Thread

Now I think I see the disconnect. You think he is down on Bilal cause he stunk and is from France.
I don't think that is the case. I think that if Bilal stunk in a league out of Uruguay or something then he would still be down on Bilal.
Then why even make a point about him being from France? It's ****ing dumb. I'm sorry but it is. If he sucks because of things you can see on the floor, why make a point about something so irrelevant?

This has to be one of the dumbest discussions on this board. You have a player in the same league, ON THE SAME TEAM that is universally considered the best prospect in however many years and literally everybody would take him no.1... but the problem with Bilal is not that he's unproductive period... it's that he's unproductive in France... DA ***!!?!?

You all are putting way too much emotion into Summer League. Guys are using it as a crystal ball to predict the future of who is going to be great and who isn't. People need to relax and watch players play actual NBA games for a few years. This draft class looks deep and talented, but it is also very young and inexperienced. I am excited to watch these young draftees in the next few years to see who pans out. I am hoping for a couple of the Jazz draftees to be productive players and part of a championship competing team. That would be wonderful but at this point I have no idea if any will develop into viable NBA players.

Then why even make a point about him being from France?

Because that is where he played.

If he played in the china league then that is likely the league that would get discussed in regards to bilal.

If he came from a league that pumps out lots of nba players then the league probably wouldn't get discussed though even then teams get discussed sometimes. I see kentucky mentioned a lot in the draft thread. I saw folks talking about how certain teams use certain players (keyonte george playing out of position for example.) or how some teams offenses suck (arkansas with anthony black). Its ok to discuss where a player played. Especially if a player played at a place that rarely produces quality nba players.

Last edited:
Bufkin with 7 assists! Also with 5 turnovers

Bufkin with 7 assists! Also with 5 turnovers
Bufkin is long ways from being a legit NBA player. Has had some good moments in SL but also really bad ones, and perhaps more of the latter.

Those who give huge value to flashes may be high on him, but I prefer to look for things that a player does well consistently and Bufkin doesnt check many boxes there yet.

Bufkin is long ways from being a legit NBA player. Has had some good moments in SL but also really bad ones, and perhaps more of the latter.

Those who give huge value to flashes may be high on him, but I prefer to look for things that a player does well consistently and Bufkin doesnt check many boxes there yet.
Bufkin was the most consistent well rounded player of all the guard prospects throughout the college season. You're probably just overreacting to a abd SL.

Then why even make a point about him being from France? It's ****ing dumb. I'm sorry but it is. If he sucks because of things you can see on the floor, why make a point about something so irrelevant?

This has to be one of the dumbest discussions on this board. You have a player in the same league, ON THE SAME TEAM that is universally considered the best prospect in however many years and literally everybody would take him no.1... but the problem with Bilal is not that he's unproductive period... it's that he's unproductive in France... DA ***!!?!?

It’s truly insane. He averaged like 5 points a game, but also did you know that Killian Haynes happened to step on a French LNB court!!!

Before the draft I expressed my concern about these sophomore guards who pop after a mediocre freshman season in college. Recent history has not been kind to them in the NBA.
Johnny Davis comes to mind as another although Bufkin has the better all around tools.
FWIW from all the rumors the Hawks might make a big splash between now and training camp to potentially acquire either KAT or Siakam. I'm a bit doubtful Bufkin is
even on their roster in a few months.

It’s truly insane. He averaged like 5 points a game, but also did you know that Killian Haynes happened to step on a French LNB court!!!
Its insane to think its insane to discuss where a player played when a discussing a player.
Literally every player drafted is mentioned where they played at prior to being drafted and some places have a better track record than others.
for instance, im not sure if you follow college football but players who play at alabama are generally thought to become better players in the nfl than players who play at unlv. Its really not unusual. And not a big deal. certainly not insane lol.