What's new

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if I’m wrong but don’t the Rs have ALL the cards on this?

They control both houses and all the committees. Not to mention the nuclear option?

Can’t they just ram this through in like 2 months?

Sounds like your job sucks. Sorry man, but I’m just being honest. Not all unions are that great either. Provo’s association is known throughout the state to be weak. I think it’s a combination of being sandwiched between two major universities which provide the schools with a cheap labor source and an association that just doesn’t play hard ball.

Hopefully things change for the better for you. You could join the union and run as a rep. Once you’re in a position you could probably change the course of your association and force your employer to pay you your just dues.
I'm really happy with my current job. Our union just negotiated a 5 year contact that doesn't come close to keeping up with inflation, and they got very little for giving up our pension. So I'm not happy with my union and not happy with how they pushed us with scare tactics to approve it on the first vote.

I don't know how what I'm saying makes it sound like I don't like my job. I like it a lot and I like the people I work next to everyday. I don't want my pay to push me out of an otherwise really good situation. But it might.

Lmfao, damn you’re a sad person. I pay and will continue to do so. Kick rocks bigot.

You also have an astounding lack of reading comprehension.

Sad person? Bigot? Lack of reading comprehension?

This post has been reported.

Refute with facts or offer a different opinion. But posts filled with vitriol and insults will merely get you reported and ignored. Aren’t you one of the people who claim to care about civility? Show it by your actions then.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but don’t the Rs have ALL the cards on this?

They control both houses and all the committees. Not to mention the nuclear option?

Can’t they just ram this through in like 2 months?

Yeah they could have repealed the ACS too but they couldn't hold Senate Republicans together so...

52 Republican Senators
McCain probably won't vote (dying and stuff) That means 2 Republicans can block a nominee.

**** are you talking about? it's easier to get a non union job than a union job. For one thing there's way more of them. for another they tend to be less sought-after because there's not someone representing your interests. If you can get a union job then there are plenty of people who would love to hire you without union protections.
I interviewed for a job at a university where all faculty had to be members of a union. As things ended up they didn't offer me a job but another university did (which I took), but the situation could easily have been reversed. In that case I would have basically been forced into a union job. Either that or change my planned career before i even got started. Bottom line, things aren't necessarily so cut and dried as you are suggesting.

Sad person? Bigot? Lack of reading comprehension?

This post has been reported.

Refute with facts or offer a different opinion. But posts filled with vitriol and insults will merely get you reported and ignored. Aren’t you one of the people who claim to care about civility? Show it by your actions then.

Read the thread. I talked about paying before you ever quoted me. Post #22 to be exact.

Report away. You are a bigot as you have demonstrated over and over and over again. Right here on Jazzfanz. I’ll gladly take the hit for that.

I'm really happy with my current job. Our union just negotiated a 5 year contact that doesn't come close to keeping up with inflation, and they got very little for giving up our pension. So I'm not happy with my union and not happy with how they pushed us with scare tactics to approve it on the first vote.

I don't know how what I'm saying makes it sound like I don't like my job. I like it a lot and I like the people I work next to everyday. I don't want my pay to push me out of an otherwise really good situation. But it might.

Sounds like your union is weak. I don’t know what you do for work but there’s more to consider. The market can sometimes be cruel no matter how hard union leaders want to fight. For example, 2007-2009 were tough times for public workers. We were flooded with people returning to public education to teach and districts saw a loss in funding. This left districts with a glut of educators to choose from and dwindling tax dollars to throw around.

That left us without a bargaining chip.

But since then the economy has recovered, the need for more teachers skyrocketed with the population and the supply of teachers dried up. This gave us leverage to negotiate better deals on behalf of the teachers.

So it just depends. Your leadership could be weak and/or the market that you’re in could be poorly suited for negotiations.

Read the thread. I talked about paying before you ever quoted me. Post #22 to be exact.

Report away. You are a bigot as you have demonstrated over and over and over again. Right here on Jazzfanz. I’ll gladly take the hit for that.

You mad bro?

There’s a right way to express oneself and a wrong way. It’s sad that you’re choosing to be like this. You should read the post I was responding to.

If you felt like I wasn’t understanding your situation you sure could’ve corrected me in the right way. Your vitriol at me says more about your character than mine

There’s a right way to express oneself and a wrong way. It’s sad that you’re choosing to be like this. You should read the post I was responding to.

You should read your post history before you try to lecture anyone on how to be.

You should read your post history before you try to lecture anyone on how to be.

Let’s continue this via PM if you really want to instead of making this a personal spat in a completely unrelated thread. Again, there’s a right way and a wrong way to communicate.

Let’s continue this via PM if you really want to instead of making this a personal spat in a completely unrelated thread. Again, there’s a right way and a wrong way to communicate.

I see no reason to have a private convo. There’s a reason I very rarely engage you. I’m a fan of learning things from people. And almost everyone has something enlightening to teach me. I see nothing to gain or learn from discussion with you.

Bye.

I see no reason to have a private convo. There’s a reason I very rarely engage you. I’m a fan of learning things from people. And almost everyone has something enlightening to teach me. I see nothing to gain or learn from discussion with you.

Bye.

Fine with me. Just don’t respond to my posts. Personal insults and vitriol accomplish nothing, especially since you feel like engaging in debate with me is so unproductive. Quite honestly, I don’t Understand why you insist in responding to my posts anyway.

So...

I am definitely not on board with this whole white dudes "reclaiming" the bigot word thang.

We all hear the undercurrents of that word. We all hear the moral equivalence that is implied. It's not cool. Let's reserve the bigot word for, ya know, words and actions that are similar to the image we all see when we hear that word.

kkk-members-with-child.jpg

So...

I am definitely not on board with this whole white dudes "reclaiming" the bigot word thang.

We all hear the undercurrents of that word. We all hear the moral equivalence that is implied. It's not cool. Let's reserve the bigot word for, ya know, words and actions that are similar to the image we all see when we hear that word.

kkk-members-with-child.jpg

No one can reclaim it as no one owns it. It can apply to people of all groups and sometimes entire groups.

I firmly stand behind my statement regardless of how you feel about it.

For the record, I’d go far harder at people represented by this picture.

No one can reclaim it as no one owns it. It can apply to people of all groups and sometimes entire groups.

I firmly stand behind my statement regardless of how you feel about it.

For the record, I’d go far harder at people represented by this picture.

If you asked 100 people to give you a synonym for the word Bigot; what do you think would be the first word out of their mouth?

You are either incredibly ignorant about the society in which you live or you just don't ****ing care.

If you asked 100 people to give you a synonym for the word Bigot; what do you think would be the first word out of their mouth?

You are either incredibly ignorant about the society in which you live or you just don't ****ing care.

Bigot? One word. I’d think several words.

Sexist, Racist, Homophobe...

But I just don’t really put up with BS. Especially in person.

Replace the words “republican” or “trumpet” with black, Jew, woman...in the long standing history of his posts and what do we have? In my strong opinion we have bigotry.

Now clearly the history and power dynamic between these groups and “the right”, or white males as you state, isn’t even remotely comparable. Like, at all.

But idiotic hate at its base level is idiotic hate. In this case it’s simply politically based. Both the “left” and “right” demonstrate this constantly.

So I’m neither ignorant or uncaring. Simply unwilling to remain silent forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.