What's new

Take-Out

It’s not the path. I had some leftover from a mini bbq. A healthy kind with plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo, etc.
This is the only reference to potato salad that’s appropriate:

Sort of surprised Chick Fila never had a potato salad. There Cole slaw was amazing and it stinks they don’t do it any more.

lol, the food was cold when I took the pic (makes a significant difference) and I made it with stuff I needed to use or eventually throw away. I don't cook with hamburger much but this was when the stores were bare and I bought what I could, which was hamburger. It's in a homemade bone broth for what it's worth and however it looked it was pretty good for a meal.

Bout to cook this for dinner

20200626_171518.jpg

Was delicious. Came out pretty good, never cooked a waygu steak before
I think I was just getting back at you over my vegetable beef soup.

But whatever, your **** is probably garbage.

I think I was just getting back at you over my vegetable beef soup.

But whatever, your **** is probably garbage.

Unfortunately I had to cook it in olive oil cause i had no animal fat to render, was its major failing, still came out pretty good tho.

Bitches meet the eye fillet butt with slow simmered red wine jus

Attachments

• 8DE19BE8-C522-48EC-9C74-1017F4C8D3A2.jpeg
    8DE19BE8-C522-48EC-9C74-1017F4C8D3A2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 936FC949-9D35-4CF1-8EB4-6EB8D9A7EB24.jpeg
    936FC949-9D35-4CF1-8EB4-6EB8D9A7EB24.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 3F72467E-E75F-490B-8812-19F841552E13.jpeg
    3F72467E-E75F-490B-8812-19F841552E13.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
yeah saw Dan Andrews lifeless carcass on the side of the road. Ran over the bastard couple more times to make sure he was dead

Comrade statements like that about general secretary Andrews are counter revolutionary and keep you in the parasitic capitalist mindset. Perhaps a couple of weeks in the basement of the green left weekly's offices for reeducation is what you need?

@Wes Mantooth

This is how I eat my hummus with some rice crackers (crunchmaster that I get from costco). This has been my first break snack for like three years now. I go threw about a quart of hummus a week, buy dried chickpeas in 5lb bags and Lebanese tahini in 32oz jars. Lebanese tahini is the only kind I'll use after trying a dozen or so varieties. I strongly prefer Alkanater Tahini.

iJfaOQf.jpeg

My hummus is pretty strong on the lemon and garlic, well and tahini for that matter. Here's my recipe that is not really like any recipes I find for hummus.

2 cups dried chickpeas, soaked overnight.

1 cup fresh lemon juice (6-7 lemons)

1 cup tahini (Lebanese is best)

1 head of Chinese garlic (doesn't have to be Chinese garlic, but that garlic is MUCH more uniform clove to clove and even more so head to head, plus I think it's a little milder)

3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil

2 Tbsp Kosher Salt

1/2 Tbsp cumin

water to add if it needs to be thinned out a little

First soak the chickpeas overnight with approx 1/4 C of baking soda added to the water and mixed in.

Drain the chickpeas, rinse then add enough water to cover plus about 2 inches,

Cook chickpeas in pressure cooker for 10 min at high pressure. Let sit until pressure naturally releases.

Juice lemons until you have 1C juice. Add to large food processor.

Peel the garlic and add to food processor. Run the food processor to chop the garlic in the lemon juice. Let this sit for a minute or two, the lemon juice will help make the garlic less harsh.

Add tahini to the food processor. Run the food processor for at least 2 min. The result should be a soft paste.

Add olive oil, cumin and salt. Incorporate by running the food processor.

Add cooked and drained chickpeas. Make sure they are drained well or your hummus might be too thin. Run food processor for several minutes. Check for texture and consistency. Should be able to hold a peak but should not be so thick it will snap a cracker while trying to eat. If too thick add a little water, run teh food processor a bit and check again. If too thin... ??? add a little tahini, but really just take note and do better next time. You can use a combo of water and olive oil or just olive oil to thin it out if you'd prefer. If it's a bit rough and not too thin add a little olive oil. If it doesn't get better then think about what you did wrong soaking and cooking the chickpeas, may need to cook them longer if you soaked them for at least 8 hours.

I'll post more recipes but just want to say that I'm a big fan of cooking by the 1s. That is to say, I'm much more inclined to use 1 head of garlic over some number of Tbsp or 6-8 cloves or whatever. Much more inclined to use 1 C of lemon juice over 3/4 C or 1 1/4 C. Sometimes it's necessary but not very often. I brew my beer the same way. As close to whole or half numbers as possible.

I made some butter chicken tonight. Tomorrow, maybe Cajun pasta.

I'll post more recipes but just want to say that I'm a big fan of cooking by the 1s. That is to say, I'm much more inclined to use 1 head of garlic over some number of Tbsp or 6-8 cloves or whatever. Much more inclined to use 1 C of lemon juice over 3/4 C or 1 1/4 C. Sometimes it's necessary but not very often. I brew my beer the same way. As close to whole or half numbers as possible.

dude .. no fun

dude .. no fun
Uhm, what?

I make pretty good beer (won over 20 awards for it), I cook almost daily and occasionally make really awesome food. Brewing by the 1s and cooking by the 1s is a beautiful approach to use. People sometimes get caught up in the false notion of perfection when it comes to these things, and in that pursuit they lose track of making something good. Brewing and cooking by the 1s is freeing and allows you to be more creative and more intuitive.

I'm good at cooking and good at brewing because I try to develop a deep connection to the ingredients I use. I also realize that almost no one can taste the difference between 6 cloves of garlic and 7 in a large pot of soup. No one can tell you the IBUs (international bittering units) in your beer by tasting it and the recipe software is an estimate based on an estimate based on an assumption.

There's no reason to make quantities difficult. If I use 1 or I use 2 might make a difference. If I use 1 and 1/16th vs 1, no one can taste the difference. It doesn't matter. The experience doesn't change, just my frustration and lack of enjoyment making the food. And when you aren't making food with love and joy, that's something I think people can taste.

So yeah, I cook and I brew by the 1s.

Last edited: