What's new

The annual “how are you watching the games this year” thread

LP w Amazon fire, plus our cable includes NBATV. Of more immediate concern is how I’m going to watch my NFL team here in a few weeks. I haven’t had to go to a sports bar in several years now and I’m very pleased about that.

If watching in Utah are all live LP games blacked out ? and if so how long before the games are available to replay?
Yes on the blackout if your phone/home internet is based in the Utah-ish broadcast area. No idea on the replay.

So I’m now seeing that the first preseason game is a week away. I still have no idea what I’m doing for games this year. I may go back to league pass and a VPN, but not sure if they’ll blacklist more of those.

This thread serves as a yearly reminder as to why I still pay for TV.

I completely understand that there’s Jazz fans living outside the country and streamers that either can’t pay for a cable/satellite or choose not to so they have to get creative when it comes to watching Jazz games but I’m the perfect combination of somebody who’s not super tech savvy and loves the comfort of knowing each and every Jazz and Ute game is just a click away.

I’m also really surprised Ryan Smith didn’t use his first full offseason to make his Jazz more accessible via streaming but maybe there’s current contracts he’s waiting to expire.

I live in Portland and I need replay on demand so I guess league pass it is for me. Bummer cuz I had like 30 referrals on hehe. Had like 5 years free built up

So I’m seeing Directv has a streaming option with no contract for $85/mo. They claim “the most local sports.” I’ll have to look at this tomorrow. Sounds new. It may be a winner. I definitely don’t want a contract.

I'm leaning towards the 1 team NBA league pass. It's $120 for the season. Living outside of Utah, I think it should work ok.

I'm leaning towards the 1 team NBA league pass. It's $120 for the season. Living outside of Utah, I think it should work ok.
This is what I did before hehe. But I live in LA, so there are tons of blackout games. And the product itself (the website/digital product) sucks.

rip hehe.

I buy lp through my provider (youtubetv this yr). I give the "online" access to two friends and we split the cost.

I've still used first row sports with success. The ads and blind links suck but in the end I still get the game.

I've still used first row sports with success. The ads and blind links suck but in the end I still get the game.
I need to be able to watch after the game airs, unfortunately. But I used first row a few years ago. Was mostly fine

How will I be watching? Same way I always do… with @Hearsky’s mom on my lap.
That’s where you and I are different. I watch games with your mom’s face pushed into the coach, *** up, ball gag tightly fitted, slappen happy and yelling “Buckle up. I’m gonna Jacknife you with a patented 50$ dollar donation money ball by Mountain Mike!”

#%*£!!!!!! Hehe!!!!!

How are we in 2021 and I don’t have a path to purchase every single game outside of some antiquated cable ****ing TV contract.

I’m mad and upset and I can’t be consoled.
I agree. I thought the deal was going to be re-negotiated and they would carve out a streaming option. Apparently not. Now those of us with youtube tv are screwed. Not sure how we’re in 2021 and fans living in Utah are screwed unless they bow to Comcast or Dish.

#%*£!!!!!! Hehe!!!!!

How are we in 2021 and I don’t have a path to purchase every single game outside of some antiquated cable ****ing TV contract.

I’m mad and upset and I can’t be consoled.
I would love a pay per game option, with unlimited streaming of completed games. Living in Eastern Standard time, Jazz season is brutal on my sleeping schedule.

I agree. I thought the deal was going to be re-negotiated and they would carve out a streaming option. Apparently not. Now those of us with youtube tv are screwed. Not sure how we’re in 2021 and fans living in Utah are screwed unless they bow to Comcast or Dish.
Not sure on the channel options (I really wouldn’t watch anything besides Jazz games) but this Directv streaming option w/o contract is $20 more than YouTubeTV.