What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Al-O-Meter

“Trump Said He Would “Strongly Consider” Appointing Judges To Overturn Same-Sex Marriage Decision. Asked on Fox News Sunday “WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?” TRUMP: “I would strongly consider that, yes.” [Fox News Sunday, 1/31/2016; VIDEO]
I'm going to use Ron Mexico's anti-Trump document to debunk your HRC anti-Trump document.
"in November 2016, a few days after he was elected president, Trump suggested that he did not, after all, plan to nominate justices who would overturn the Obergefell ruling."

The biggest "attack" on gay marriage either source could find was Trump's signing of the First Amendment Protection Act to prevent gay couples from using the power of the government to force bakers to make them wedding cakes against their will. The tactic used by the HRC document is the exact same I described earlier. The second sentence is "He has embraced the nation’s most odious anti-LGBTQ law, North Carolina’s HB2" which is the transgender bathroom issue expanded into a broader LGBTQ+ attack to claim opposition to gay marriage.

You can take old statements out of context and point to endless numbers of puff statements made by Trump, but can you find support for any previous US President being more pro-gay than Trump was on his first day in office?

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
“Trump Said He Would “Strongly Consider” Appointing Judges To Overturn Same-Sex Marriage Decision. Asked on Fox News Sunday “WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?” TRUMP: “I would strongly consider that, yes.” [Fox News Sunday, 1/31/2016; VIDEO]

He’s also said he was “the least racist person there was anywhere in the world”, and I don’t take that seriously, either. The degree to which he lies and/or exaggerates to the hilt, how many times has he claimed to know more about something than anyone else? He couldn’t even leave a weather map alone without making it conform to his hyperbolic reality.

Mr. Hyperbolic…

He's the most least person in the world.

Reactions: Red

Red

You can take old statements out of context and point to endless numbers of puff statements made by Trump, but can you find support for any previous US President being more pro-gay than Trump was on his first day in office?
Well, I don’t know. Something must have happened after that first day I guess…..

Al-O-Meter

Well, I don’t know. Something must have happened after that first day I guess…..

The supposed 8 worst attacks

attack #1 : not against gay marriage
attack #2 : not against gay marriage
attack #3 : not against gay marriage
attack #4 : not against gay marriage
attack #5 : not against gay marriage
attack #6 : not against gay marriage
attack #7 : not against gay marriage
attack #8 : not against gay marriage

You've also not proposed support for any prior US President who was more pro-gay marriage than Trump. All you are doing is posting misdirection after misdirection after misdirection. Do you have anything that actually speaks to the issue or are you willing to concede that no prior US President was more supportive of gay marriage at the start of their administration than was Trump?

The Thriller

But trump doesn’t have any ideology or political views. You’re still considering him like you would any normal president who has underlining political ideologies, historic understandings, and an ethical code.

He’s an empty husk; a malignant narcissist. He has bo conscience. He’s little more than an animal that eats, craps, and has sex with females. Yes, he has a racist streak. Yes, he’s a misogynist. And yes, his higher brain functions are slightly above those of an average ape.

But like any transactional leader, he’s corrupt. Whether we’re talking about Putin, Orban, Pinochet, Bolsonaro, or Berlusconi (best comparison to Trump tbh), He does whatever he thinks will keep him in good graces with his base. His base keeps him in power and rich. He feeds off of their adoration and provides them with red meat (usually culture war issues). That’s typical of every populist who has ever come to power.

So if his base demands getting rid of gay marriage, he won’t hesitate to try and make that happen. Considering Trump’s base, it’s pretty easy to connect the dots on where civil rights would go for minorities, women, and gays if Trump is returned to power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red

Red

are you willing to concede that no prior US President was more supportive of gay marriage at the start of their administration than was Trump?
He was the first president elected following the 2015 SC decision on gay marriage.

I am aware that Trump said he was “fine” with gay marriage during his 60 Minute interview a week after the 2016 election. But, I would have to have been unconscious since 2015 to ever believe a word Donald Trump says. What you are asking me to concede would require I take Donald Trump at his word. That would be hard, if not impossible to do. After all, this is a man, who through words, alters reality as he sees fit. And reality is always altered, in his case, to shed the best light on him. Repeatedly. How many lies did The Washington Post note of this man? It numbered in the thousands when all was said and done. This is the single most “pathological” liar(IMO) to ever occupy the Oval Office. So, no, I cannot concede that, even with his own 60 Minute statement right there on the record. His word, and his words, like so many of his “nobody knows better than me” statements in that YouTube clip I posted, simply lacks any and all credibility to me. So no, what he said at the onset of his only term(so far) means absolutely nothing to me.

The Thriller

Wow!

I’m definitely not tired from all of this winning!

The number of Americans filing initial unemployment claims fell to 199,000 — the lowest level since November 1969 — the Labor Department reported Wednesday.

Claims were down more than 71,000 in the week that ended November 20 compared to the previous week. This marks the eighth straight week of declines and represents a major turning point as claims fell well below levels seen before the pandemic. In 2019, average weekly jobless claims hovered around 220,000.

JazzGal

Contributor
It is interesting that the unemployment rates are so low. Apparently the worker shortage was not because of stimulus money or heightened unemployment pay, as conservatives believed.

They mentioned on the news last night that people have not taken on second jobs like they did in the past, which were often the jobs that need filling now. I guess the pandemic helped people see they could get by with less.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Thriller

How weird is it to not have a president who talks about all of his haters and losers during holidays?

He just gives a nice message along with his decent wife! It’s almost like they love each other. Did Jill plagiarize from anyone? So weird!