What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Sadly a lot of the best examples in Trump's own words were removed by Jack Dorsey but here is an article from 2016 before he took office:

Most of the attacks on Trump as being anti-LGBTQ+ stem from the 'T' part, not the 'LGB' part. Trump was fine with gay marriage but against allowing men into girl's bathrooms and putting the military on the hook to pay for genital swaps. Advocates took those anti-'T' stances and falsely broadened them into greater attack on LGBTQ+ community.
So when you said he was PRO gay marriage that might have been a stretch. He was fine with the ruling by the courts. Which means he might be fine with the courts ruling against it. Seems kinda neutral to me more than pro or anti. Which is fine.

Don't be silly. 'Murder' requires that something be illegal. It is the legal, intentional, planned homicide of babies that many Republicans find distasteful.
What if the babies were aborted in self defense? Mothers do die quite often from childbirth.

So when you said he was PRO gay marriage that might have been a stretch. He was fine with the ruling by the courts. Which means he might be fine with the courts ruling against it. Seems kinda neutral to me more than pro or anti. Which is fine.
If it were just that article, I'd say that is fair but there is quite a bit more. Here is another article dating to before the 2016 election, from an anti-Trump outlet, showing Trump holding a rainbow flag at one of his rallies. There were tweets from Trump's twitter feed in which he claimed to be proud of being the most pro-gay President in US History. You will not find anything of the sort from any other US President before they became President. Some believe, including the author of this article, that Trump picked Pence as a running mate to appeal to those who otherwise would see Trump as too gay friendly.

If it were just that article, I'd say that is fair but there is quite a bit more. Here is another article dating to before the 2016 election, from an anti-Trump outlet, showing Trump holding a rainbow flag at one of his rallies. There were tweets from Trump's twitter feed in which he claimed to be proud of being the most pro-gay President in US History. You will not find anything of the sort from any other US President before they became President. Some believe, including the author of this article, that Trump picked Pence as a running mate to appeal to those who otherwise would see Trump as too gay friendly.
Trump also said that he had a good brain, so we've learned to take his statements with a grain of salt.

Fine. He was against letting adult humans having a Y chromosome being in the same public restroom with young humans who didn't have a Y chromosome.
Unless those young adults with the Y-chromosome also had androgen insensitivity syndrome, in which case he would have been just fine with it.

That the adult having a Y chromosome also has a mental dysphoria doesn't help. Happy? The point is that has nothing to do with gay marriage.
Now you're just being bigoted.

Loudoun County School Board Superintendent Scott Ziegler, is that you?
This is the best I can mke of his thinking, no endorsement implied.

For the unaware, an boy (who seems to have been AMAB) raped a girl in a girls bathroom in Loudoun, and later a different girl in a classroom, which therefore justifies keeping trans girls (as opposed to boys) out of bathrooms, but does not have any impact on classrooms for some reason.

Mental Dysphoria is not correct.

Some, not all, some transgender people have at some point experienced Gender Dysphoria, which is an unease one can experiences when their gender identity and biological sex do not match. It is not an inevitable life-long condition of being transgender. In fact, by having a good support structure and not being discriminated against it is much less likely that a transgender person would experience Gender Dysphoria. But there are people who actively want to cause this unease and anxiety in transgender people. They do this by mis-gendering them, harassing them, denying them their right to exist as they are.

It was presented, by @AI-O-Meter, as Mental Dysphoria obviously to imply that being transgender is a type of mental illness. That is a pretty disgusting attempt to stigmatize mental illness in general as essentially indicating a person is less than. I'm pretty sure that almost all of us, if examined closely enough, would display some form of mental illness, such as anxiety, a phobia, etc..

AI-O-Meter, I have found your comments on this subject to be intentionally smug and hateful.

It’s okay guys. This isn’t about being vindictive or ownin the libs, it’s about leadership, and abortion, and CRT and Trans stuff and stuff…

The point that the former chief of staff to the president along with his former campaign manager are openly talking about trump becoming House Speaker to own the libs and impeach Biden, tells you how rotten one side of our political environment has become. This is the result of too much prosperity, too much peace, too much Fox News, and too much negative partisanship. Too many Americans take a stable economy and government for granted. Which is amazing considering the last two years of economic hardship, political instability, and Covid death.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Funny (and even more sad) how those who are opposed to trans people expressing their gender are forcing men to use the women's/girl's restrooms.
I, for one, am in favor of men being allowed in women's locker rooms. Time to follow the Europeans on this one.

Have any of you been to Europe? Their bathroom stalls have walls and doors that extend to the floor. George is 100 percent right here

My entire life I have not understood our public restrooms. And they are 99.9% the same in design. I imagine it is building code or something. The only time the design is not the same is when they are individual bathrooms, which is by far a preferable situation. I get that sometimes that isn't practical. Stadiums obviously can't make each bathroom individual (I mean if human history had been altered at some point individual bathrooms might be a non-negotiable, but we are where we are) because of the space requirements. But the doors don't need little peeky gaps all over the place. That makes no damn sense.

Americans seem to have a weird fear that male pedos wait in girl’s restrooms to rape them. It’s something I think is ingrained into our culture but seems completely unfounded in reality. How often do people even have sex in a restroom? Let alone pedos? Seems to me that we could go to unisex restrooms everywhere and see the same amount of sex or less.

People go to the restroom to crap not to have sex.

Yet, we run around afraid of razors in Halloween candy, kids being trafficked, and sex in restrooms while ignoring actual issues, like members of the LGBT community being bullied, churches using inflammatory rhetoric (Holland spoke at Byu a few months ago about “musket fire”), and we promote abstinence only sex “education” that has failed.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
He's leaving out the anti gay marriage things Trump has also said as well as the policies he made while president that hurt the LGBTQ community. His actions as president speak much louder than any conflicting statements he made before becoming president. He's just said whatever he thinks will make him more popular.

There were tweets from Trump's twitter feed in which he claimed to be proud of being the most pro-gay President in US History

“Trump Said He Would “Strongly Consider” Appointing Judges To Overturn Same-Sex Marriage Decision. Asked on Fox News Sunday “WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?” TRUMP: “I would strongly consider that, yes.” [Fox News Sunday, 1/31/2016; VIDEO]

He’s also said he was “the least racist person there was anywhere in the world”, and I don’t take that seriously, either. The degree to which he lies and/or exaggerates to the hilt, how many times has he claimed to know more about something than anyone else? He couldn’t even leave a weather map alone without making it conform to his hyperbolic reality.

Mr. Hyperbolic…

Last edited:
“Trump Said He Would “Strongly Consider” Appointing Judges To Overturn Same-Sex Marriage Decision. Asked on Fox News Sunday “WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?” TRUMP: “I would strongly consider that, yes.” [Fox News Sunday, 1/31/2016; VIDEO]
I'm going to use Ron Mexico's anti-Trump document to debunk your HRC anti-Trump document.
"in November 2016, a few days after he was elected president, Trump suggested that he did not, after all, plan to nominate justices who would overturn the Obergefell ruling."

The biggest "attack" on gay marriage either source could find was Trump's signing of the First Amendment Protection Act to prevent gay couples from using the power of the government to force bakers to make them wedding cakes against their will. The tactic used by the HRC document is the exact same I described earlier. The second sentence is "He has embraced the nation’s most odious anti-LGBTQ law, North Carolina’s HB2" which is the transgender bathroom issue expanded into a broader LGBTQ+ attack to claim opposition to gay marriage.

You can take old statements out of context and point to endless numbers of puff statements made by Trump, but can you find support for any previous US President being more pro-gay than Trump was on his first day in office?

He’s also said he was “the least racist person there was anywhere in the world”, and I don’t take that seriously, either. The degree to which he lies and/or exaggerates to the hilt, how many times has he claimed to know more about something than anyone else? He couldn’t even leave a weather map alone without making it conform to his hyperbolic reality.

Mr. Hyperbolic…

He's the most least person in the world.

Reactions: Red
You can take old statements out of context and point to endless numbers of puff statements made by Trump, but can you find support for any previous US President being more pro-gay than Trump was on his first day in office?
Well, I don’t know. Something must have happened after that first day I guess…..

Well, I don’t know. Something must have happened after that first day I guess…..

The supposed 8 worst attacks

attack #1 : not against gay marriage
attack #2 : not against gay marriage
attack #3 : not against gay marriage
attack #4 : not against gay marriage
attack #5 : not against gay marriage
attack #6 : not against gay marriage
attack #7 : not against gay marriage
attack #8 : not against gay marriage

You've also not proposed support for any prior US President who was more pro-gay marriage than Trump. All you are doing is posting misdirection after misdirection after misdirection. Do you have anything that actually speaks to the issue or are you willing to concede that no prior US President was more supportive of gay marriage at the start of their administration than was Trump?