What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

The difference were the very progressive, soft-on-crime district attorneys who were elected into power and essentially decriminalized crime.
Violent crime was not decriminalized.

In the earlier post I had an image of a shoplifter in San Francisco filling a trash bag in the aisles of a Walgreens.
Property crime has decreased, which runs counter to your soft-on-crime narrative.

I know you desperately want to find fault with anything other than democrat policies,
@LogGrad98 isn't the one sounding desperate here.

Another day another Al trolljob. Yawn
It's sad because there was a brief period where I thought there might be another reasonable person that had several opinions contrary to my own and that I would be able to learn from them and also learn more about my own position on things. That has not been the case.

I just want to throw something out there that maybe one or two will maybe take to heart.

I promise you that you’d be a lot happier if you stopped being so invested in politics and letting politics consume your entire life.

It's sad because there was a brief period where I thought there might be another reasonable person that had several opinions contrary to my own and that I would be able to learn from them and also learn more about my own position on things. That has not been the case.

I promise you that you’d be a lot happier if you stopped being so invested in politics and letting politics consume your entire life.
Who watches the watchmen? I don't know about "happier", but I am truer to my authentic self if I at least keep an eye on political issues.

I actually agree with Fox News and Repubs this time. The DOJ and Dems need to get stronger on crime and lock MAGA up. We should start with Trump tonight. Time to break up that crime family and bring to Justice those who organized and incited Jan 6.

View: https://twitter.com/davidbadash/status/1586036061649924096?s=46&t=FtIPL8TAxHiuxK-SWiE43A

Look at what you made us do!

They incite their viewers to commit violence and then say “democrats need to do more to prevent these violent crimes.” It’s really a genius plan if you think about it.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I just want to throw something out there that maybe one or two will maybe take to heart.

Bad take. Many don't have the luxury of "not being invested in politics". The fundamental well-being of society and us as individuals is dictated by politics. Those who are less fortunate and cannot afford to ignore our governance could benefit from your advocacy. Blissful unawareness is not the same as happiness.

Bad take. Many don't have the luxury of "not being invested in politics". The fundamental well-being of society and us as individuals is dictated by politics. Those who are less fortunate and cannot afford to ignore our governance could benefit from your advocacy. Blissful unawareness is not the same as happiness.
Well, it is for certain segments of the population. It isn't apples to apples, it is apples to gold-foiled fruit of paradise in some cases.

Saw this and found it interesting:
When talking about oil production, one thing that seems to be universally ignored is refinery capacity. There has not been a new refinery built in the US in 50 years. Even if you doubled the US oil production, there is still not enough capacity to refine it. Refineries have been closed over the last several years and the remaining 35 or so run at near capacity. It is extremely expensive to build and maintain one and the producers aren't inclined to invest in something they see as a declining industry over the coming decades as renewables become more prevalent. The world will always need oil, just not near as much down the road. In the meantime, they'll soak us for all it's worth. BTW, the US is the worlds largest oil producer and it's largest consumer.

In the comments section of this article about the causes of the current inflation: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...cy-mistake-in-years-11667318263?siteid=yhoof2

More details of Government colluding with private business. We had a conversation a couple weeks back about Covid censorship, these leaks look like it went a bit further than just Covid.

View: https://twitter.com/aclu/status/1587198479608303622?s=46&t=0Co95voXgpbWyL8Clp64rQ

“the department plans to target “inaccurate information” on a wide range of topics, including “the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic and the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines, racial justice, U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the nature of U.S. support to Ukraine.”

Family values and a clear plan for economic recovery incoming...

Family values and a clear plan for economic recovery incoming...

Just…… wow. Whole lot of crazy in there.
My favorite was kari lake saying that any actor who gets cancelled is now her favorite actor.
Exactly as i have been saying. Want the right to love you? Say something stupid and act like an *** hole, get called out for it and boom, you are the rights newest hero. Bunch of simpletons.

These days the more corrupt and scummy you are the better chance you have of getting republicans to vote for you. Its a beneficial character trait to be a douchebag in the republican party.

Just…… wow. Whole lot of crazy in there.
My favorite was kari lake saying that any actor who gets cancelled is now her favorite actor.
Exactly as i have been saying. Want the right to love you? Say something stupid and act like an *** hole, get called out for it and boom, you are the rights newest hero. Bunch of simpletons.

These days the more corrupt and scummy you are the better chance you have of getting republicans to vote for you. Its a beneficial character trait to be a douchebag in the republican party.

Hmmm...Maybe I should run for office then.

More details of Government colluding with private business. We had a conversation a couple weeks back about Covid censorship, these leaks look like it went a bit further than just Covid.
What I've gotten out of the article so far:
1) The US government is identifying mis/dis/malinformation for social media platforms.
2) The platforms themselves decide to what to remove, label, etc.
3) There are no criminal or civil penalties, nor any other coercion I have seen mentioned.
4) The government wants to handle the process more efficiently and effectively.

Did I misunderstand something?

What I've gotten out of the article so far:
1) The US government is identifying mis/dis/malinformation for social media platforms.
2) The platforms themselves decide to what to remove, label, etc.
3) There are no criminal or civil penalties, nor any other coercion I have seen mentioned.
4) The government wants to handle the process more efficiently and effectively.

Did I misunderstand something?

Ya you missed something. The government is evil!!!! And you didnt make the molehill into a mountain!