What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

"At one point, the Time reporter, Eric Cortellessa, asked Trump if he understood why so many Americans are troubled by what he claimed were his past jokes about being a dictator for one day or terminating the Constitution. The former president replied simply, in one of the most revealing but disquieting answers of the entire interview: “I think a lot of people like it.”

"At one point, the Time reporter, Eric Cortellessa, asked Trump if he understood why so many Americans are troubled by what he claimed were his past jokes about being a dictator for one day or terminating the Constitution. The former president replied simply, in one of the most revealing but disquieting answers of the entire interview: “I think a lot of people like it.”
Most without a blatant agenda are smart enough to understand that he was obviously being sarcastic(edit: facetious)and mocking the absurdity. It's so blatantly obvious he was joking it astonished me that people took it seriously.

Last edited:
So we're helping Palestine residents out and there's a legit chance that Hamas is going to shoot at us?
I'd say there is more than "a legit chance". Hamas has already hit the area as it is under construction..

The bit of SecDef Lloyd Austin's testimony that I don't believe is his claim that US soldiers will be allowed to return fire. There are certain to be cameras everywhere. A large chunk of Biden's voter base is already unhappy with his earlier support of Israel. Can you imagine what those 'Death to America' potential Biden voters will do if footage of US military firing into Gaza from what they'll see as Biden's constructed military battle platform hits the internet? I am absolutely sure Biden's campaign has thought about that, and I very much doubt the US military will be allowed to fire into Gaza, even if they are fired upon, just to avoid potential campaign damaging video.

I guess it’s a fact that a healthy % of citizens in modern Western democracies do have a fondness for authoritarianism.

And he obviously was not joking at all. He’s knew these facts from the start. Any good, instinctual demagogue, understands this fact and uses it to their advantage. He’s certainly said things that were just him blowing off steam, but we can believe him, he knows exactly what he’s doing. The man has demagogue down pat.

I guess it’s a fact that a healthy % of citizens in modern Western democracies do have a fondness for authoritarianism.

And he obviously was not joking at all. He’s knew these facts from the start. Any good, instinctual demagogue, understands this fact and uses it to their advantage. He’s certainly said things that were just him blowing off steam, but we can believe him, he knows exactly what he’s doing. The man has demagogue down pat.
Lol yes he was. My goodness. How difficult is this to understand?

The former president appeared to reference a weekend article from Baker, which came after Trump mocked questions about authoritarianism last week. Trump during an event with Fox News host Sean Hannity told a crowd that he would be a dictator only on "day one," and then he's going to close the border and get to drilling.

"After that, I'm not a dictator, OK?" Trump added.

I'd say there is more than "a legit chance". Hamas has already hit the area as it is under construction..

The bit of SecDef Lloyd Austin's testimony that I don't believe is his claim that US soldiers will be allowed to return fire. There are certain to be cameras everywhere. A large chunk of Biden's voter base is already unhappy with his earlier support of Israel. Can you imagine what those 'Death to America' potential Biden voters will do if footage of US military firing into Gaza from what they'll see as Biden's constructed military battle platform hits the internet? I am absolutely sure Biden's campaign has thought about that, and I very much doubt the US military will be allowed to fire into Gaza, even if they are fired upon, just to avoid potential campaign damaging video.
Thanks, didn't see that. It's unfortunately more than likely only a matter of time until another Afghanistan catastrophe happens. And I dunno, they already call him genocide Joe and they still will vote for him. I'm really confused by these people.

he knows exactly what he’s doing. The man has demagogue down pat.
The man has marketing down pat. He says whatever gets his face in front of people. He previously made an offhand comment containing the term 'bloodbath'. News media went crazy, and since then he uses the term in almost every speech. The news media also went gaga over his saying he'd be a dictator on day one, so now he's leaning in, and it is working. Media is full of dictator stories that put Trump's face in front of millions at no cost to his campaign. Trump is using the media's insatiable appetite for the sensational as a campaign tool, and why not? That same recipe worked to get him elected in 2016.

In this modern day, things don't need to be rational. The outlandish is what rises above to grab attention.

I love this idea that Trump is clever despite all evidence to the contrary.

He never beat the market with all the money daddy gave him and yet he's supposed to be a brilliant business man.

He's supposed to be a world class deal maker but the best deals he ever made was stiffing people and declaring bankruptcy.

He's a media wiz yet he only gets less and less likable and less support the more he opens his mouth.

He loves America so much yet he's been the most destructive force in the U.S. over the last several years.

2+2 clearly equals 5

The man has marketing down pat. He says whatever gets his face in front of people. He previously made an offhand comment containing the term 'bloodbath'. News media went crazy, and since then he uses the term in almost every speech. The news media also went gaga over his saying he'd be a dictator on day one, so now he's leaning in, and it is working. Media is full of dictator stories that put Trump's face in front of millions at no cost to his campaign. Trump is using the media's insatiable appetite for the sensational as a campaign tool, and why not? That same recipe worked to get him elected in 2016.

In this modern day, things don't need to be rational. The outlandish is what rises above to grab attention.

He already tried to take down democracy. What is so difficult to understand about how dangerous a second term would be? Now he's he's outlining his use of the military. Nearly half of Americans want to hand over democracy to an authoritarian bent on revenge and drunk with power. And he's not even hiding it!

He already tried to take down democracy. What is so difficult to understand about how dangerous a second term would be? Now he's he's outlining his use of the military. Nearly half of Americans want to hand over democracy to an authoritarian bent on revenge and drunk with power. And he's not even hiding it!
Oh noes!! How is construction of your bunker going?

Who was it that illegally overstepped the Supreme Court and paid off debts without Congress approval?

Who unconstitutionally fired people for not getting vaccinated?

How many wars are we in now?

I love this idea that Trump is clever despite all evidence to the contrary.

He never beat the market with all the money daddy gave him and yet he's supposed to be a brilliant business man.

He's supposed to be a world class deal maker but the best deals he ever made was stiffing people and declaring bankruptcy.

He's a media wiz yet he only gets less and less likable and less support the more he opens his mouth.

He loves America so much yet he's been the most destructive force in the U.S. over the last several years.

2+2 clearly equals 5

it's stunning to think the dumbass Democrats still refuse to run someone decent who isn't half dead against him. If they did the election wouldn't even be in doubt given Trumps grossness

it's stunning to think the dumbass Democrats still refuse to run someone decent who isn't half dead against him. If they did the election wouldn't even be in doubt given Trumps grossness

Agreed.
Also, it's stunning to think that the dumbass Republicans still refuse to run someone decent who isn't a half dead full douchebag against Biden.
If they did the election wouldn't even be in doubt given Bidens half dead-ness.

The HUGE difference in same sidesing this is that Biden is the current president. The current president, if still in his first term, is almost ALWAYS the party nominee in the next presidential election.

It's quite rare however for a party to have their nominee be the loser in the last election who also attempted a coup, inspired an insurrection, and is under 91 indictments. That probably almost never happens.

When you step back and look at the decisions by the 2 parties to nominate these two choices one of the choices seems kind of normal and typical, though still a poor choice. The other choice seems insane.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited: