What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Does a single person in this country think Joe can serve four more years starting six months from now? And then if he dies in office or goes full dementia we get Kamala? He's going to lose. There is plenty of time for him to step down to save us.
That will not save us. There isn't a better, in terms of electability, candidate to replace him with.

That will not save us. There isn't a better, in terms of electability, candidate to replace him with.
I think trump sucks bad enough that anyone other than Biden would beat trump.
Mayor Pete is gay and that hurts his electability. In a normal year his gayness probably hurts him too much to win. But trumps suckiness is greater than Pete's gayness. I think Pete beats him. As does about anyone. Hell, I think Biden will beat trump too. Problem there is that we are stuck with Biden.

Give me Pete. Maybe his gayness gives trump the win.
Thing is, Bidens oldness might give trump the win too

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Mayor Pete is gay and that hurts his electability. In a normal year his gayness probably hurts him too much to win. But trumps suckiness is greater than Pete's gayness. I think Pete beats him. As does about anyone. Hell, I think Biden will beat trump too. Problem there is that we are stuck with Biden.

I thought the same thing about Hillary Clinton.

I agree. We're one Mitch McConnell-type freeze away from no hope for Biden. I like Pete a lot and think he'd be a great President but I think Michelle Obama is the one who is most likely to capture the imagination of the country on such short notice. I think she has the gravitas to take down The Rapist. She has no personal political baggage beyond being Barack's wife. Buttigieg had some race issues when he was mayor in South Bend that could hurt him with black voters. Either way those two seem to be the best choices.

I agree. We're one Mitch McConnell-type freeze away from no hope for Biden. I like Pete a lot and think he'd be a great President but I think Michelle Obama is the one who is most likely to capture the imagination of the country on such short notice. I think she has the gravitas to take down The Rapist. She has no personal political baggage beyond being Barack's wife. Buttigieg had some race issues when he was mayor in South Bend that could hurt him with black voters. Either way those two seem to be the best choices.
I absolutely hate celebrity candidates. I also hate political dynasties. Michelle Obama would essentially be both. She has zero experience holding political office.

The right would chatacterize it as Barack's third term.

I absolutely hate celebrity candidates. I also hate political dynasties. Michelle Obama would essentially be both. She has zero experience holding political office.

I hate that too, but who would get more votes? And she has just about more experience than anyone who hasn't held the Presidency. Eight years of living it pretty much. Besides, who cares? It's either that or The Rapist. I would take Mike Tyson with Herschel Walker as VP, they'd do less to tear us apart and wouldn't be a threat to become a dictator. It's not hyperbole to say the damage he's already done is minor compared to what would happen with another term.

I hate that too, but who would get more votes? And she has just about more experience than anyone who hasn't held the Presidency. Eight years of living it pretty much. Besides, who cares? It's either that or The Rapist. I would take Mike Tyson with Herschel Walker as VP, they'd do less to tear us apart and wouldn't be a threat to become a dictator. It's not hyperbole to say the damage he's already done is minor compared to what would happen with another term.
I agree. I just hate where things are at right now.

And they would be right realistically. And it would still be better than the potential of another Trump term. And it would never happen anyway.

What is a realistic timeline for Joe becoming so afflicted with dementia that any idea of him not stepping down becomes ununthinkable? What if 12 months from now he's unable to function as President? Six months into his 2nd term. Is it President Harris then? These are questions for right now, not after The Rapist takes the election. It's really pretty stressful to think about but I value this type of discourse and I think the public and the media need to start ratcheting up pressure on Biden by asking the tough questions, especially considering the current trend in the polls.

I thought the same thing about Hillary Clinton.
What happened there was simple

No one thought trump could win so many people who would have voted for Clinton just didn't vote or voted 3rd party.

I think everyone knows now that Trump could win.

Still better than trump or Biden doe

What is a realistic timeline for Joe becoming so afflicted with dementia that any idea of him not stepping down becomes ununthinkable? What if 12 months from now he's unable to function as President? Six months into his 2nd term. Is it President Harris then? These are questions for right now, not after The Rapist takes the election. It's really pretty stressful to think about but I value this type of discourse and I think the public and the media need to start ratcheting up pressure on Biden by asking the tough questions, especially considering the current trend in the polls.
What evidence do you have that he has dementia? That doesn't mean getting old and slowing down mentally, it is something else.

Personally I'm waiting for the debate. Biden has been fine in other things I considered a test, like the state of the union, but a debate without notes is something else. I'll be willing to sound the alarm if he flops, but I doubt his team would allow the debate to happen if they thought that was likely.

Still better than trump or Biden doe

I'll take Biden over Michelle Obama. He's been doing fine. And when I say that I mean his administration has been doing fine. I'll take four more years on this steady course before selecting someone related to a former President. I just don't want that to be a thing, especially when they are not individually qualified but are just seen as a good choice because we recognize them.

I'll take Biden over Michelle Obama. He's been doing fine. And when I say that I mean his administration has been doing fine. I'll take four more years on this steady course before selecting someone related to a former President. I just don't want that to be a thing, especially when they are not individually qualified but are just seen as a good choice because we recognize them.
I take Michelle. She can have the same administration doing the same things that Bidens is doing. But she will be able to walk and talk and stuff too. Which is a nice quality in a president

What evidence do you have that he has dementia? That doesn't mean getting old and slowing down mentally, it is something else.

Personally I'm waiting for the debate. Biden has been fine in other things I considered a test, like the state of the union, but a debate without notes is something else. I'll be willing to sound the alarm if he flops, but I doubt his team would allow the debate to happen if they thought that was likely.

You're right, he doesn't have dementia. He has old age. It's a crisis of image more than substance at this point, but it's causing a shift toward Trump. His State of The Union was very good but he won't get credit for it because people are watching him look confused and slow at his public appearances. If he can have a good debate showing, if the debate actually happens, it'll go a long way.

I take Michelle. She can have the same administration doing the same things that Bidens is doing. But she will be able to walk and talk and stuff too. Which is a nice quality in a president

Michelle Obama would not inherit Biden's administration personnel.

I understand your desire for a President that can walk around. I don't have anything against Michelle Obama. I would take a wait and see attitude if she somehow became President. But I wouldn't go into it having any idea what her character as President would be, if that is something she has even ever had any interest in.

I don't know what it is about her that would make her appealing to do the job of President of the United states. I can understand the appeal of her running to get the job of President of the United States, like strategically. I don't know, I'm just not into it.

I don't know what it is about her that would make her appealing to do the job of President of the United states.

She isn't trump or Biden? Lesser of 3 evils

She isn't trump or Biden? Lesser of 3 evils

Cool. I just don't think that the Biden administration is doing a poor job of being a presidential administration so I don't see him as an evil because even though he is not ideal, his team is doing a good job which means the job of the President of the United States is being done well. I honestly wouldn't want to risk a dysfunctional administration just so that I don't have to be annoyed by Biden being geriatric.

Back