What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

We already all know this but: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...1&cvid=bb737df96396498da2f91418e8e60b0f&ei=74

“Trump‘s apparent limitless resources demonstrate the financial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system,” said Barbara McQuade, a former U.S. attorney who is now a law professor at the University of Michigan. “A well-funded defendant has the luxury of pursuing every defense possible, even taking a flyer on obviously frivolous motions, whereas a defendant represented by a public defender or a low-cost lawyer lack that opportunity because the lawyers are overworked and underpaid.”

Nearly all criminal defendants plead guilty rather than fight charges at trial. But Trump's fundraising of tens of millions of dollars has paid lawyers to argue all the way to the Supreme Court that charges in his federal election interference case should be dismissed.

“Everyone is intended to be afforded equal justice, however, the reality is you receive as much justice as you can afford," said Tim Parlatore, a lawyer who represented Trump during the early phases of the classified documents and election interference investigations.

A federal judge in Florida dismissed 40 charges related to hoarding classified documents after leaving the White House, thanks to Trump's deep pockets funding motions making novel arguments. Those could be reinstated by a higher court, but the process will be lengthy and the outcome uncertain.

Trials are pending on accusations of election interference with four federal counts in Washington and 10 state counts in Georgia, but the Supreme Court ordered a review that could throw out charges in those cases and possibly vacate his convictions.

“Sometimes the defendant has to make that horrible choice like: ‘I can only afford to file one motion.' Which one are we going to file?” Parlatore said.

Nearly 90% of federal criminal defendants − 64,139 out of 71,887 − pleaded guilty last year, according to the Administrative Office of U.S. Courts, which tracks federal cases. About 2% of defendants − 1,564 − were convicted at trial. Most of the rest of the cases were dismissed with a relative handful acquitted at trial.

Trump, in addition to being a self-proclaimed billionaire, has tapped his supporters to pay his legal fees through his Save America political action committee and presidential campaign committee.

Trump's Save America political action committee spent more than $70 million on “legal consulting” from Trump’s leaving office in January 2021 through June 30, according to Federal Election Committee records.

Fred Wertheimer, president of Democracy 21, an advocacy group for transparency in campaign funding, said if Trump is as rich as he claims, he should be paying for his own legal defense because contributing to his legal defense would be “a hell of a way to buy influence with a person.”
“While this may be all legal, it’s wrong and it basically stinks,” said Wertheimer

In summary, its good to be rich when you are charged with a crime. Which everyone already knew. But its most advantageous when charged with a crime to be rich and also to have others paying your legal bills for you and to also have judges and even supreme court justices who you have appointed involved in your criminal cases. But dont be fooled. Trump is the victim here. He is always the victim.

.”“While this may be all legal"
A guy that had to accept a plea deal to not be a RSO is talking about being a victim. My goodness. You go back and accept your punishment for your actual real not fabricated crimes and I'll believe you're not the biggest hypocrite on the planet. Trump was legal you were not.

Not good.

A rocket strike Saturday at a soccer field killed at least 11 children and teens, Israeli authorities said, in the deadliest strike on an Israeli target along the country's northern border since the fighting between Israel and the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah began.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that Hezbollah “will pay a heavy price for this attack, one that it has not paid so far."
“There is no doubt that Hezbollah has crossed all the red lines here, and the response will reflect that,” Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz told Israeli Channel 12. “We are nearing the moment in which we face an all-out war.”

Far-right members of Netanyahu’s government called for a harsh response against Hezbollah. But an all-out war with a militant group with far superior firepower to Hamas would be trying for Israel’s military after nearly 10 months of fighting in Gaza.

That sounds quite ominous. Trump claims he could end all the trouble. Instead of waiting to be elected he should just fix the problems in the middle east right now. Tell Mike Johnson the plan and have him get the solution around to everyone. Or maybe trump should just call Netanyahu up and tell him the plan.

He added: "I love you, Christians. I'm a Christian. I love you, get out, you gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don't have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you're not going to have to vote."

I don’t really interpret this as “I will never leave office”, but “my beautiful Christians” made me laugh, such a 100% phony!

Others see his remarks as a darker message, easy to do really, and Harris is also taking advantage with a darker interpretation. But wait! That really isn’t that far fetched. This is Trump after all. Loves dog whistling.

View: https://x.com/AndrewLSeidel/status/1817016564467511556

Last edited:

View: https://x.com/shaunmmaguire/status/1817096275814191557?s=46&t=BMMZjW7vq0_zwnmLDjNTgQ

Please go watch it. You will see this clip is taken completely out of context. It’s his standard stump speech that Democrats want to cheat and when he is in office he will fix the cheating by voter id’s, same day voting ect. Then he talks with the Christians to vote because this is the biggest election and they don’t usually go vote. So next election when the voting is fixed meaning voter id and same day voting ideas, the democrats can’t cheat and the Christian’s don’t need to vote if they don’t want to.

Another Hoax like couch sex being pushed.

I did not realize you covered this in a different thread before posting the previous comment.

I did not realize you covered this in a different thread before posting the previous comment.
They are taking this quote out of context, just like “very fine people”, “drink bleach”, “stick a flashlight up your ***”. They are doing it again to fit their narrative.

I don’t have to take Kamalas quotes out of context to fit the narrative that she lacks depth on basic topics.

Here is the Border Czar herself being asked about working with the GOP on the border…another 7th grade response with 0 depth.

View: https://x.com/truthorconseq12/status/1817311187614490720?s=46&t=BMMZjW7vq0_zwnmLDjNTgQ

Every poster on this forum would have an answer with more substance than her and none of us are politicians or experts or Border Czars.

The immigration issue is crazy because a lot of the stats say the Democrat president has been way harder on immigration than the Republicans.
He's got a point... Obama deported more illegals than any other president in our history. Like his bloodthirsty voters he hated Mexicans and especially Christian ones with a passion. Sadly hypocrites like CY only care about that when Trump does it.

Last edited:
They are taking this quote out of context, just like “very fine people”, “drink bleach”, “stick a flashlight up your ***”. They are doing it again to fit their narrative.

I don’t have to take Kamalas quotes out of context to fit the narrative that she lacks depth on basic topics.

Here is the Border Czar herself being asked about working with the GOP on the border…another 7th grade response with 0 depth.

View: https://x.com/truthorconseq12/status/1817311187614490720?s=46&t=BMMZjW7vq0_zwnmLDjNTgQ

Every poster on this forum would have an answer with more substance than her and none of us are politicians or experts or Border Czars.
Again, you say she lacks depth on basic concepts.
Meanwhile if you take trumps whole quote in total context then you have to realize just how badly he lacks depth on basic concepts. Like voting and elections. He is saying he will make elections so safe and fair and perfect that he won't need the Christian vote.

You realize how stupid that is right? (I provided the numbers in the other thread but saw no response)

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I thought this was interesting; I think this is great progress and know
Again, you say she lacks depth on basic concepts.
She does and I have provided multiple instances that, which are in context. (Not hard to do)

Yet, when I post them, the argument is quickly changed to “But Trump”. I’m not fighting for Trump.

I’m just posting that another one of his quotes are taken out of context and used to say “That he will turn into Putin/Kim dictatorship and there won’t be any more elections in the USA”

You called me out on this:
“Does that mean that trump is going to "fix" elections to where voting doesn't matter and if so, you cool with that plan @“

His quote was taken out of context. I provided the evidence.

Yet, the argument changes to Trump he lacks depth on basic concepts. I wasn’t arguing that. At all.

You called me out on the switch:
“But you think trump knows more about topics when discussing them. Its crazy that you haven't yet realized he is an idiot who rarely knows what he is talking about”

Meanwhile if you take trumps whole quote in total context then you have to realize just how badly he lacks depth on basic concepts. Like voting and elections. He is saying he will make elections so safe and fair and perfect that he won't need the Christian vote.
Elon, literally posted almost the same thing I did, in more words, 9 hours later.

View: https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1817349944443040004

If you consider this lacks depth, then yes he is lacking depth.

She does and I have provided multiple instances that, which are in context. (Not hard to do)

Yet, when I post them, the argument is quickly changed to “But Trump”. I’m not fighting for Trump.

I’m just posting that another one of his quotes are taken out of context and used to say “That he will turn into Putin/Kim dictatorship and there won’t be any more elections in the USA”

“Does that mean that trump is going to "fix" elections to where voting doesn't matter and if so, you cool with that plan @“

Yet, the argument changes to Trump he lacks depth on basic concepts. I wasn’t arguing that. At all.

“But you think trump knows more about topics when discussing them. Its crazy that you haven't yet realized he is an idiot who rarely knows what he is talking about”

Elon, literally posted almost the same thing I did, in more words, 9 hours later.

Yes he lacks depth because the voter fraud is an invention that anyone that looks into it would realize.

So Trump heard people say "voter fraud" it was good for him, so he is now pushing very strongly this false idea that there is wide spread voter fraud that changes the outcome of the presidential election to the tune of tens of millions of votes.

Him thinking that he'll fix voter fraud demonstrates one of two things, possibly both. First, that Trump is dumb enough, having access to all the pertinent information, to believe voter fraud is a serious problem. Second, that he is simply using non-existent voter fraud to scare his base.

The arguments that Kamala just isn't good enough don't vibe with me.

I feel like I got on a plane with a coach middle seat between two women with lap riding infants that never stop crying and I got upgraded to Comfort+ and people are trying to tell me how ****** my seat is compared to first class.

Yeah, I know better seats exist, but this seat compared to the hell I thought I was condemned to is a welcomed and cherished improvement.

Quick easy question. Do you agree with trump that after he fixes the election he (and other Republicans) won't need the Christian vote?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The arguments that Kamala just isn't good enough don't vibe with me.

I feel like I got on a plane with a coach middle seat between two women with lap riding infants that never stop crying and I got upgraded to Comfort+ and people are trying to tell me how ****** my seat is compared to first class.

Yeah, I know better seats exist, but this seat compared to the hell I thought I was condemned to is a welcomed and cherished improvement.

Great analogy. I'd like to add that those people talking **** about your Comfort+ seat are on a Boeing about to plunge into the ocean.

Well….Trump ambiguous statements do lend themselves to multiple meanings. I blame Trump 100% for that, and I do believe it is often calculated and deliberate.

Various perspectives offered in this piece. I think it is well worth mentioning, that it is very true that Trump is well known by now for ambiguous statements that can be interpreted in more than one way:

“Erica De Bruin, a professor of government at Hamilton College whose research focuses on civil-military relations, civil war and policing, said, “Trump frequently makes these kinds of deliberately ambiguous statements that can be interpreted in multiple ways.”

But she added that “to understand what another Trump presidency would involve, I think it is more useful to look at his past behavior than to attempt to parse what might be the ‘true meaning’ of any individual set of remarks he makes.” She pointed out that the last time he was in office, “he attempted to subvert the outcome of an election and remain in power longer than the American public voted to keep him there.”

Also:
“Steven Levitsky, a professor of government at Harvard University, and co-author of “Tyranny of the Minority: Why American Democracy Reached the Breaking Point,” also said that while he didn’t think Trump’s recent comment was “indicative of an organized plot to end elections in the United States,” it did represent yet another sign that “the guy has got authoritarian reflexes.”

“Over the course of 10 or 15 years,” Levitsky added, a growing number of Republicans “convinced themselves that they weren’t going to be able to win elections in this new, multiracial America. I’m not so sure that’s true, but they were deeply fearful that was true. And so Trump, I think more than anything else, he senses … where they’re going and they’re feeling”.

And, absolutely this:

“Levitsky’s co-author, Daniel Ziblatt, also a professor of government at Harvard, put a finer point on the significance of Trump’s comment. “I can’t think of a major candidate for office in any democracy on Earth since at least World War II who speaks in such overtly authoritarian ways,” said Ziblatt. “Not Victor Orban in Hungary, not Recep Erdogan in Turkey. Nowhere.”

And:

Jennifer Mercieca, a communications professor at Texas A&M University and author of “Demagogue for President: The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump,” said in an email that she interpreted Trump’s comment as an attempt to address the “double bind” that supposed “strongmen” leaders face……

……“I think Trump is here promising Christians that he will actually solve the problems that he has promised them he’ll solve (a full abortion ban … and various ‘culture war’ issues) and so with all of the problems solved, they won’t feel like the world is so chaotic that they have to vote to save the nation.”

“It’s a big promise,” she added, “and he doesn’t give specific details here.”

As noted, I did not immediately think “he won’t leave office”, but, hey, he already tried it once!! I don’t even understand how the hell he’s even allowed to run again after trying to overthrow the government. Naw, he means it. Just put him in that Oval Office, and he’ll leave the day he dies, not one day sooner….Not ONE day sooner….

Last edited:
Back