What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

I read movie plots all the time, especially when a sequel is coming out and I can't remember enough of the movie. I don't often do it for movies I haven't seen though.

I also do this for books I've read.

And sorry you guys are going through so much.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

I would think all of the “forgotten man” Trumpers would love this. It provides jobs and financial support to all those who have been “forgotten” and that’s why they voted for a strongman like Trump, right? Health care, jobs, help for working class families. They should be celebrating because obviously it was the economy not race/sex/education issues that turned them to Trump.

Trump, the rich billionaire didn’t do anything to help the working class. Remember his “infrastructure week?” He got distracted and got in a fight with Pelosi. Meanwhile, working class Biden has obtained billions for working class families and older folks! A great investment for America that I’m sure all forgotten man Trumpers are going to celebrate, right? Thanks President Biden! I’m not tired from all of this winning!

Fake news edits Biden’s speech so bad that his hand disappears mid sentence. I’m sure all those who hate the lying media will speak out against Fox News over this. Cuz you know, truth and honesty are all they care about, right?

Very informative. I lived on Alma St in Palo Alto in the yellow on the map. I lived in a 400 sqf apartment that was an old garage or shed. I paid 2k a month for rent back during 06 and 08. I bet it's 5 k now.

Very informative.

Comparing the amount of housing being built in the aftermath of the housing bubble versus the population is disinformation. Housing was down all across the country in that period. That said, I agree California could do better. NIMBY is a human-wide issue.

This is a long video of cherry-picking that pretends the Democratic party is progressive. Based on such a fundamental lie, the video can't help but be full of lies.

Strong confusion of causal direction in the last part of the video.

Sorry to hear about this. This is terrible. Since he has been back, has he dealt with any issues from agent orange?
My dad was in Vietnam. He is now 76 and was recently diagnosed with an incredibly rare type of cancer that is a direct result of contact with agent orange.

Comparing the amount of housing being built in the aftermath of the housing bubble versus the population is disinformation. Housing was down all across the country in that period. That said, I agree California could do better. NIMBY is a human-wide issue.

This is a long video of cherry-picking that pretends the Democratic party is progressive. Based on such a fundamental lie, the video can't help but be full of lies.

This is certainly no attack on what you think.

Do you listen as well as you hear?

You say, "cherry picking" while I say interesting, educational and I have nothing to refute his points.

It's like you're rolling your eyes to some serious **** that no one wants.

If this dude is cherry picking, argue his points. I lived in Palo Alto for years. I agree with him.

I thought republicans were the big tent party who values diversity and hated cancel culture?

The Republicans have have a purity/loyalty test since the Contact With America. I don't know when the earliest use of RINO is, but I'd guess it was right around that time.

Since 2016 there has been an unspoken oath any Republican needs to make to MAGA. Many fake the words, but they have to say them. The GOP is Trump's party right now. No one in the party has figured out how to end this. I know many want it to go away, but no one seems to have put any strategy in place to make it happen.

Trump has stumped the GOP.

It was basically a stealth coup. Stealthy like a Trump rally is stealthy about their racism.

The Republicans have have a purity/loyalty test since the Contact With America. I don't know when the earliest use of RINO is, but I'd guess it was right around that time.

Since 2016 there has been an unspoken oath any Republican needs to make to MAGA. Many fake the words, but they have to say them. The GOP is Trump's party right now. No one in the party has figured out how to end this. I know many want it to go away, but no one seems to have put any strategy in place to make it happen.

It was basically a stealth coup. Stealthy like a Trump rally is stealthy about their racism.
To me the Trump Travesty (as it should be known going forward) was very telling for many republicans. It outed their true character and reinforced what many suspected all along, that racism and corruption to the level of treason runs rampant through their ranks. Many who were previously republican and could see it for what it was, and who weren't actually racist or corrupt, found themselves fully disenfranchised (I think of my dad here, who feels like no one represents him now in American politics) and it really polarized the party and solidified many as exactly what what was suspected all along. It was telling in a way not many events in American history has exposed one party or the other since the obvious cluster-**** of the civil war era. I do not know where they can go from here. It is also very disturbing how tight a hold Trumpism has on the rank and file, who are so completely blinded by everything that it is truly terrifying to think about. The fact that we had a true insurrection and full-on assault against our very political structure simply brushed aside with little to no accountability speaks volumes for how far we have fallen. At the risk of being maudlin, is this what it felt like in the waning days of the Roman empire?

This is certainly no attack on what you think.

Do you listen as well as you hear?

You say, "cherry picking" while I say interesting, educational and I have nothing to refute his points.

It's like you're rolling your eyes to some serious **** that no one wants.

If this dude is cherry picking, argue his points. I lived in Palo Alto for years. I agree with him.
Do you understand what "cherry-picking" means in this context?

I think it began under Newt where he worked to vilify the "other side." He passed out terminology that Republicans had to use or else face blowback from his own party. However, this is something new. What's Cheney's crime? Is it refusing to demonize Democrats the way Newt wanted? Is it for voting for liberal legislation? Or is it for refusing to go along with Trump's insurrection?

That's what's really disturbing. Ideology has nothing to do with this. Bernie Sanders could be a Republican right now if he pledged allegiance to Orange God King.

I think it began under Newt where he worked to vilify the "other side." He passed out terminology that Republicans had to use or else face blowback from his own party. However, this is something new. What's Cheney's crime? Is it refusing to demonize Democrats the way Newt wanted? Is it for voting for liberal legislation? Or is it for refusing to go along with Trump's insurrection?

That's what's really disturbing. Ideology has nothing to do with this. Bernie Sanders could be a Republican right now if he pledged allegiance to Orange God King.
Yeah, it was Newt who wrote the "Contract With America" and if I remember correctly he published it in the TV Guide, which I think was one of the most widely subscribed to magazines in the U.S. at the time. He changed the rules of the game. It started this new era of us not having two parties that don't always agree with each other and work to move things in their desired direction while always keeping the best interest of the U.S. as the primary concern to an us vs them battle of good vs evil.

The Democratic Party itself frequently presents as progressive in my opinion. The premise of the video holds water. I think we could agree that the Dems talk a big game but consistently find a way to under-deliver. There are two conservative parties in the US. One is obviously worse but the other is kinda trash too.

In sports terminology, she plays too much for the name on the back of the jersey and not enough for the name on the front. Many teams have cut ties with many players for that same "crime".
Which is odd as she's voted for Trump's proposals more than many of his stronger supporters, but it's about what's said, not about the actions.