What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

If we are going back to the 50’s then i hope they at least start taxing the wealthy like we did in the 50’s.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Hahaha no silly, that'll never happen.

The oligarchs that fund Republicans love the low tax rates. They just use culture war issues like CRT, abortion, gay marriage, immigration, etc so the working class doesn't actually unite and form a strong coalition to bring back those 1950s tax rates and actually bring long-lasting change (like universal health care, paid leave, high speed rail, etc). Fox News knows this, that's why Tucker and the gang pretend to care when in reality they're faux populists living in mansions and yachts. Tucker and Trump wouldn't be caught dead spending 1 minute with the working class dummies they manipulate everyday.

So even if you gave MAGA full control of Congress and the White House (as they had from 2016-2018), they won't actually enact change that'll help people. They'll go back to stirring the pot with culture issues while passing another round of tax cuts for the rich. And because so many people are buried so deep in their partisan positions and echo chambers, they won't realize that they're being robbed of what little they have. I mean, notice how many MAGA voters dropped Trump after he failed to pass a "better replacement of Obamacare" and then passed tax cuts for the rich.

Give Republicans control of Congress this year? Don't expect anything that actually helps working-class people. Expect more Benghazi and Hunter laptop investigations and CRT witch trials. And Americans are too stupid/memories too short to notice.

So the cycle is cycling? Blame Biden!
There are reasons why we are where we are. I’m not psychic. The level of inflation is too high. The Federal Reserve has to get it under control which necessitates contracting the money supply. That always causes a recession. That part of the picture is super simple.

More complex is the question of what caused the inflation. If reversing inflation causes a recession then understanding what is to blame for the inflation is worth knowing, and we do know. The San Francisco branch of the Federal Reserve (not a bastion of conservatism) did a study analyzing that question.

Inflation-CPI.jpg

Contrary to dishonest propaganda often posted in this forum, inflation isn’t being seen globally on the level it is being seen in the US economy, which rules out the cause being a thing that affected the world (i.e. it wasn’t COVID-19 or international supply chain issues).

Here is the direct quote from the Federal Reserve:
Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021.

The Federal Reserve goes on to mention the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021 specifically, saying that it:
resulted in an unprecedented injection of direct assistance with a relatively short duration. In contrast, real disposable personal income for our OECD sample increased only moderately during the pandemic.
If the coming recession was caused by the need to combat inflation, and inflation was caused by the spike in real disposable personal income, then let’s look at who is responsible for the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021.

Inflation-CPI-vote.jpg

The fact of the matter is that inflation would be worse, and the recession we will have to weather worse, if not for Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema blocking Build Back Better. We aren't where we are because the cycle is cycling.

MY family is doing fine. And I really like the liberal judges. I’m not tired from all this winning…
Me too. I actually have more money than I have ever had before (which isn't much but still), and healthier and happier than ever before. Going on a cruise next month!

The San Francisco branch of the Federal Reserve (not a bastion of conservatism) did a study analyzing that question.
It's not a study, it's a letter that discusses one possible reason for this contribution.

The letter even acknowledges other measures that reduce the level of contribution from direct assistance:
As Bianchi et al. (2021) point out, alternative modeling frameworks can result in different estimates. Barnichon et al. (2021), for example, indirectly find a much smaller, though statistically significant, contribution from fiscal measures using historical U.S. data and relying on a new measure of labor market slack.

Of course, if we had already had a level of personal assistance similar to other OECD countries, the assistance in the ARP wouldn't have been needed.

Me too. I actually have more money than I have ever had before (which isn't much but still), and healthier and happier than ever before. Going on a cruise next month!
I'm happy to hear that you are doing so well. You might as well go on a cruise but know that while the world you are leaving may look like this:

new-york-city-usa.jpg

Democrat policies while you are on the boat will make the world you come back to look like this:

11271-istockgetty-images-plusvicnt.jpg

I'm happy to hear that you are doing so well. You might as well go on a cruise but know that while the world you are leaving may look like this:

new-york-city-usa.jpg

Democrat policies while you are on the boat will make the world you come back to look like this:

11271-istockgetty-images-plusvicnt.jpg
Lol. Like i haven't heard that from the right a million times when other democrats were in charge in the past. And then I hear it from the left whenever the republicans are in power. Yet time marches on and things continue to be fine.
I dont rely on the government for my health, happiness and financial well being as much as others I guess. I just make smart decisions on my own. Those that rely on the government are probably scared often by whatever the government is or isn't doing. Im glad I dont live that way.

Lol. Like i haven't heard that from the right a million times when other democrats were in charge in the past. And then I hear it from the left whenever the republicans are in power. Yet time marches on and things continue to be fine.
I dont rely on the government for my health, happiness and financial well being as much as others I guess. I just make smart decisions on my own. Those that rely on the government are probably scared often by whatever the government is or isn't doing. Im glad I dont live that way.
So you didn't choose the post-apocalyptic cruise package? I hear it is quite realistic. Better than the Star Wars hotel...

Republicans spend more than Dems, and neither side does it very efficiently. Two sides of the same coin.

My opinion of Biden dropped to the floor after learning this sad fact.

There hasn't been such a disgraceful moment in U.S. Presidential history since Obama wore a tan suit.

My opinion of Biden dropped to the floor after learning this sad fact.

There hasn't been such a disgraceful moment in U.S. Presidential history since Obama wore a tan suit.

Disgraceful! Human garbage, nothing but human garbage!!

So is good ol Joe gonna throw Hunter under the bus with this laptop dirty money thing to maintain deniability ?
My head is spinning trying to decide what is likely to happen first: Joe throws his surviving son under the bus? Or AG Garland indicts Donald Trump? Neither scenario seems likely at the moment. But, methinks it will be below freezing in Hell the day Trump is held to account.

Democrats blocking great ideas and look at the situation we are now in. This is a business 101 strategy.

They will throw 13.6 billion plus another 800 and 500 million at Ukraine. But to help out their own country, they boast about how they stopped buying oil it’s ultra low price.

Last edited:
This is some good news. Unemployment rate down, labor participation and wages up.

That's great except labor participation should be north of 63%, as it was under Trump, if the Dems hadn't decided to nerf the economy with stagflationary economic policies. The 431,000 jobs is better than nothing but is concerning seeing as it marks a deceleration in the pace of hiring. In the previous two months those numbers were 504,000 and 750,000 jobs added, and we're not yet back to Trump levels of labor participation so there is no reason hiring shouldn't still be accelerating. Lastly, wages are rising but not as fast as inflation so workers are actually seeing declines in their spending power. According to a recent NBC poll, a full 63% of Americans disapprove of Biden's handling of the economy versus only 33% that approve. You can piss on people but don't expect them to believe you when you tell them it is raining. Republicans are now holding voter registration events at gas stations.

Expectations.jpg

Last edited:
That's great except labor participation should be north of 63% as it was under Trump if the Dems hadn't decided to nerf the economy with stagflationary economic policies. The 431,000 jobs is better than nothing but is concerning seeing as it marks a deceleration in the pace of hiring. In the previous two months those numbers were 504,000 and 750,000 jobs added, and we're not yet back to Trump levels of labor participation so there is no reason hiring shouldn't still be accelerating. Lastly, wages are rising but not as fast as inflation so workers are actually seeing declines in their spending power. According to a recent NBC poll, a full 63% of Americans disapprove of Biden's handling of the economy versus only 33% that approve. You can piss on people but don't expect them to believe you when you tell them it is raining. Republicans are now holding voter registration events at gas stations.
It must be hard for you to see how the world is changing. Nothing Biden has done, or Trump did, could replace a basic, low-middle class income for a family; but the number of open positions is still near a record-high. People aren't returning to these jobs, and Biden's spending simply does not account for it. The economy is changing, capitalism is having workers find a new path, and here you are moaning for the old days.