What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

You're literally sticking up for adults wanting to know underage teenagers sexual fantasies dude.

"multiple parents complained about the content of some writing prompts contained in a book called "642 Things to Write About" provided to high school students enrolled in a college credit course called Writing in the Liberal Arts II.

Parents said there was a prompt that asked students to "write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom," and another which said "rewrite the sex scene from above into one that you'd let your mom read."

They later mention it as a senior level course (implying 17/18 year old students).

The prompts were not assigned as part of the class, merely existed in a book that they used.

Nobody wanted to know anything about the fantasies of anyone you illiterate ****.

"multiple parents complained about the content of some writing prompts contained in a book called "642 Things to Write About" provided to high school students enrolled in a college credit course called Writing in the Liberal Arts II.

Parents said there was a prompt that asked students to "write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom," and another which said "rewrite the sex scene from above into one that you'd let your mom read."

They later mention it as a senior level course (implying 17/18 year old students).

The prompts were not assigned as part of the class, merely existed in a book that they used.

Nobody wanted to know anything about the fantasies of anyone you illiterate ****.
Explain this
"write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom,"

Explain the education behind it.

Explain this
"write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom,"

Explain the education behind it.

Exploring boundaries as an example of something one might be comfortable discussing with romantic partners/certain friends but not members of family.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Exploring boundaries as an example of something one might be comfortable discussing with romantic partners/certain friends but not members of family.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
What educational value is there? You're LITERALLY sticking up for teachers telling children to "explore boundaries". What the ****?

Can you provide example of stuff that kids should 'explore'? What exactly do you mean?

Fairly certain that when @Jason created a place for Jazz fans to gather, share in the triumphs and the sorrows we share as fans and dreams of the days that may come that he didn't anticipate the bulk of conversation being members defending themselves on why they're not pedophiles.
I have not called anyone ba pedophile. I said a certain demographic is normalizing it and my point is 100% proven. I'll leave it at that. I'm grossed.

Fairly certain that when @Jason created a place for Jazz fans to gather, share in the triumphs and the sorrows we share as fans and dreams of the days that may come that he didn't anticipate the bulk of conversation being members defending themselves on why they're not pedophiles.
Lol. Everyone get in here! Declare your opposition to pedophilia or you are one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's of any consolation to anyone, I don't think anyone on this forum is a pedo.

That will be my final comment on this particular topic as there's nowhere good that this discussion can go.

What educational value is there? You're LITERALLY sticking up for teachers telling children to "explore boundaries". What the ****?

Can you provide example of stuff that kids should 'explore'? What exactly do you mean?

What value is there in 17-18 year olds being familiar/comfortable with their own sexual boundaries?

Is that an honest question?

Taking it in good faith, it helps prep students for the real world. They are most likely going to have sex (most already are if we're being honest) and it's quite probable it will be an important part of future relationships for them. Them having some idea of what to expect/what they want is great.

I don't give a **** what any individuals boundaries are, I'm pretty damn vanilla myself. I imagine a prompt like this would have the full range of responses depending on the writer.

What value is there in 17-18 year olds being familiar/comfortable with their own sexual boundaries?

Taking it in good faith, it helps prep students for the real world. They are most likely going to have sex (most already are if we're being honest) and it's quite probable it will be an important part of future relationships for them. Them having some idea of what to expect/what they want is great.

I don't give a **** what any individuals boundaries are, I'm pretty damn vanilla myself. I imagine a prompt like this would have the full range of responses depending on the writer.
Glad the principal, judge, school board, and parents disagree with you. If you were right there'd be no need to apologize and immediately get rid of said normalization(curriculum).

Excellent post

Where jazzy is involved in the discussion, pedophilia will be involved in the discussion.

Educating ~17 year olds about sex/sexuality is not remotely pedophilic.

Edit: The point being - describing it as pedophilia is a problem and distracts from real problems in that area.
If you're correct why get rid of the curriculum?

You've went from 15-16, to 16, to 17. Why do you keep raising the number? I agree sexual education is good but having a teenager tell a teacher that they have sexual fantasies they won't tell mom is wrong.

Last edited:
If you're correct why get rid of the curriculum?

You've went from 15-16, to 16, to 17. Why do you keep rising the number? I agree sexual education is good but having a teenager tell a teacher that they have sexual fantasies they won't tell mom is wrong.

I think they were wrong to get rid of the curriculum. I on occasion disagree with other people, even people of authority.

I've never mentioned 15 year olds outside of quoting Hax to reply to their trolling.

16 year olds was the most generous to you interpretation I could give. Article states it's a senior level class, realistically could be a few juniors. In other posts I said ~17 or 16-18 because it's probably the most accurate based off the information available.

And yeah, I explicitly disagree with you on the mom bit. I think acknowledging that there are things teenagers don't want to discuss with their mothers is both realistic and productive.

So I think the prompt has two main positives - normalizes sex as real part of the students lives and also a tidy little lesson on writing for different audiences when combined with the second prompt.